Dealer delivery
Stamp duty
Goods and services tax
Luxury car tax

Total: AUD31,676.00

Total Driveaway Cost: AUD112,000.00

ETA: September 2014 approx
Western Australia WA stands for "Wait Awhile"

We get ripped off with so called "other costs and charges" of almost 40% over basic vehicle cost. For example dealer delivery of AUD5,593.00 and no negotiation. Their comment/excuse; new model, got forward orders, you want car, you pay. Also luxury car tax of AUD10,534.00 for the privilege.

Aren't we lucky.
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris 993

Aren't we lucky.
Yes you are.
A lightly optioned base 2.0 Macan cost usd115k in Indonesia.
Certainly not the most expensive base macan in the world, Singapore is.

Btw, congrats on the new order.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still haven't seen a white one with the side blades in body color. There's a guy in the neighborhood with a white out Cayenne that looks pretty sharp. Looks like you're going for the contrast.

You know I want the diesel, you lucky dog.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:42 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good! Are you going the full black leather? If not I would highly recommend you do so. The base leather is not nearly as nice in quality.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Chris 993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buckfever you're right, I needed some contrast to break the white. The side blades will be black, so will the window trims. However, we haven't see the car in the flesh, that I'm reliably informed will be 14 June. Colours etc. may change. Porsche seem to be pushing the Sapphire Blue as leading colour on all advertising literature, but doesn't mean everyone must have blue.
Also need to clarify if all side windows can be factory tinted glass, not just rear sides, "privacy glazing" I'm the owner/driver and don't have a chauffeur, nor will I be sitting in the back behind the "privacy glazing" Will be hard to match factory tinted glass rear side window and tinted film for front windows.

And yes aren't we lucky having the 3.0 litre V6 turbo charged DIESEL. For once we've got something ahead of you and that in itself is a miracle!!
I don't know why the diesel is not available in USA. Surely there's a market for it and the 3.0 litre, not the proposed 2.0 litre.

Speed21, I've ordered the 18 way adaptive sports seats with partial leather, extra AUD710.00. Partial leather seats with leather package is an extra AUD4,510.00. Leather interior (full?) is an extra AUD8,120.00. At this stage it's the cost factor, however I've got the option to change if not acceptable.

There's two other options I'm considering, stainless steel front/rear skid plates - rear looks good around twin pipes, also Sport Chromo Package.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 AM
speed21
Banned

My best advice to you is to get the full leather at 8k. The differences between the two are chalk and cheese. With the full leather you are actually getting real leather, not some synthetic crap which is essentially just renamed plastic...and looks it too. Go take a look at a top end cayenne with the full leather and then one with the regular/partial or, take a peek at a new 991 with the partial and one with the full leather package. No comparison. The full adds so much depth to the interior of the car and makes it really feel the money inside. The other accessories you can always buy off Suncoast and retrofit at a later stage. From my own experience owning these cars I have found that over the course of ownership the full really makes the car feel so much more the money all after the initial new car buz has worn off and the reality sets in and all the regrets surface especially after seeing other cars with it. I would honestly rate it as a must have option for a Porsche. A lot of buyers shy away because of the initial cost of 8K but don't realise its actually the cheapest option out there. I would also go the SC as well if for nothing other than the look.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Chris 993
Track Day

Thanks for your advice and will consider your comments on the leather, makes sense. I've got '94 993 with full leather and will look around to find partial leather vs full leather even if on Cayenne, doubt if first release Oz Macan on June 14 will have full leather.
Probably include Sports Chrono.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 AM
speed21
Banned

Looking at your spec it looks good except the omission of the SC and the full leather package. Also noticed you missed the roof rails... But as it stands I wouldn't sacrifice anything off your current list. The only thing missing now is the link that connects the Brand to the price being paid.....which makes the driver/owner feel like its worth the coin spent after the fizz dies down.

In the 993 partial was relatively acceptable, in fact I think it was at least real leather, but in 996 and particularly 997 the partial took a turn. The partial in the 991 is truly unacceptable especially considering the huge prices paid in Aus and it is clearly not real leather. The worst to date....on par with much cheaper brands. The only saving graces is the build quality, fit and finish of Brand but even that isn't enough to excuse it. Maybe if the prices in Aus were the same as USA you could cop it but at more than twice the money I don't think so.

And I think with Macan being clearly scaled back in other areas to get it into the market at a price the partial definitely won't be any better than the 991 that's for certain....probably worse (if that's possible). I think this is VW's influence perpetrating into the Porsche brand unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Chris 993
Track Day

Will be adding Sports Chrono to options list. Want to see full leather before making decision. Don't need roof rails, had full roof rails/system on Merc ML320DCI and never used.
Visiting Dealer this weekend, need to confirm colour, white optioned but will consider Agate Grey. Rest of specification remains unchanged.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 AM
speed21
Banned

Never used the rails either.....but do like the look given it is an SUV after all. Plus they cant be retrofitted and you never know. Both the white and agate are good choices. Probably go the agate myself if it were me but colors are personal. White is very hard to keep clean. Re the Full/L, the hardest part is the paying for it bit, always the way, but once you are in it you will be smiling that i can assure. ....and any pain seems to vanish.

Quick Reply: Order placed Macan S Diesel - Australia