Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 12:42 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 550 Likes on 289 Posts
Default WALERO Temperature Regulating, Flame Retardant Undergarments

We are proud to start carrying the Walero product line. Great undergarment (base layer) products: Tops, pants and balaclavas.
I've tried them myself and yes, they do work in keeping you cooler
Let me know how we can help you, or use the link below to order online.

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/product-tag/walero/

Walero is committed to bringing you the most technologically-advanced range of thermo-regulating base layers available, so that you can stay committed to what matters most to you – delivering your best performance. The Walero Underpants is part of that commitment.

Here’s why more and more drivers are choosing Walero:

Active temperature control

Developed by NASA for off-world applications, Outlast® technology actively regulates your body temperature despite changes in your environment, keeping you cool when the temperature rises or lessening the chill when it falls. This thermo-regulating know-how has been proven to effectively reduce perspiration by up to 33%.

Tailored for comfort

Walero race underwear has been tailored for a superior fit with flat-lock seams and super-soft fabric to ensure maximum ease of movement and palpable comfort from start to finish.

Freshness beyond the finish line

Treated with Envirotex, Walero next-to-skin base layers keep you fresher for longer meaning no more smelly kit bags either! This cutting-edge, hospital-grade antimicrobial is 99.999% effective against many common bacteria as well as many fungal spores and viruses, as well as being non-toxic and eco-friendly.

Protection when needed

Ready to face the unexpected, Walero base layers are quality-assured and have been tested and approved to FIA 8856-2000 and SFI 3.3, which means they are fully flame-retardant and fully approved for racing worldwide. The Protal FR material responsible for the fire protection doesn’t wear out or expose your skin to chemical additives, and exceed the test SFI and FIA test criteria. Click here to learn more about Protal.

Features
  • FIA & SFI Approved Flame-Retardant underwear
  • Active temperature regulation
  • Treated with a cutting-edge antimicrobial
  • Supersoft material with flattlock seams
Here’s a great article about the technology in the Walero product line: Racecar Engineering Proves The Data Behind Walero

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/product-tag/walero/

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 06-05-2020, 01:29 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,382 Likes on 1,621 Posts

I see you have "husky sizes" as well - thank you.

Can you comment on fitment?

I bought some flame retardant undergarment in the past and I felt like I was wearing Spanx and I looked like an over-stuffed sausage.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:40 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I see you have "husky sizes" as well - thank you.

Can you comment on fitment?

I bought some flame retardant undergarment in the past and I felt like I was wearing Spanx and I looked like an over-stuffed sausage.
:-) Like Coolshirts, they should be a bit close fitting - not Spandex or sausage casing - but not loose, to allow the cooling properties to work.
As with everything that comes from Europe, they run 'smallish'. I normally wear a XL for all my shirts/T-shirts. The XL Walero shirt fits me like normal Large T-shirts do, but is very comfortable.

Can anyone else that has them comment on the fit? My experience with their fit at the moment is limited.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:11 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 781 Likes on 507 Posts

Andrew Rains (Mr. Apex Pro) has some of this and loves it! I think he talks about it in one of their FB Live events a bunch.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:16 PM
RolleiBob
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered one and just arrived 20 minutes ago. Thanks Bob. I tried it on. It is a large. I'm 6'4", 190. I usually wear a medium t-shirt. This large is slightly loose. Just slightly. It is not squeezing me but not baggy. I'm rambling now, but that is the best I can describe. Feels nice. Will be trying next Friday at Road Atlanta.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:45 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Wow..I didn't realize how popular these would be! We should have started carrying them sooner. Wiped us out of our initial stock, but we now have plenty more.
Thanks everyone for all the orders... Keep 'em coming, well get more!
Old 06-21-2020, 09:32 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

I just tried the balaclava and felt that it was far superior to the cotton polyester crap out there. Definitely going to get the matching outfit now.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:14 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Quick story: this past weekend we were a vendor at Roebling Road for an SCCA Majors race. I was talking to a guy that drives some sort of formula open wheel car. He complained about the heat (it was HOT!!) but of course he can't put a Coolshirt system in the car. I told him about the Walero products and he bought a balaclava and shirt. He came back after the race and said it was the coolest he's ever felt on such a hot day. They really helped wick away the sweat and keep him cooler. So his buddy bought some too.

I'll be trying these out myself at the Potomac Region Summit Point DE at the end of July. I'm sure it will be hot.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Bman
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Just tried these shirts this past weekend. Fitment is SLIM! I am 6' and 190lb and the large fits me well but it's snug.

I am happy with the shirts. I can't say they felt "30%" cooler than a normal nomex but they are more comfortable. I had, but have now ripped, a couple of the super light weight Traqgear shirts which is the coolest shirt ive worn but these Walero give me a little more piece of mind when it comes to fire protection due to fitment and density of fabric
Old 07-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Side note. Isn't Traqgear launching again?
Old 07-05-2020, 02:21 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Plavan
Side note. Isn't Traqgear launching again?
Hopefully soon. Unfortunately COVID put a huge delay in their USA based manufacturers because they all adjusted their product lines to fit the pandemic needs and put little Traqgear on the back burner. They told me their starting to get products to be made again and want to relaunch with the full line and enough to cover expected demand, so their are waiting until they’re ready.

We are excited for the line to come out as a past and future Traqgear dealer!
Old 07-22-2020, 02:49 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Its HOT out and many of us are getting back on track (we're actually getting to DRIVE next weekend at Summit!!). The Walero undergarments help a lot. As do Coolshirt systems (we are also a Coolshirt dealer).

The word being batted around a lot lately is "Keep yourself SAFE". Keeping cool and comfortable on the track will certainly help "Keep you SAFE."

Hmm...new tagline? "NaroEscape Motorsports - Keeping you SAFE before it was Mainstream" LOL...

Quick Reply: WALERO Temperature Regulating, Flame Retardant Undergarments