Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apex Pro - get them before the price increase!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:12 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 550 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Apex Pro - get them before the price increase!

If you've been thinking about getting an Apex Pro Track Coach unit, now's the time. Prices are going up on May 1 by $100, so get yours now.

The first 4 people that buy them from us get a free carrying/storage case for the unit.

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/pr...o-track-coach/

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-23-2020, 08:52 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 607 Likes on 416 Posts

I'm not so sure this economic environment is going to support a price increase for a product like Apex Pro, not that it's a bad product. Maybe in a year.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 937 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
If you've been thinking about getting an Apex Pro Track Coach unit, now's the time. Prices are going up on May 1 by $100, so get yours now.

The first 4 people that buy them from us get a free carrying/storage case for the unit.

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/pr...o-track-coach/
Are the bundles with the iPod Touch going to come back into stock anytime? I have been waiting for this to order. I am a Samsung/Android user so need the iPod Touch to get functionality. They have been listed as out of stock on Apex's website for months.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:31 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Are the bundles with the iPod Touch going to come back into stock anytime? I have been waiting for this to order. I am a Samsung/Android user so need the iPod Touch to get functionality. They have been listed as out of stock on Apex's website for months.
It became an unsustainable model for Apex Pro to sell the iPod touch units. That said, they can be found online pretty easily. Just need a 6th Gen version or newer.
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (04-24-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 11:29 PM
roadie13
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 165 Posts

Is the price hike going with an updated model?
Old 04-24-2020, 08:07 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No, price increase is two fold: increased supplier costs and to help fund future development. “Unfortunately”, making and enveloping everything in the USA is expensive. My understanding is they wanted to increase it last year but held off....no, timing is not ideal, but it’s been planned for a while.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default Price on the Website is...

$549.......I have been obsessed with APEX Pro since last summer. When I bought mine, it was $449. Prior to taking a demo unit out I was thinking, why would anybody pay $449 for a 3 1/2 " long X 1/2" X 1/2 " device with 12 LEDs? My friend David Ferguson is an APEX Pro dealer, MOTEC, you name it, a data guru as well and, a very successful racer in prototypes as well as Porsche cars back in the day. David is also my data coach...he can make Race Studio 3 sing like an Opera star.

I took the APEX Pro to Laguna Seca, mounted it up, and gave it a try. DAMN, after one session I had to have one. I no longer needed a Data Coach....APEX Pro lets me look at my data...no computer required, just an iPhone. The actual App is free. At last, the secret door to data logging was open to me, and in addition, I got a digital driving coach, the LEDs. I have included a complete story below....$549 is a bargain for what it does. If you ever get to the track, hopefully soon, see if you can borrow a loaner for a few sessions.
Attached Images
Nickshu (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 01:42 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Martin,
Nice!! So...my personal story...we got a demo one when we became an Apex Pro dealer. I've always had an AiM system in the car but wanted to understand why this little box with lights was a good investment. Used it on my first (only) trip to Monticello for the PCA race in 2018. I put it in the car and found my self yelling (out loud it turns out) at the stupid little lights...seeing too many red through a corner I was saying things like "F-U, I can't go any faster through there!" then "OK, fine, if you say so I'll go faster" (again, keep in mind I'm talking to a small little metal box). So I do..and the car holds...and I get more green...and my predicted lap time on my AiM tells me I'm on pace for a faster lap time...I (once again out loud), yell "FINE" and continue arguing with it all session...

I did very well in my races...

That was very early on when there was very little functionality on the app. Right now, and especially with the Lap Timer Plus subscription service, it tells you A LOT... and yes it's easy to see/use with an iPhone or iPad. We bring a big monitor to the track when we demo them or use them for some coaching so people can see it better, but for many it beats having to have a laptop, download the data, understand RS Analysis, etc. And what's really good is the instant feedback. You can work on things the NEXT LAP instead of the next session.

The Apex Pro has a place, AiM units and systems have a place, as do other data systems. But in the end, if you want to get better as a driver, you need some sort of data to guide you.
ProCoach (04-24-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 12:18 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Great promo material for APEX Pro. As you do, I have mounted a 32" monitor in my trailer...have yet to fire it up, so few events, did a one (1) day on the 17th of May, and planning another one (1) day on May 2nd, a week from today, both at Willow Springs Raceway in Rosamond, CA, Cali High Desert. Speed District conducts the events, Virtual Drivers Meetings, awesome, save so much time not having to do an early AM Meeting the day of the event. Social Distancing is their policy.....food is available via phone order to the cafeteria. Event limited to 70 drivers, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Group available. I hope to see some Rennlisters
there...wave
Old 04-25-2020, 01:14 PM
Maxant13
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered one and hope to be able to use it in 2020!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:27 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tomorrow (Thursday) is the last day at the current price. Goes up to $549 on Friday.
We have 1 more carry case. 😉
Old 05-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at one of these. Definitely not now. I waited this long, I'll keep waiting.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:32 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 126 Posts

I bought one end of March this year and got to play with it twice in my old M5 street car before stuff shut down.
Having never used other devices except a more experienced driver in the passenger seat, I can't compare it to AIM & VBOX.
That said, the APEX is easy to figure out quickly and provides a lot of data for a tiny device. The M5 is easy to keep at traction limit, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the lights help judge traction limits in 996 turbo where I'm going faster and the car limits are higher than mine.

Also, I just switched to Apple phone this past year and APEX works great with their stuff.
Playing with the APEX OBD and Track Attack app was more info than I needed to start but Apex's support with Andrew is great.
He offers video tutorals and webinars to help users get the benefits from his product and I'd reccomend a try if you're on the fence.

Quick Reply: Apex Pro - get them before the price increase!