Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of Club Race Awards - My Flame Suit Is On!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Quinlan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Ha, indeed. Imagine spending that much and not having any trophies
Ahem...
As a card carrying member of the E Class peleton I resemble that remark.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:40 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I attended my local region's awards banquet this past January. I don't believe it was advertised as such, but that's what it turned out to be. Autocross awards. They called out the winners, brought them up on the stage, then handed out small trophies to applause from the sizable crowd. It felt like half of the folks in attendance were awarded a trophy. I sat there in agony. Where were the trophies for the Club racers?!?! Needless to say, it left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
When we used to run our club race at Carolina Motorsports Park, we had pretty nice glass trophies, many years ago. We even got "reprimanded" by the National Race staff for them...lol.. but we did them anyway.

We had a trophy sponsor (thank you Autometrics!) who, like us, believed that a nice momento of a job well done was worth it. Some racers even told us that they race our race specifically because we had cool trophies. Whether that was true or not, don't know, but we insisted on having them.
Your trophies were Awesome. It's bigger than my National Championship PCA trophy.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

These are nice. Handed out at every club race
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2017, 07:01 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I just tossed out into the garbage, all of my "trophies " . A sad waste of trees and plastic. I kept the pictures and put them in an album. the pile was about 2 feet high. so much room in my office now for kid pictures!
I guess I'm just not a participation trophy guy, even for the win or the league championship. Seems they are a dime a dozen. Got them in high school and thought, who cares its just high school not the NFL. Kinda feels the same now, its PCA not IMSA. Sebring 12 Hour, I'd keep that one. lol

Way better than a trophy, I made the cover of PCA magazine (in SECOND place), and 5 other pictures in the magaizine.
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2017, 09:42 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 617 Likes on 302 Posts

I have always thought PCA National should support and maintain a design of a "medal" that can be made available to the hosting regions National could contract with 1 vendor to get a good discount then Regions order from that vendor. If medal details were limited to PCA Racing Logo and 1st-2nd-3rd place these medals could be used in following years so no medal or budget waste add a Region specific lanyard to identify race and location.
Just a thought
Rich
Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I just tossed out into the garbage, all of my "trophies " . A sad waste of trees and plastic. I kept the pictures and put them in an album. the pile was about 2 feet high. so much room in my office now for kid pictures!

wait what? 2 feet high? no way I call BS

Quick Reply: Lack of Club Race Awards - My Flame Suit Is On!