Sponsored by:

The coolest looking CGT -- the Gemballa Mirage GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM
ky1e
Advanced

Received 102 Likes on 31 Posts
Default The coolest looking CGT -- the Gemballa Mirage GT

I love the CGT. The only downside is that it can look a tad dated being a 2004-05 car. I came across the Gemballa Mirage GT edition of the CGT and I think it looks awesome. It looks very exotic and IMO updastes it to looking like a current design/new car. To me the best of both eworklds-- anolog/race car in todays modern styling.

http://www.gemballa.com/CarVariante_7

They've reportedly only made 25 Gemballa Mirage GT CGT's and were ~$1MM. My question is does Gemballa sell just the outer body kit (roof spoiler/back body panel, ground effects, wing, wheels)? I would love to get a CGT and have those components added.

The update to the interior with the alcantera is nice as well. Anyone have any info on the Mirage GT and adding some of those components aftermarket?
Old 12-21-2013, 05:03 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle not to be rude but I'd cut my eyes out and feed them to my lizards rather than add that useless tat to a carrera gt . To answer your question gemballa change some bits and stick on some bits , none of them really do much except add weight .

Believe me it not worth your effort . The carrera gt is one of the greatest cars ever made , the last of its kind . Exult in it matey !
Old 12-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Plastique999
Banned

I mod all my cars....
The CGT is the only car I'd keep stock
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM
ky1e
Advanced

I am looking for a CGT to drive, to enjoy, not for an investment or to idolize. I like the like Gemella Mirage bits.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Originally Posted by ky1e
I am looking for a CGT to drive, to enjoy, not for an investment or to idolize. I like the like Gemella Mirage bits.
We all drive our cars mate ( I've done 30000 miles in 2 now ) , I just don't understand how weighing my carrera gt down with multitudes of useless plastic addendum and butchering the interior ( while being charged several hundred thousand dollars for the privilege ) , will improve the driving experience in any way.

However each to their own , good luck whatever you decide .
Old 12-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best things about the CGT is that you can remove the roof panels. The Gemballa takes away from that. If you really want to "special edition" your car, look at edo competition which until you put a much larger tail fin (which becomes a rare function versus form debate for the CGT since the current fin looks so cool), keeps the same look… Never been attracted to Gemballa for the CGT at all.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:05 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by ky1e
It looks very exotic and IMO updastes it to looking like a current design/new car.
Yuck - that burns my eyes But hey, I'm happy for you if you like it.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
ky1e
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stephen Pitts
One of the best things about the CGT is that you can remove the roof panels. The Gemballa takes away from that. If you really want to "special edition" your car, look at edo competition which until you put a much larger tail fin (which becomes a rare function versus form debate for the CGT since the current fin looks so cool), keeps the same look… Never been attracted to Gemballa for the CGT at all.
Hmmmm...
Name:  gemballa with out roof.jpg
Views: 3014
Size:  164.5 KB
Old 12-22-2013, 01:58 PM
ky1e
Advanced

I tried contacting gemballa to get an answer but they are closed for the holidays.
What I need to do is buy one first and enjoy it as is. Then look into updating the it to my liking if needed. Preference is for a silver on black CGT for mid $300's. I'll probably put 3000-5000 miles a year on it so an ultra low mileage car isn't necessary. Maybe once I have it I wouldn't modify it (other than front lifter to get in my driveway and straight pipes).
Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 PM
ky1e
Advanced

Originally Posted by wtdoom
We all drive our cars mate ( I've done 30000 miles in 2 now ) , I just don't understand how weighing my carrera gt down with multitudes of useless plastic addendum and butchering the interior ( while being charged several hundred thousand dollars for the privilege ) , will improve the driving experience in any way.

However each to their own , good luck whatever you decide .
You clearly drive your car, which is awesome. I tip my hat to you for enjoying the car and trust your judgement more than others as you are an owner that has serious wheel time. You however are in the very rare minority. In fact there are more people who have climbed mount everest or swam the English channel than had your wheel time. My neighbor who has one has under 2000 miles on his since 2005. Given most CGT's have less than 10,000 miles in 10 years, they are not driven much.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:29 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 29 Posts

Swimming the English Channel? Sounds a piece a cake....
Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Stand corrected, ky1e. I thought they put an air flow tube on top and didn't realise you could still remove it. Anyhow, this red one doesn't look bad at all… (We'll, I also think all CGTs look better with the top off, but anyhow -- good luck!)
Old 12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
themarsman
Racer

I have put 10K miles on mine since new, I would love to drive it more but Michigan roads and weather limit my time in the car.

The red one in the picture looks way too low for a road going car and I think would get destroyed on most road that I drive on.

I think the design the CGT is timeless and each time I take it out and someone asks me about the car, they can't believe it is a 10 year old car.

If you really want t Gemballa car, I would look at a used one because in my opinion it would probably hurt the resale value and therefore someone else would take the loss.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:04 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

The coolest looking CGT -- the Gemballa Mirage GT
Uwe got to be bloody kidding me..

Are they really still open and allowed to destroy one of the finest cars ever made?
Old 12-22-2013, 10:08 PM
ky1e
Advanced

If you guys hate the gemballa exterior you'll really hate the interiors. Check these out...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: The coolest looking CGT -- the Gemballa Mirage GT