Macan 2014-Current

Macan from Porsche Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Macan from Porsche Exclusive

Here's the official Porsche Exclusive Macan S in Sapphire blue, with Sports Exhaust and some other new options.
i guess these new options will become available pretty soon.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mac...e-sapphireblue

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

According to the brochure I picked up yesterday from my dealer, these options are footnoted to be available for cars built in Oct or Nov 2014 "at the earliest".
Old 04-13-2014, 04:03 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone heard any word on when/if there might be a Turbo "S" version? I'm going to delay my order so I can get the Sport Exhaust but if there might be an Turbo "S" in next year I'd probably wait for that.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:02 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be surprised if a Turbo S is released before 2 more years, but I doubt if anyone would know either. Sounds like a non S may come first, and possibly a GTS. Like you, I'm delaying an order until Nov/Dec so as to have some more choices in interior colors, and things like the "Surround View" cameras. Sport Exhaust might be nice, but I'm afraid it will be priced higher than I'm willing to pay, and I've heard that the standard exhaust sounds pretty good.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

My sales rep is taking his Macan training first week of May and I'm going to get him to ask about "S" version of Turbo. If no news I'll still wait for Sport Exhaust (as long as everything else is ok with the order as far as delivery is concerned -red/black interior and sun roof). I have surround view cameras on my BMW 650 and find them useless. I do use rear view though and front sensors.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Kinesis 996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic,

curious John, what have you done to your 996 TT cab?

And which sales rep u using in vancouver? I was originally from Vancouver
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 AM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

My sales rep at Porsche Centre Vancouver is Bob Clarke. I've known Bob for many years even before he was selling cars.

Mods on 996 TT include: Evoms ECU and TCU reprogramming, Evo Clubsport exhaust (complete from manifolds to muffler)' Hitachi MAS, Paddleshift steering wheel (Raid), Recaro Sport-Topline seats, Kenwood Nav/Stereo/Sat sound system, Bilstein PSS 10's, GT2 competition brakes and BBS RS GT wheels.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Kinesis 996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooo Bob, though we never bought a car from him.

Lots of modification to your turbo, very nice!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
rpilot
Pro

@Suzy.. Is there an option that you know of to order just the top door panels (dealer only option .. not in configurator) in conjuction with the Leather Package instead of the getting the full leather interior?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpilot
@Suzy.. Is there an option that you know of to order just the top door panels (dealer only option .. not in configurator) in conjuction with the Leather Package instead of the getting the full leather interior?
Not that I know of...
I have no idea what dealer options are available for the Macan to be honest. I'm not in the market for a Macan anymore, so I don't get much new info either.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:30 AM
rpilot
Pro

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Not that I know of...
I have no idea what dealer options are available for the Macan to be honest. I'm not in the market for a Macan anymore, so I don't get much new info either.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Thx for the reply anyway. I am still confused if this is or not included with the Leather package (the intermediate) VF. The new brochure (US) that I downloaded states that the door panels are in smooth leather with the VF package, the configurator does not mention them.

When I say door panels, I do not mean the top stitched portion, I simply mean the panel between the armrest and the aluminium/wood/black trim of the door. I hope someone can clarify that.

I am toying with the idea of buying a Macan Turbo but my present experience with the full leather interior in my C2 makes me want to NOT get the full leather interior, although the upper door panel area is probably the only place besides the seats & steering, I want to see some kind of decent material like every other luxury car on the planet... maybe my expectations are too high, given Porsche
Old 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

What is wrong with leather in that place? I would not want to have anything else than real leather if I'm honest.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 AM
rpilot
Pro

What is wrong with leather in that place? I would not want to have anything else than real leather if I'm honest.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Nothing.. I WANT real smooth leather in that area,instead of the plastic and I am hoping it's there with the leather package. I just do not care for a full leather interior..(ie.. leather in lower areas of the car).
Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpilot
Nothing.. I WANT real smooth leather in that area,instead of the plastic and I am hoping it's there with the leather package. I just do not care for a full leather interior..(ie.. leather in lower areas of the car).
Ah okay! Now I get it

The leather package on all other Porsches do not inlcude that specific part covered in leather, but only the armrest. In a 991, 981, Panamera or Cayenne you need to go for full leather interior, so I guess it won't be any different for the Macan.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM
rpilot
Pro

Ah okay! Now I get it

The leather package on all other Porsches do not inlcude that specific part covered in leather, but only the armrest. In a 991, 981, Panamera or Cayenne you need to go for full leather interior, so I guess it won't be any different for the Macan.

Suzy (via iOS app)
I realize that, however the leather package on all other P models also do not include the dash top in leather, so I am hoping for once, Porsche decided to make some changes and the brochure is right..... I am willing to even pay extra for that area to be in leather if there is an exclusive option, but in my experience all exclusive leather options are on top of a leather interior usually, and which is why I asked that question earlier. At any rate I am going to wait a bit before making the final decision so I am sure there will be more info then...

Quick Reply: Macan from Porsche Exclusive