Parr/Quaiffe sequential box

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
simonmurray01
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parr/Quaiffe sequential box

Hi All,

Does anybody on the list have experience on fitting the Quaiffe/Parr motorsport sequential box to 996/997 cup cars ? I am considering one for my 996 cup car.

Thanks,

Simon
Old 06-14-2010, 03:36 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Search Quaife in this forum and you'll see a few threads on this. If you're racing PCA, you'll be bumped up a class if you change from stock, as the current rules sit.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Sequential gearbox as far as I can ascertain in speaking with Parr UK, is a direct replacement for the OEM box, it even plugs into the same electronics. Keep in mind that in the 996 you will have some accessory parts that will need to be changed out as well. But these parts are all part of the package that comes from them there.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions and I will be happy to get them addressed in short order.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxle
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
simonmurray01
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I have read up on all the posts re the Quaife box but was hoping to find somebody on the forum who had actually used one in race conditions, preferably for a period of time.

Thanks,

Simon
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simon - Unless I am mistaken, there is no one here in the US that has run this gearbox as of yet. I have been trying to find some people to request a rules change from PCA to allow this gearbox, and I am working with Parr- UK to get the homologation paperwork done with the ACO so that we can offer this gearbox to the Grand-am and IMSA teams as well.

I will try to get you an update, as well as a team overseas that may be able to offer some impressions, but unfortunately, I think that might be the best I can do.

Warmest Regards, and I hope that this helps at least a little.

Erik Johnson
Old 06-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Mark GT3
Instructor

Have you considered the Oakley Design sequential gear shift system? It bolts on to the original Cup transmission and has been proven in both street and race conditions. Check it out at www.oakleydesign.eu if you're interested to learn more.

I purchased one to install on my 996 GT3 which has a Cup transmission in it. After purchasing a 996 Cup I sold the GT3 but still have the Oakley Design shifter which has never even been out if the box. Its currently on Oregon if this is an option you decide to consider.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
simonmurray01
Intermediate

thanks, have looked at the Oakley design shifter as well as the SQS Racing one (may be the same thing). Looks interesting but havnt heard of anybody using them in race applications either.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Mark GT3
Instructor

I did a lot of research and spoke to Jon at Oakley Design about using it for racing. Most of their European customers have them installed in race cars including several 996 Cup cars.

Before selling my GT3 which was being developed as a race car I was going to use it in that. Depending on what series I decide to run in I might put it in the Cup car. Or I'll just sell it.

Quick Reply: Parr/Quaiffe sequential box