PCA Vintage Run Group at Laguna Seca July 18-21

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
jpmcclelland
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default PCA Vintage Run Group at Laguna Seca July 18-21

UPDATE from the West Coast -

Previously we posted that the PCA Golden Gate Region is hosting a four-day, 103 dB club race weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway July 18-21. By virtue of the evidence of interest of many, and support of PCA Club Racing, GGR WILL include a dedicated Vintage run group at this event. Registration for the club race event opens on June 3.

Thursday, July 18: Test & Tune (as part of advanced drivers only DE, under PCA DE rules). Registration is open now for the DE on MotorsportReg: https://www.motorsportreg.com/…/pca-ggr-de-5-weathertech-ra…)
Friday, July 19: Sprint races and advanced DE group
Saturday, July 20: Sprint races and advanced DE group
Sunday, July 21: Enduros (sprints for Vintage) and advanced DE group

Draft format of the weekend is targeted to have four race groups (three enduro groups on Sunday) and one advanced DE group.

Laguna Seca limits run groups for this event to 45 cars.

Feel free to contact me at mcclelland.ggr@gmail.com with any questions.

Thank you.

Jim McClelland
GGR Track Chair
Old 04-06-2019, 07:55 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Great news. Thank you for all your efforts to make this happen. Hopefully the first of many West Coast PCA Vintage Group race weekends.

Everyone - please spread the word about this event. Let’s have a sellout and great racing.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

will the porsche 928 be added to the vintage group?

Originally Posted by jpmcclelland
UPDATE from the West Coast -

Previously we posted that the PCA Golden Gate Region is hosting a four-day, 103 dB club race weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway July 18-21. By virtue of the evidence of interest of many, and support of PCA Club Racing, GGR WILL include a dedicated Vintage run group at this event. Registration for the club race event opens on June 3.

Thursday, July 18: Test & Tune (as part of advanced drivers only DE, under PCA DE rules). Registration is open now for the DE on MotorsportReg: https://www.motorsportreg.com/…/pca-ggr-de-5-weathertech-ra…)
Friday, July 19: Sprint races and advanced DE group
Saturday, July 20: Sprint races and advanced DE group
Sunday, July 21: Enduros (sprints for Vintage) and advanced DE group

Draft format of the weekend is targeted to have four race groups (three enduro groups on Sunday) and one advanced DE group.

Laguna Seca limits run groups for this event to 45 cars.

Feel free to contact me at mcclelland.ggr@gmail.com with any questions.

Thank you.

Jim McClelland
GGR Track Chair
Old 04-10-2019, 04:24 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Mark - no plans to my knowledge. Most changes start with a member making a proposal and helping folks understand the needs and wants of the members and helping explain the benefits to the club overall.

For questions, clarification on eligibility and suggestions for improving the PCA Vintage Group Racing Program please contact Fred Pfeiffer, PCA Vintage Coordinator, using the form on the following web page: https://pcaclubracing.org/vintage/

The program is in the early stages and is evolving so as to be viable long term and to best meet the needs and wants of the PCA members while being additive to the overall PCA Club Racing Program.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its time to get my 911 back out!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:40 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chad it looks like we might have to continue our outing at Coronado Festival of Speed. (Viper green RSR) I originally planned on taking out the cup but if your showing up we could have a go at it again!
Old 04-11-2019, 10:10 AM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

That’s a big part of the objective of the PCA Vintage Group Racing Series - getting some of the “retired” race cars back out on the track for the owners to enjoy.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Chad it looks like we might have to continue our outing at Coronado Festival of Speed. (Viper green RSR) I originally planned on taking out the cup but if your showing up we could have a go at it again!
That was fun. That was also the last time I raced it. I'm really looking at going if they accept my NASA licences easily. My PCA license expired like 6 years ago. I don't remember if my car can make the 103 DB limit though. \

I have since took off the ducktail to go back to the original ST look.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:28 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Two incentives to increase participation:

● A Competition licensed driver, in good standing in another recognized racing organization, may apply as a PCA Club Racing License Applicant. The license fee for the 2019 Club Race season is $125. However, assuming that all of the PCA Club Racing License requirements are met, including a current PCA Membership and current Medical Evaluation, the license fee will be $50 for the 2019 Vintage Racing Season. Other restrictions may apply.

