Notices
Macan 2014-Current

If no diesel in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

My local dealer has had a 2013 manual Cayenne base model for over a year. Nobody wants to buy it.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:17 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^Not surprised to hear that. The one they had over here sat around for what seemed like an eternity. I suspect as no one wanted it, it was assigned to do an extended tour of duty as a loaner until it racked up enough miles to where they could sacrifice it to the wreckers or some eccentric "one of"punter for a song. I doubt anyone would drive one of these and then order one.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
SQ5 and Macan S are indeed pretty similar in performance (both in US and Europe, where the SQ5 is a Diesel). OTOH, the SQ5 is Audi's top of the range Q5, where as the Macan S is the "base" 6 cylinder Macan. Macan is more aimed to be a sporty SUV with less practicallity. The SQ5 is a practical SUV with a slightly more sporty appearance and a tweaked suspension.

Suzy (via iOS app)
I would agree with this assesment. Additionaly (and I am not sure how it is in Europe and other markets) but in the US, even the non-monetary demographics of the two brands are somewhat different , so it makes some sense although I really do think the SQ5 sales will suffer.

Originally Posted by roule
Could there ever be a business case for Audi and Porsche to offer practically identical capability vehicles, with near-identical powertrains? Some of us are puzzled that Audi released the SQ5 at the same time Porsche rolled out the Macan S. The market may be growing, but it seems foolish for sister companies to be fighting for the same market space.
VW group is such a behemoth these days that it is inevitable there is going to be some overlap. There is some overlap between each of it's brands if you really think about it.

Quick Reply: If no diesel in the USA