Sponsored by:

Track Event Cancellation Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 11:20 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by T&T Racing
Probably so. Watkins Glen is situated in Schuyler County which to date has 30 confirmed COVID19 cases and 0 deaths.
And as it relates to the new litmus test of when counties can open for certain activities/buiseness, they have no new positive test results. Which is good for them and us.

This NY.gov site tracks every county daily.
https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov...r=no&%3Atabs=n
Old 05-04-2020, 11:31 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
If the track is open, they will come
Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
That's why it's doubtful that the track will open.
I was driving in Litchfield County, CT this past weekend and at two places I stopped there were signs saying that if you are from NYC, or any other Covid-19 hotspot, you are not allowed to enter the building.

I think regions that have low instances of Covid-19 will not want to promote people from outside the region to come in.

I'm certain, as others have suggested, that WGI is merely waiting to officially hear that they cannot reopen once NYS "reopens" starting May 15.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:47 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

The one data point I can offer is that there is a Trackmaster event May 18/19. I have a client signed up for it and communication with them the end of last week confirmed the event was still on. I personally wonder if that’s the case, but am hopeful for my client.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:45 AM
atafro888
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

NNJR NJMP Thunderbolt DE that was scheduled for May 29-30, cancelled. Damn this sucks
Old 05-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Cuomo's phased plan for NY state can be found here:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/new-york...ening-new-york

once the CDC guidelines are met (which Schuyler county does), then business can reopen in 3 phases (in coordination with the state and nearby counties). Looks like tracks would fall into phase 3, maybe? It's not exactly clear what the timing is between the phases.

The other thing that might trip counties up is the requirement for testing and tracing. I'm guessing the tracing part will be difficult for small counties
Old 05-05-2020, 09:15 AM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Cuomo's phased plan for NY state can be found here:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/new-york...ening-new-york

once the CDC guidelines are met (which Schuyler county does), then business can reopen in 3 phases (in coordination with the state and nearby counties). Looks like tracks would fall into phase 3, maybe? It's not exactly clear what the timing is between the phases.

The other thing that might trip counties up is the requirement for testing and tracing. I'm guessing the tracing part will be difficult for small counties
NYS Guidelines have divided the State into 10 regions, Schuyler being part if the Southern Tier. The guidelines link does not stipulate how a region can progress thru each phase by meeting certain criteria. Probably less 50/50 chance WGI is open May if Regional coordinator is concerned about people from hot spots coming into a non hot spot such as the Southern Tier region.

Last edited by T&T Racing; 05-05-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:32 AM
tneocli
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by T&T Racing
NYS Guidelines have divided the State into 10 regions, Schuyler being part if the Southern Tier. So the region must meet the criteria and yes, recreation is in Phase 4 unless WGI can lobby itself into higher opening phase. The guidelines link from previous post does not stipulate how a region can progress thru each phase by meeting certain criteria. Probably less than 50/50 chance WGI is open in May/June without a miracle intervention
oh so golf is not recreational?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:47 AM
vwmurph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was posted on April 26th regarding NY plan to reopen and says
  • There will be two weeks in between each phase to monitor the effects of the re-opening and ensure hospitalization and infection rates are not increasing.
It also says
  • The region must not open attractions or businesses that would draw a large number of visitors from outside the local area.
Reading that I have to think that even if Schuyler county moves thru the phases without any delays, it would still be at least 6 weeks before they could reach Phase 3 which allows Hotels and Restaurants to reopen. Without Hotels, it's going to be hard to run a Club Race

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/ami...-york-starting

Old 05-05-2020, 09:47 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I do hope that all you racers get a chance to go out and "play." My. 02, I think the 90 day PPE requirement, on hand, at Schyler County Hospital will be a difficult metric to achieve.......fingers crossed for all of you!
Old 05-05-2020, 10:00 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Some "good"(?) news in a thread full of really bad news. You Floridians ready?

Got this email from Denise at Suncoast PCA yesterday:

Sebring International Raceway management has notified us that we can return to the track on May 23 & 24! This is great news! We will hold the event with three run groups - White, Black and Pink (no students). Registration fees remain the same, so lots of track time for a reasonable price.

We owe a big thank you to Sebring management. This will be their first weekend open and they are willing to work with us on the new entry processes. If you have already registered for the May 16 & 17 event, registrations have been transferred. If you can't make the new date, just cancel in ClubReg and if you've already paid, you will receive a full refund.

Please encourage your friends to join us! It's time to get back to the track! This will be a closed event, no spectators.

Hope this goes off as planned and you guys and gals get the much needed track time we are all so desperately hoping for. Good luck Suncoast, and good luck Sebring. Hope you can both pull it off.

The following users liked this post:
jsabatini (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 11:03 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Some "good"(?) news in a thread full of really bad news. You Floridians ready?

Got this email from Denise at Suncoast PCA yesterday:

Sebring International Raceway management has notified us that we can return to the track on May 23 & 24! This is great news! We will hold the event with three run groups - White, Black and Pink (no students). Registration fees remain the same, so lots of track time for a reasonable price.

We owe a big thank you to Sebring management. This will be their first weekend open and they are willing to work with us on the new entry processes. If you have already registered for the May 16 & 17 event, registrations have been transferred. If you can't make the new date, just cancel in ClubReg and if you've already paid, you will receive a full refund.

Please encourage your friends to join us! It's time to get back to the track! This will be a closed event, no spectators.

Hope this goes off as planned and you guys and gals get the much needed track time we are all so desperately hoping for. Good luck Suncoast, and good luck Sebring. Hope you can both pull it off.
Signed up and just ordered GiroDiscs from Clark at Apex for the weekend.
The following users liked this post:
dgrobs (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 11:15 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by jsabatini
Signed up and just ordered GiroDiscs from Clark at Apex for the weekend.
Were you at the 3 day March Suncoast DE?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:33 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by vwmurph
This was posted on April 26th regarding NY plan to reopen and says
  • There will be two weeks in between each phase to monitor the effects of the re-opening and ensure hospitalization and infection rates are not increasing.
It also says
  • The region must not open attractions or businesses that would draw a large number of visitors from outside the local area.
Reading that I have to think that even if Schuyler county moves thru the phases without any delays, it would still be at least 6 weeks before they could reach Phase 3 which allows Hotels and Restaurants to reopen. Without Hotels, it's going to be hard to run a Club Race

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/ami...-york-starting
And this is why the PCA race at WGI will be canceled.
The following 3 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Paul Solk (05-05-2020), T&T Racing (05-05-2020), vwmurph (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 11:51 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

I was surprised the Chicago PCA event at Road America got canceled over Memorial Day weekend as the track is open. In fact another club took that weekend when PCA bowed out.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:52 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Were you at the 3 day March Suncoast DE?
Sorry I missed it, was looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Hopefully they will do it again next year.

Quick Reply: Track Event Cancellation Information