● We are asking all PCA Club Racers to help us increase membership to PCA Club Racing with this special incentive through June – get a friend, who is new to PCA Club Racing, to join the program and your 2020 registration fee will be waived. To receive the free renewal, the friend must meet the requirements to be approved as a license candidate, they must register and compete in at least one (1) 2019 PCA Club Race. This will help the regions as well as car count. Other restrictions may apply.

PCA Club Racing Licensing info can be found here: https://pcaclubracing.org/licensing/

After downloading the forms and reading the procedures, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Susan Shire, PCA Club Racing License & Program Coordinator (https://pcaclubracing.org/contacts/)

A couple excerpts from various web pages and documents that may be of interest.

The PCA Club Racing License application will provide for two routes to obtaining a PCA Club Racing License:

Via an existing, current full-competition license with current experience from a recognized road-racing sanctioning organization, including NASA, SCCA, POC, IMSA, USCR, BMWCCA or equivalent sanctioning body (no time trial), or any vintage group which is a member of the Vintage Motorsport Council.

Or, the member must meet the race-track driving-experience requirements as defined in the licensing procedures in the Club Racing Rule Book and successfully complete the PCA Club Racing School which occurs the first day of every club race weekend.

A current physical exam certification is required.

Note on the Medical Form: Similar forms from other recognized organizations and agencies may be acceptable, however the applicant will be held accountable to the rules, laws, and other parameters, as set forth by PCA Club Racing.

Last edited by M_Weining; 04-12-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 04-12-2019, 04:10 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks ill investigate...… I think the 1987 928 should qualify based on the goals of the club and the restricted group, don't you ?

Originally Posted by M_Weining
Mark - no plans to my knowledge. Most changes start with a member making a proposal and helping folks understand the needs and wants of the members and helping explain the benefits to the club overall.

For questions, clarification on eligibility and suggestions for improving the PCA Vintage Group Racing Program please contact Fred Pfeiffer, PCA Vintage Coordinator, using the form on the following web page: https://pcaclubracing.org/vintage/

The program is in the early stages and is evolving so as to be viable long term and to best meet the needs and wants of the PCA members while being additive to the overall PCA Club Racing Program.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:48 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Mark K - I don't know enough about the 928 to say.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:02 PM
trygve
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Thanks ill investigate...… I think the 1987 928 should qualify based on the goals of the club and the restricted group, don't you ?
At https://pcaclubracing.org/vintage/ the very first rule would seem to eliminate water pumpers in all caps:

--- begin quote ---
Eligibility: 1983 and older AIR-COOLED Porsches
--- end quote ---
Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM
911ted
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Frank Ganz from Component Motorsports Newport Beach CA spoke at the Orange Coast Region breakfast club to promote this years racing series. His hope was to have a west an east coast series next year, IF this year did Okay.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911ted
Frank Ganz from Component Motorsports Newport Beach CA spoke at the Orange Coast Region breakfast club to promote this years racing series. His hope was to have a west an east coast series next year, IF this year did Okay.
The Entry fees are keeping me away.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:11 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Just so there is no confusion, the above two posts (also shown below) are about a completely different series then the topic of this thread (PCA Vintage Run Group at Laguna Seca July 18-21).

Originally Posted by 911ted
Originally Posted by Plavan
The Entry fees are keeping me away.
Link to Series they are talking about: http://www.competentmotorsport.com/i...ir-cooled-cup/

It would probably be best if any further discussion about that series be in a new thread.

Quick Reply: PCA Vintage Run Group at Laguna Seca July 18-21