Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a CGT? Here’s the people you should talk to....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Buying a CGT? Here’s the people you should talk to....

I recently posted a wanted ad and finished a deal on a CGT. I wanted to give future buyers a list of the “good guys” to talk to when you are in the market. As several people reached out to me... it was fun navigating the field and figuring out who the right people to talk to were. If I might say. There are a lot of BS/Shady dealers out there... but the people below are completely stand up and great to work with.

Jesse from Veltracon- Jesse found the car I bought... brokered the deal and has been super helpful and transparent throughout the entire process. I travel a lot for work and he has taken on responsibilities that really make buying a car much easier. He even went out of his way to be at the dealer during inspection, and got 3 shipping quotes for me. truly a stand up guy and no BS. Gets the deal done.. thanks Jesse! also, Jesse has a lot of exclusive cars... not just Porsche’s. Soo if you are looking for something special. He’s your guy.

Sterling Sackey.... Sterling has a wealth of knowledge on these cars that is most likely unparalleled. He also is great guy to deal with. No BS attitude. Completely transparent and will walk you through the pros and cons of each car he has. We were inches away on a deal.....However, Sterling knows almost every car out there and even though we did not finish the deal he has steered me in the right direction for my other car and has assisted every step of the way. Great guy and I highly recommend him to find potential buyers the right car.

Jimmy Repasi- I reached out to Jimmy after being referred by Sterling. Most of the cars that were offered did not have engine out services.. Jimmy walked me through the service and what to look for in a car. Gave me tons of insight on conditions and costs concerning maintenance. Super helpful and really has a ton of knowledge on these cars. He even offered to fly down to Florida to see my car in person. As far as service is concerned, he probably is the best in the US.

Last edited by erikerik; 02-06-2020 at 06:52 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by erikerik:
908/3fan (04-19-2020), AlexCeres (02-06-2020), CRex (02-13-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 11:15 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I can second Jimmy Repasi...solid guy with tremendous experience and knowledge about these cars. I've yet to deal with the other two.
The following users liked this post:
jimmyrepasi (04-15-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks Erik! Very excited to see your car out here in California!
Old 02-06-2020, 11:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

jimmy is great, helped me many occasions on CGT as I piled the miles on
erik, u in so cal? if you are up north, several CGT's go out on drives often
The following users liked this post:
jimmyrepasi (04-15-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 01:22 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Nicely done Erik. Can hardly wait to do a CGT run up the PCH with two of these things! Golf clubs will be shipped
Old 02-07-2020, 02:20 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raclaims
I can second Jimmy Repasi...solid guy with tremendous experience and knowledge about these cars. I've yet to deal with the other two.
raclaims.... you have quite the stable. I know Jesse has a super special allocation right now. You might want to hit him up. Car Starts with a V and ends with an E.

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Thanks Erik! Very excited to see your car out here in California!
will let you know when it arrives!

Originally Posted by mooty
mooty... SoCal....we’ll have to meet up at some point. Whether In SoCal or NorCal.

Originally Posted by E-Man
Nicely done Erik. Can hardly wait to do a CGT run up the PCH with two of these things! Golf clubs will be shipped
haha. Thanks man! You inspired me! Glad to be a part of the fam. 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by erikerik:
911Vintage (02-07-2020), E-Man (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:15 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

Another vote for Jimmy, not only as a pre-purchase resource but an ongoing relationship for CGT owners. I know my decision to KEEP a cgt long-term vs experience-and-move-on is highly correlated to living w/in driving distance to Jimmy. He has a rare combination of passion, knowledge/know-how and integrity you don’t often find in the industry. And, while he is the CGT guru, his expertise doesn’t stop there. He’s helped me with almost everything in the P lineup. I better stop talking him up; I’m only adding to my future wait-times and prices!
The following 4 users liked this post by Jrtaylor9:
erikerik (02-07-2020), jimmyrepasi (04-15-2020), raclaims (02-07-2020), smokeygt (02-07-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 05:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,808 Likes on 2,170 Posts

