Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Who's at fault?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Yes. But....

Clearly not what happened hear. And, rookie drivers should refrain from "quickly calculating" which is what happened here. He quickly miscalculated his closing speed and rubbed a little paint in doing so.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

For those of us who have raced a lot, this is a common situation - coming up on a slower car and deciding what to do.

And speaking for myself, although my guess is most others agree, if I do not know the driving habits of the car that I want to pass, and I believe the driver is disproportionately slow, I figure the driver does not know what he is doing and cannot be trusted. And that is the difference race experience brings.

I get that the 944 should have seen you. But what if he didn't. And now you know the answer to that.

In a perfect world, I would be faster than Savenor and Scotto....and Katz

Last edited by bauerjab; 07-26-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:22 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feels like this horse is plenty dead and beaten so will attempt to add some closure and levity.

Sometimes 13-13 affects very good and clean drivers who catch bad breaks within 12 months - like my friends Dunn and Quigley... which was ashamed. But the rules are there to protect all the other drivers/cars (and yourself) from the Kogay's of the world and I've been on the track with these types (trust me... recently). If you're not familiar with what crazy looks like on a track.. watch this video for a laugh:

I look forward to seeing you on a racetrack with PCA in the future and learning from this. Until that time - my friend's who got 13-13s went WRL and AER racing where nothing is attempted that's questionable because it's a LONG race - that helps work through the patience side of racing.

Peace out.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:23 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 808 Posts

Wow! It seems like the RL detectives are revealing more skeletons. No wonder the poll fault ratio has escalated as more and more are getting the other side of the story.

Makes one wonder how he got approved for PCA CR in the first place and if a "rubbing allowed" event organization would be a better place for him.

I sure hope that he won't continue with this attitude in the upper DE groups while he figures out his path forward during his CR vacation.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by FeuerRacing
Feels like this horse is plenty dead and beaten so will attempt to add some closure and levity.

Sometimes 13-13 affects very good and clean drivers who catch bad breaks within 12 months - like my friends Dunn and Quigley... which was ashamed. But the rules are there to protect all the other drivers/cars (and yourself) from the Kogay's of the world and I've been on the track with these types (trust me... recently). If you're not familiar with what crazy looks like on a track.. watch this video for a laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HSpx3aBq8

I look forward to seeing you on a racetrack with PCA in the future and learning from this. Until that time - my friend's who got 13-13s went WRL and AER racing where nothing is attempted that's questionable because it's a LONG race - that helps work through the patience side of racing.

Peace out.
Kogay is always good for a laugh, at least we never got to Flat Out.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I just heard back from Vegas, the over/under is set at 12.5 pages.
OMG good call.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by 987part
I have a pending date with one of the blonde girl
I'm petitioning Trump to build a wall with Canada to keep them in!

Originally Posted by FeuerRacing

That's actually me playing Forza late at night while drinking lots of bourbon!

Originally Posted by cmac
Sorry to see this happen. As others has said, much respect for putting this out there...

I remember at LRP you had some strong opinions on passing rules during the rookie orientation class and even tried to have a short debate with the steward who was presenting about just this sort of pass...

Having just gone through the SCCA rookie school at that time myself, I couldn't help thinking how much more side-by-side the whole thing was and reflected on it while you were trying to make your points. I can understand your perspective--and I'm by no means saying it's not a valid one--there are certainly sanctioning bodies with contact rules that align more with your philosophy. However, in PCA: the car in front has the corner. Period. If they begin a turn-in and you're not ahead of them you hold back. Try again at the next opportunity. Frustrating sometimes, but pretty simple.

All that said, if you come back to PCA I hope you remember it's much more important to bring our cars home without damage than it is to win a club race. They're expensive cars and even seemingly minor damage can really hurt.
Just to be clear when I went through rookie school at Sebring in 2015 they said no one owns the corner. There is, however, more of an onus on the passing car to make a clean pass, but if the car ahead owned every corner we could not have many passes.

I also had a guy debating the steward in my orientation class. He said he was national champion in Jamaica back in the 70s. Do they even have race tracks in Jamaica?
Old 07-26-2017, 05:39 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

thats a tough one. slow car should have seen that coming, but fast car might have made sure he wasn't going to "not see him " and drive his school line.
in those cases you better be prepared to make the pass in the dirt, or go off line and under him. always the approaching cars responsibility .
Old 07-26-2017, 05:44 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

12 pages for a thread to be Kiborted - new record?
Old 07-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark- took you along time !! Krypton - Dangerous down low- that's why all the tires are there. Does MMC charge you for new sod if you go off ? I miss MMC. There was nowhere for the 944 to go. Track vanishes down there

Last edited by Gofishracing; 07-26-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Lol!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

OSB
Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

This one had some torque off the line but it took a while for the HP to kick in.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:40 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm just now watching the video.

duh - Orange car. No questions asked. Passing on the outside of a sweeper?? I'm amazed this has evolved into 12 pages.

Exception: I passed Distefano there, but he was exceptionally slow.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Well I'm just now watching the video.

duh - Orange car. No questions asked. Passing on the outside of a sweeper?? I'm amazed this has evolved into 12 pages.

Exception: I passed Distefano there, but he was exceptionally slow
Bwahahaha! Post of the thread!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Who's at fault?