Old 04-18-2014, 04:26 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by wtdoom
Welcome to another dragon rider !
Thanks guys should have it next week.

Doom

You and that limited slip differential forced me to swap the MP4 for the CGT.

Shame on me for not listening to you earlier - impressive work carving the corners on the you tube videos.

Feel free to rip me a new one in a pm ... I deserve now that I am on your turf ... be gentle
Old 04-19-2014, 07:36 AM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Thanks guys should have it next week.

Doom

You and that limited slip differential forced me to swap the MP4 for the CGT.

Shame on me for not listening to you earlier - impressive work carving the corners on the you tube videos.

Feel free to rip me a new one in a pm ... I deserve now that I am on your turf ... be gentle
Nuvolari , I am honoured that I played even a small part in your decision to buy what is in my opinion the greatest usable , reliable Supercar ever . I wish you years of joy . If I can help you in any way please do t hesitate to ask , I'm at your service .

I'd check :
The dampers ( with your fingers , they can leak and this can be hard to spot)
Check you are not on the "plus 10" droplinks
Put her on supersports
Check the geo and away you go !

Once again welcome to the order of the dragon .

It's also interesting to me that mclaren have replaced the 12c with a car that's , more " fun" , "emotional" and " natural feeling on the slide " .
Old 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Nuvolari , I am honoured that I played even a small part in your decision to buy what is in my opinion the greatest usable , reliable Supercar ever . I wish you years of joy . If I can help you in any way please do t hesitate to ask , I'm at your service .

I'd check :
The dampers ( with your fingers , they can leak and this can be hard to spot)
Check you are not on the "plus 10" droplinks
Put her on supersports
Check the geo and away you go !

Once again welcome to the order of the dragon .

It's also interesting to me that mclaren have replaced the 12c with a car that's , more " fun" , "emotional" and " natural feeling on the slide " .
Very interesting - Mclaren should have kept tweaking the MP4 until it offered what the 650 delivers.

Thanks for the heads up - what's geo?

Ok - since this is a pricing thread what original items were included from the factory.

Seat pads - quanity ___
Luggage - how many pieces ___
Special books - owners manual ___
Any trinkets?

When I bought my 16M from E-man who traded it for a CGT - luggage Bronze 16M Alcantara book were all missing. After a year and 8k I now have what was included from the factory - lots of dealers have sticky fingers. Eric btw keeping that sweet 16M

Can you guys fill in the blanks and or what I missed - Thanks!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 PM
tripleblack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Nuvolari. Welcome!

Here's a useful link:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/cgt.html

Seat pads - quantity ___4 (incl. the 2 in the car)

Luggage - how many pieces ___ 7 (including the door pouches). Apparently some were 5-piece but I'm not sure about that.

Special books - owners manual ___ The regular from Porsche. There is also a neat Service Information book (A4 size & ring-bound).

Any trinkets? Not sure.

The car cover is neat. There is a CD for the nav system if your car has one.

I had mine out today. It never disappoints.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is purely marketing hype IMO. the 650S is an excellent car but at the end of the day it's still a 12C, albeit improved. The underlying character of the car has not changed, although without tracking the car perhaps the new software makes the car more natural feeling at the limt. The 650 has gained more torque/grip and precision at front axle but in all honesty I can't see how it's gained 'fun' and 'emotion' per factory claims. It will not offer the same intensity of focus and engagement the gt3 rs/cgt have but to be fair it was never meant to be that kind of car either.

nuvolari - glad you have changed your opinion about the cgt per what you had posted previously on the mclife forum about cars being damanged when used...... Congrats on the car, there is very little else quite like it today and quite possibly that will ever be made again.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM
envythez06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase of the CGT Nuvolari612! Also great choice on keeping the 16M, my father has one also and I don't think he will ever sell it, such a thrilling car to drive. See you're in the midwest, not by chance in Michigan? Would be nice to see a few more CGT's on the roads here!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:01 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Triple Black - Ty will try out the cf gear shift.

