Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 02:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,613 Posts
Default First Annual Spencer *** Memorial Track Day at Monticello Motor Club

Friends of Spencer,

Spencer *** spent his life helping others, and you likely have your own story about his generosity. While most of us know him as a racecar driver, CVR’s Chief Instructor, a Porsche wizard, or merely as a friend, he was, most importantly, a devoted husband and father.

It’s now our turn to help.

On April 14, 2020, Monticello Motor Club (MMC) will host the First Annual Spencer *** Memorial Track Day. We ask that you give generously to help lighten Spencer’s family medical bills and other financial burdens caused by his untimely passing. We suggest minimum donations of $400/driver and $100/non-driver. Please consider donating even if you cannot attend this event. People who donate at least $100 will receive a Spencer *** Memorial Track Day t-shirt.

The First Annual Spencer *** Memorial Track Day was an idea discussed between Ari Straus and Spencer just weeks before his passing. This charity event will be open to MMC members and non-members. Thanks to the generosity of MMC and its owners, Paul Queally and Ari, 100% of all proceeds donated will go directly to Spencer’s family.

Monticello Motor Club has generously donated April 14, 2020 as the First Annual Spencer *** Memorial Track Day at Monticello Motor Club, and 100% of all proceeds donated will go to Spencer’s family.

A GoFundMe page has been created in order to handle the registration payments, as well as donations from people who only wish to donate and not attend the event.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/spencer-c...ack-day-at-mmc

Once you have made a donation please use the club registration page to register to drive - https://clubregistration.net/events/...fm/event/10376

In order to maximize the amount of money raised for Spencer’s family we are using Clubregistration.net to register drivers (and their guest) for this event, and GoFundMe for the payment. It is a two-step process.

The number of drivers will be limited to 100 and MMC would like to limit non-driver guests to one per driver.

Spencer was taken from his family too soon and this event, generously donated by MMC, will help to ease the financial burden on Spencer’s family.

If you have any questions about this event please contact Todd Pajonas at todd@luigivampamotorsports.com.

Many thanks,

Todd

The following 6 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Beantown Kman (12-09-2019), bsztanko (12-10-2019), KevinGross (09-28-2020), marcus1249 (12-09-2019), mlct (12-09-2019), ProCoach (12-09-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-09-2019, 04:40 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

Thank you for setting this up, Todd, looking forward to it.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

thank you this is fantastic luigi. the attendance and outpouring at his service this past weekend was astounding and huge tribute to how many lives he touched, including mine. in addition . i have never seen a more clean and orderly workshop than SSI... unbelievable!!
Old 12-10-2019, 11:31 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by analogmike
Thank you for setting this up, Todd, looking forward to it.
Originally Posted by Geneman
thank you this is fantastic luigi. the attendance and outpouring at his service this past weekend was astounding and huge tribute to how many lives he touched, including mine. in addition . i have never seen a more clean and orderly workshop than SSI... unbelievable!!
All thanks really goes the Monticello for coming up with the idea for this event. I agreed to help with the registration and wrangle some drivers to attend the event.

Spencer was a great guy and a great friend so I am hoping that we can continue to show him and his family some support with this event.

To be clear, it is open to non-members of MMC.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:39 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I'll try to make it. If not, I will donate. I didn't know Spencer, but it seems he touched many in a lot of ways.

Count me in. Great job Luigi.

Supported...
The following users liked this post:
Meatball964 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 12:08 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

If my car is ready, count me in! Hopefully, Mother Nature is generous, too! The turn out for Spencer's funeral was amazing. The church was packed and Speedsport put on a beautiful, relaxed memorial for all of those people whose lives were touched by Spencer. It was a gift to have known him.........simple a great man, friend and Porsche colleague. He will be missed. I think the MMC event is a fantastic tribute. Thank you Ari, Paul an d Todd!
See you in the Spring!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea and cause. Strongly considering. Would be coming a long way. Is there any change this would become a 2 day event?
Old 12-13-2019, 07:41 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Hope it’s a sellout every year👍👍
Old 12-13-2019, 08:07 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rceron
Great idea and cause. Strongly considering. Would be coming a long way. Is there any change this would become a 2 day event?
It's a huge give by MMC to do the one day so two days is probably not in the cards. The fact that they want to make this an annual event is huge.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

I can't be there but will contribute
Old 12-13-2019, 11:25 PM
marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

I’m supposed to be in FL on that date but trying to rearrange so I can attend, either way I’ll donate for a great cause and will absolutely be in for the “second annual” event
Old 12-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 145 Posts

Great cause all signed up
Old 01-13-2020, 03:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I want to thank every who has donated and registered for Spencer's event! So far it has been a great success and there is still room for more drivers.

In order to raise the most money for Spencer's family the registration process is a two part process:

1. A donation on GoFundMe -
https://www.gofundme.com/f/spencer-c...ack-day-at-mmc
2. Registration using the link to Clubregsitration.net - https://clubregistration.net/events/...fm/event/10376

I want to remind everyone that if you only donated, and did not sign up using Club Registration, you are NOT yet registered for the track day.

If you are considering coming to the event and looking for lodging you should try
https://rwcatskills.com/ which is a 10 minutue drive to the track. If you book in advance you will get an awesome room for around $120 - $150.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me by PM.

Thank you again and thanks for continuing to support this great event!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:30 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,883 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Can't make it to the track event, but he's in my heart, and in my ear! Donated.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following users liked this post:
LuigiVampa (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 10:06 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Todd, any thoughts on making the logo from your initial post into a sticker about 7" in diameter? Im sure the whole paddock would kick down a $20 or so for one! Would be a great addition to every car.

Quick Reply: First Annual Spencer Cox Memorial Track Day at Monticello Motor Club