Congrats on the purchase Erik. I think I'll create my own WTB post now. haha
Old 02-10-2020, 06:15 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Thanks Martin... Well you know who to talk to now! good luck with the hunt. Not a lot of driver cars out there.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:10 PM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by erikerik
Jimmy Repasi- I reached out to Jimmy after being referred by Sterling. Most of the cars that were offered did not have engine out services.. Jimmy walked me through the service and what to look for in a car. Gave me tons of insight on conditions and costs concerning maintenance. Super helpful and really has a ton of knowledge on these cars. He even offered to fly down to Florida to see my car in person. As far as service is concerned, he probably is the best in the US.
Thank you very much Eric! I feel lucky to be a part of the community and fortunate that many of you trust me with your cars. I understand that servicing a Carrera GT can sometimes feel like a daunting and expensive task. I do my best to take the mystery out of it. I'm happy to help anytime I can. Eric had a great team already in play and was able to make an educated decision with that information he had already obtained without much from me.Had a great conversation about the uniqueness of these cars and also their unique needs. I look forward to more posts and content of you enjoying your Carrera GT! Congratulations

Originally Posted by raclaims
Thank you Justin! I appreciate that very much. Having local friends like you with these to see at meets and cruises means a lot

Originally Posted by mooty
Thanks Mooty! I always enjoy catching up with you. Keep driving it like its meant to be and congrats on #2!

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Another vote for Jimmy, not only as a pre-purchase resource but an ongoing relationship for CGT owners. I know my decision to KEEP a cgt long-term vs experience-and-move-on is highly correlated to living w/in driving distance to Jimmy. He has a rare combination of passion, knowledge/know-how and integrity you don’t often find in the industry. And, while he is the CGT guru, his expertise doesn’t stop there. He’s helped me with almost everything in the P lineup. I better stop talking him up; I’m only adding to my future wait-times and prices!
Thanks Jeremy! I appreciate you always trusting me with your cars! I feel the only time you make time to drive them is back and forth to me, we may have to spread the distance a bit just so you get more seat time! Fingers crossed you decide to keep the entire lineup

(203)257-0987

Info@RepasiMotorwerks.com

www.RepasiMotorwerks.com
The following 2 users liked this post by jimmyrepasi:
911Vintage (02-12-2020), LAMBO_JESUS (04-15-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 01:09 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Another shout out to Jimmy. True asset to the CGT owners community. I was a newbie to this car and he's helped me sort out the maintenance and understand its upkeep in so many ways... and I'm on the side of the pond some 8,000 miles away!

If I ever get to pick up another CGT I'll insist on that going through his PPI.

Thanks Jimmy!
The following 2 users liked this post by CRex:
jimmyrepasi (02-17-2020), smokeygt (02-13-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:20 PM
Richard 911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jimmy Repasi +

Another A+ Vote for Jimmy Repasi!

My search for the perfect CGT would not have been as fun nor confident had it not been for Jimmy. We must've discussed every CGT that came on the market and some that never made the market... In a couple of prospects, he already knew of the car. LOL.

He would hop on a plane, drive, PPi and provide a "JimmyGT" thorough report. While on-site, FaceTime, Text, and give a detailed review... Then, within the week, he compiled notes and sent me a dropbox report of his findings with hundreds of photos... He turned the CGT hunt from uncertain and stressful to what it should be... FUN.

On the actual car I ended up purchasing, the funniest was when Jimmy was at the selling dealer where we prepared/planned for use of their lift. The sales guy leaves him behind and after a couple hours wondered why Jimmy wasn't done... Sales guy comes back only to find Jimmy with a dismantled car. !!! The look on the sales guy's face was priceless.

Talk about thorough. The was no inch of the car that wasn't aesthetically scrutinized, everything tested for proper functionality, and mechanical items inspected/measured.

Fast forward, post purchase, Jimmy has been there for any questions, service, etc. He is not only an expert on CGTs but a passionate car guy.

RP

The following 4 users liked this post by Richard 911:
CGT000 (02-22-2020), MirageJHU (02-21-2020), raclaims (02-24-2020), W8MM (02-22-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 PM
Richard 911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jimmy PPi

Threads are always better w/ Pics. LoL

Throwback pics Jimmy! Thx

PPi by Jimmy

The following 4 users liked this post by Richard 911:
Finlander (02-26-2020), LAMBO_JESUS (04-15-2020), MirageJHU (02-21-2020), Sterling Sackey (02-24-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:42 PM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Awesome Richard... 2 dream cars in 1 garage! Is that your F1 hiding back there?
Old 03-02-2020, 10:23 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 92 Posts

What’s the best way to get in touch with Jimmy Repasi? I’ve sent a PM but don’t have a phone number. Thanks

Quick Reply: Buying a CGT? Here’s the people you should talk to....