ISV Thanks - check that thread again and my join date here willing to bet it says a CGT will be in the garage ... it was just a matter of feeling comfortable with myself and son's capabilities to handle the CGT. My skills are far better and he is on his way to racing school.

Envy - Thanks in St Louis. Earlier you posted about your Dad's red cgt. The red CGT in Louisville I went back and forth on for over three weeks - owners son also lives in Detroit. Turns out there are two red CGT's sons in Detroit.

Pricing - collectors are a 20% premium and many CGT's have left the US daily driver prices will soon be 5's.

The Ford GT is 100k over list and the F50 is 1.4 - prices will rise.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 04-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Congrats.

Dang prices.

I've likely missed my chance to add a 'driver' CGT.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

CONGRATS!

You will be so impressed with this car. Glad that luck rubbed off. You sure are lucky to own one of these things.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by cgt04115
CONGRATS!

You will be so impressed with this car. Glad that luck rubbed off. You sure are lucky to own one of these things.
I agree

Multiple cars are on the list - F50 F40 Dino 512 doubled and tripled.

Two have not - the Ford and CGT up 30%.

There are 700k - 800k CGT's if those sell you will see a whole new price range on CGT's.

All it will take are two guys at the same auction that want instant gratification.

I remember when the Dino popped at an auction - 200k over and it stuck.

This isn't a bubble - simple supply and demand and mileage will mean almost nothing.

Porsche has a chance to look like a hero and help these cars rise in value.

The Super car experience from Mclaren and Ferrari is priceless and very exclusive.

Tell a rich person what they can't have and they will do anything to get it.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:45 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree

Multiple cars are on the list - F50 F40 Dino 512 doubled and tripled.

Two have not - the Ford and CGT up 30%.

There are 700k - 800k CGT's if those sell you will see a whole new price range on CGT's.

All it will take are two guys at the same auction that want instant gratification.

I remember when the Dino popped at an auction - 200k over and it stuck.

This isn't a bubble - simple supply and demand and mileage will mean almost nothing.

Porsche has a chance to look like a hero and help these cars rise in value.

The Super car experience from Mclaren and Ferrari is priceless and very exclusive.

Tell a rich person what they can't have and they will do anything to get it.

Once you get a few of the other cars together in one place to view, it becomes apparent which car shines as the most spectacular. I walk by Enzos' F40 Veyrons ect when there is a CGT close by. Its not even close once you look closely at the fit and finish. All carbon everywhere. It is THE Porsche Masterpiece.

This is the pinnacle of road going machines without a doubt and we wont ever see anything like it again.

Somehow Porsche doesnt carry the Cache of the Rarri but I guarantee the CGT is better in every way shape and form than the others. Congrats and post some pics when it makes it to you.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:33 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by cgt04115
Once you get a few of the other cars together in one place to view, it becomes apparent which car shines as the most spectacular. I walk by Enzos' F40 Veyrons ect when there is a CGT close by. Its not even close once you look closely at the fit and finish. All carbon everywhere. It is THE Porsche Masterpiece.

This is the pinnacle of road going machines without a doubt and we wont ever see anything like it again.

Somehow Porsche doesnt carry the Cache of the Rarri but I guarantee the CGT is better in every way shape and form than the others. Congrats and post some pics when it makes it to you.
Watching every CGT video - not that I think of it - are you Tanner Foust?

Look forward to starting my own thread - may hook up the trailex and head to Chicago. Bonus would be to catch the Blues Blackhawks game Wed.

Wife is leaving for Germany - perfect for spending time with the new mistress.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 AM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

24k mile ebay 2005 CGT, $350k buy it now. Whats it worth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231205835683?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 04-22-2014, 07:24 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by jvmax
24k mile ebay 2005 CGT, $350k buy it now. Whats it worth?

Porsche Carrera GT Carrera GT | eBay
One owner - dealer shop performed 15k without the clutch.

They will get close to asking.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

One owner - dealer shop performed 15k without the clutch.

They will get close to asking.
this CGT looks great for 24k miles. How much does a 15k service cost and if it was an engine out was curious why they did not replace clutch?

Quick Reply: CGT Prices