Sponsored by:

Track Event Cancellation Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 02:07 PM
ruth
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Track Event Cancellation Information

Would it be unreasonable to have a thread with listings of event cancellations without having to wade through all the opinions and name calling?
Old 03-17-2020, 02:24 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Good idea. NCM Champcar race for next weekend just cancelled by NCM and KY gov't.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:30 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Audi Club Northwest DE event at The Ridge, Shelton, WA on Sunday March 29th = Cancelled. (In addition to the Instructor training the day prior.)
Old 03-17-2020, 03:02 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Is there anything that was supposed to take place over the next 2 weeks that hasn't been cancelled yet?

Might be a much shorter list and easier to "wade" through if we list the ones that HAVE NOT been cancelled yet.

Just a thought...
Old 03-17-2020, 03:28 PM
ruth
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Good thought. Separate thread maybe?
Old 03-17-2020, 04:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,883 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Is there anything that was supposed to take place over the next 2 weeks that hasn't been cancelled yet?

Might be a much shorter list and easier to "wade" through if we list the ones that HAVE NOT been cancelled yet.

Just a thought...
^^THIS^^
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-17-2020, 07:58 PM
bldn10
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

NOLA and Road Atlanta Club Racing and D.E. - kaput.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

The NCM event was cancelled today, was to start on Friday. Hard to assume everything is cancelled at this point. Attitudes are changing quickly (see the Orange Man)
I'm signed up for many events between now and June, none cancelled yet, but assume they will be. It would be nice to get confirmation.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:21 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,359 Likes on 1,613 Posts

I don't want to be holier-than-tho but I think it is unreasonable to not give people a little room to air their feelings right now. Sure the other thread got a little heated here and there but nothing out of line has been said.

The paddock is filled with A-type men and women who have strong beliefs and strong opinions so I'm surprised anyone feels the need for a "safe space thread." I've drank beers with people while we were still bleeding from a fight we just had, and cursed out a competitor during a race only to give him a hug afterwards (only if I won!)

Civility would be nice but lets not deny that we all have a lot on our minds.

PS - Bourbon helps in times like this.
The following users liked this post:
BF951 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 11:34 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

This is obviously a very dynamic situation. I reached out to Dave Peters at https://hpdejunkie.com to see if they can put together a way to update event changes as they occur. For those of you who haven't been to their website, it is a one stop shop for nearly every HPDE/track day at tracks in the US and Canada and a very comprehensive listing of event operators. Hopefully Dave and his team can find a way to build this in quickly.

Based on information I received today from COTA, they will be impacted by new restrictions announced earlier today. The new restrictions limits events to 10 or fewer people and are stated to be in place until May 1st. They expect to provide us more information in early April on whether we will be impacted at our late May event.

https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/de...03.17.2020.pdf

Last edited by Texas RS; 03-18-2020 at 12:05 AM.
conceptDawg (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 10:39 AM
anthony42hat
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I don't want to be holier-than-tho but I think it is unreasonable to not give people a little room to air their feelings right now. Sure the other thread got a little heated here and there but nothing out of line has been said.

The paddock is filled with A-type men and women who have strong beliefs and strong opinions so I'm surprised anyone feels the need for a "safe space thread." I've drank beers with people while we were still bleeding from a fight we just had, and cursed out a competitor during a race only to give him a hug afterwards (only if I won!)

Civility would be nice but lets not deny that we all have a lot on our minds.

PS - Bourbon helps in times like this.
YES to bourbon!
LuigiVampa (03-18-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 06:33 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Watkins Glen is closed until further notice.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:12 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KOAN
Watkins Glen is closed until further notice.
F*ck
Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Yeah, April SCDA cancelled. One of mine down, x to go.......

Good afternoon SCDA Glen drivers,

I regret to inform you that we have to cancel the April 27-28 Watkins Glen event due to the coronavirus. We were informed by the track today that they are shutting down for the month of April.

Although a difficult decision, it is the correct one. Watkins Glen is a destination track that requires a fair amount of travel, lodging and restaurants for most. Unfortunately with supporting facilities closing down and state guidelines on crowd sizes, Watkins Glen International has decided to stay closed for the month of April.

During this difficult time for us all, we are keeping your safety and health as our top priority. We are following all state and CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus. Fortunately for us, these events are mainly outdoors and our procedures will be modified as necessary to abide by and exceed the guidelines. At the moment this is the only event to be cancelled on our 2020 calendar. Please note that we still have TWO more dates at Watkins Glen Int'l for this year: July 13-14 and Aug 31- Sep 1. In addition we still have over 30 tracks days still scheduled for the season! https://scda1.com/season-schedule/

From a financial standpoint, we ask you keep a credit on file towards any future event this year or beyond. Once you know your date, simply email me ( elivan@scda1.com ) your chosen date(s) and we will transfer your entry. Please also email me with any questions.

Thank you for understanding and we hope that you and your families stay healthy.

We look forward to seeing you soon once we get through this, just imagine how great it will be to get on track!

Kind regards,

Elivan Goulart

SCDA President

www.scda1.com
Old 03-19-2020, 09:04 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony42hat
YES to bourbon!
Yuck, Single Malt FTW

Peter