Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FT3 upgrade

Hi

Have a stock 2011 997 Cup

Want to convert fuel tank to the FIA cell with the rapid fuelling (hood) so that I can run the car in longer races

Any ideas and suggestions?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I understand that is a 15 to 18k improvement with the bladder, fuel pumps, fuel break and new hood.

I am curious to see what you find

Old 04-18-2014, 12:30 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2011's come with fuel cells..must be a non usa car..

you have options:

1. Premier
2. ATL

Cost will be about $15-$20k installed
Old 04-18-2014, 12:33 PM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

you're right, its an EU car

yeah prices I'm seeing are $15K or so for the parts, then installation

Have an option on a used one for about $7.5. But want to do better.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Premiere, atl or fuel safe. I think fuel safe is the cheapest. They are all expensive and a pain in the ***.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
mobonic
Drifting

be careful with used ones. I would get a used one tested and new pumps...
Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Any suggestions for sourcing a hood with the hole/cutout for the fuel cell?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mobonic
be careful with used ones. I would get a used one tested and new pumps...
Tested at the certifier?

Why new pumps
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 PM
mobonic
Drifting

whoever makes it can test it.

pumps go bad and its cheaper to just replace when going in, as its a lot of labor to have to remove cell from car.

dont have to depend on how many hours the pumps have on them.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:06 AM
MSLNZ
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche changed the rules for International Competition in late 2012 saying that they would no longer endorse the stock street car type fuel tank for International events. ( you need to check with what each individual event is sanctioned as "International" generally means that its an FIA type race... ie Dubai 24 hr, Bathurst 12 hr, Barcelona 24 hr, Sepang 12 hr are all considered National events as the car club sanctioning is based in that country.

America has always required fuel cells by the majority of the sanctioning bodies here with some exceptions obviously so the US delivered cars started to have cells put in them much earlier.

When Porsche changed the rule there were quite a few people upset about this and the price tag from Porsche as about 14k euro for the kit. Porsche issued a subsequent bulletin ( that I believe we can still purchase on as we bought one for a customer 6 or 7 weeks ago ) offering the kit for 8k - 9k euro

These are very complete and come with the pumps, lines etc etc.. everything to make it work. I have never tried to order from PMNA as we usually deal with PMDE... if any one wants one happy to submit the order on behalf... its a good deal so silly not to take advantage of it...

Oh, in order to receive this discount you need to have a 2010 + chassis # that was not supplied with a cell available to you as they are logging the upgrades and only offering the discounted deal to 2010 + owners that are affected by their rule change.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MSLNZ
Porsche changed the rules for International Competition in late 2012 saying that they would no longer endorse the stock street car type fuel tank for International events. ( you need to check with what each individual event is sanctioned as "International" generally means that its an FIA type race... ie Dubai 24 hr, Bathurst 12 hr, Barcelona 24 hr, Sepang 12 hr are all considered National events as the car club sanctioning is based in that country.

America has always required fuel cells by the majority of the sanctioning bodies here with some exceptions obviously so the US delivered cars started to have cells put in them much earlier.

When Porsche changed the rule there were quite a few people upset about this and the price tag from Porsche as about 14k euro for the kit. Porsche issued a subsequent bulletin ( that I believe we can still purchase on as we bought one for a customer 6 or 7 weeks ago ) offering the kit for 8k - 9k euro

These are very complete and come with the pumps, lines etc etc.. everything to make it work. I have never tried to order from PMNA as we usually deal with PMDE... if any one wants one happy to submit the order on behalf... its a good deal so silly not to take advantage of it...

Oh, in order to receive this discount you need to have a 2010 + chassis # that was not supplied with a cell available to you as they are logging the upgrades and only offering the discounted deal to 2010 + owners that are affected by their rule change.
Thanks a lot for this information.

The 6K Euro offer for the used one doesn't look as good with this in mind.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Raceparts
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 fuel cell

Good afternoon,

My name is Ben Paddick, Sales Manager at Transatlantic Raceparts Ltd. We are the North American distributor for Premier Fuel Systems. I can supply you with a complete fuel cell assembly for your car. I will be able to save you some money in shipping and import duty. If you are still in need of something then please feel free to call or email with any questions, 770-889-0499 (press 1 for sales) or sales@race-parts.com. I always stock pumps and filter socks also.

Our full catalogue can be seen on our website: www.race-parts.com

Many thanks

Ben

Quick Reply: FT3 upgrade