Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts

Veloce raptor is on a mission 😁
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Stop it already. This is not the time for this.

Hell, just a few days ago I was ready to ignore everything and go to VIR this weekend. How dumb was I to even think I was gonna be ok, or that I wasn't going to hurt other people? I am ashamed of myself for even thinking about putting my own needs and desires to be on a racetrack ahead of what this world is now going through. This is not the time for blame. This is the time to unite. It will take the entire country (and world) to fix this, or at the very least, get close to the other side of this. We will, but is the blame game really the right game to play right now? I say NO!!

Things are changing, and they are changing every hour. We really need to pull together and try to get this under control.

There will be plenty of time for the blame game later. Trust me, there will be, but we need to come out the other side of this as quickly as possible. Playing the blame game now will not accomplish that. It will hinder it.

Let's do what we're told and try to get through this as ONE country. Enough with the blame game crap. Just not the time for that.

Please........
Amen brother!!!
The following users liked this post:
911therapy (03-18-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 09:06 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,383 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Do some people in this thread need to be disciplined!

Old 03-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,437 Likes on 769 Posts

Oh my
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa

The beatings will continue (hopefully) until moral improves!!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,383 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
The moral will improve as the beatings continue!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa

Ooh Ooh pick me pick me...

Old 03-17-2020, 09:38 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Here's one approach:

Due to current health concerns related to the Coronavirus, the Driver Education event at Lime Rock April 15-16 will be an Advanced/Solo Drivers Only event (Red, Black, White groups. Blue drivers in the NNJR scheme will be considered on a case-by-case basis). We based this decision on the close confines of a car with an instructor and a driver would not maintain the guidelines for social separation recommended by the CDC. For those who normally have an instructor in the car with you, we will cancel your MotorsportReg.com registration for you. No credit cards have been charged. There will be no penalties charged. If you used event credits to register, those will be restored to your account. No need to do anything on your part.

We are still looking to have classroom training, but this will be done by webinar prior to the event. The plan is to do the Driver Meeting beforehand via the web. To reduce the person to person contact at Registration, you will be sent a Sign-In and Waiver Form to be brought with you in addition to the usual Tech Inspection form. We are still working out some details, so thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!

We are also still working on the Lighting event (April 25-26). NJMP issued an announcement that they are closed until further notice. At this point we do not know if they will be open by the date of our event. This event is planned as a regular instructed DE, as well as including the Intro to DE and the National Instructor Training components. Please watch for updates on this event.

This is a very fluid situation. A dramatic increase in virus cases, a state or federal mandate, or a medical breakthrough could change everything. Our motto is Safe, Serious, Fun and we are taking steps to live up to that- on and off track.

If you have any event questions, please contact me at trackchair@nnjr-pca.com For registration questions please contact Craig at trackregistrar@nnjr-pca.com

Thom Calabro
NNJR Track Chair

https://nnjr-pca.motorsportreg.com/
Old 03-17-2020, 09:40 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Good Christ.......
Old 03-17-2020, 09:48 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
Didn't see it posted yet, but I have on good authority that the Road Atlanta race will be cancelled...
Yes, canceled.

P.S.: Hoping for a beating.

Last edited by richard glickel; 03-17-2020 at 09:50 PM. Reason: None
Old 03-17-2020, 10:08 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Trump said it was a hoax. What part you don't get. That delayed USA response. You backing that? Lol
Dude stop!
Old 03-17-2020, 10:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

It’s a sad day on this forum when the OT is doing a better job of discussing this without politics than we are here.

All y’all STFU
Old 03-18-2020, 12:27 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,893 Likes on 2,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
This is the new model out of the UK that changed the sense of urgency in the white house and created the new restrictions (it was mentioned in the press conference yesterday). It's not pretty

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

It's a safe link

This is where POTUS got his August answer to the question when will we be through this. Also, note the unconstranined model in the US results in 2.2 million deaths.
Critique of that paper argues that the conclusion is wrong about immediate lockdown not being effective in preventing future resurgence of the spread:

https://necsi.edu/review-of-ferguson...-interventions

I really hope the policy decisions aren't being made based on fundamentally flawed models. The stakes are incredibly high.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:17 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Critique of that paper argues that the conclusion is wrong about immediate lockdown not being effective in preventing future resurgence of the spread:

https://necsi.edu/review-of-ferguson...-interventions

I really hope the policy decisions aren't being made based on fundamentally flawed models. The stakes are incredibly high.
From what I've read, 150M would be infected in the US without any mitigation activity. This would result in about 2M deaths.
On Tucker Carlson tonight, he interviewed a Johns Hopkins doctor who stated that current studies gathered from data supplied primarily from China and South Korea, that nearly 80% of those infected by covid-19 are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. Unfortunately even asymptomatic people, those primarily under 30 years of age, are still carriers and able to spread the disease. Covid-19 is especially deleterious to the elderly with pre-existing conditions, and also to those with immune compromised systems regardless of age.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:00 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts

Veloce raptor is just saying his piece. I'm saying my piece. He offered no solution to this pandemic. Nada

Quick Reply: Impact of Corona Virus on Driving Events