Sponsored by:

Mid O video GT4 OOC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 10:44 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Mid O video GT4 OOC

Just saw this in Facebook. Apparently caused by spilled fluid.

Old 06-15-2020, 11:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
Just saw this in Facebook. Apparently caused by spilled fluid.
Wow! I don't know if "the Beach" stopped him in time...

You can see that strip of fluid plain as day in the left third of the road in the braking zone. Even the camera car had trouble. He was pinched in, so he wasn't right on it.

Glad he saw the GT4 coming. Not sure he had too much warning at all.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-15-2020, 11:22 PM
991DUC
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

There was a thread going in the Gt4 section I responded to so I will just copy my reply from there as the driver. As Pro Coach Pointed out, China beach did not completely stop me and I hit the tire wall on the passenger side.

I am the driver of the Cayman Clubsport. This was one of those unfortunate cases of something going very wrong in a bad place. As someone else said, there was coolant dropped and I think my left tires hit it and my right didn’t, I have many laps and have never had a car let go like that. I’m not going to post my in car video, but the data and video show the car immediately lost it when touching the brakes at 146mph and spun backwards into the grass which didn’t help things. Thankfully I did not hit any other drivers.

I’m not going to debate the whole tech inspection thing on here or give a lecture on safety equipment. All I can say is the fact that I was able to walk away from that one and be back at work the next day says a lot about the safety aspects of a cage, six point belts, Halo Seat, and Hans.

Please consider safety upgrades as you never know when an unfortunate incident can strike...
The following 2 users liked this post by 991DUC:
HelpMeHelpU (06-19-2020), mjdcolo (12-24-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:26 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by 991DUC
There was a thread going in the Gt4 section I responded to so will just copy my reply from there as the driver. And as Pro Coach Pointed out, China beach did not completely stop me and I hit the tire wall on the passenger side.

I am the driver of the Cayman Clubsport. This was one of those unfortunate cases of something going very wrong in a bad place. As someone else said, there was coolant dropped and I think my left tires hit it and my right didn’t, I have many laps and have never had a car let go like that. I’m not going to post my in car video, but the data and video show the car immediately lost it when touching the brakes at 146mph and spun backwards into the grass which didn’t help things. Thankfully I did not hit any other drivers.

I’m not going to debate the whole tech inspection thing on here or give a lecture on safety equipment. All I can say is the fact that I was able to walk away from that one and be back at work the next day says a lot about the safety aspects of a cage, six point belts, Halo Seat, and Hans.

Please consider safety upgrades as you never know when an unfortunate incident can strike...
Man, I am SO sorry to hear that. VERY glad you're ok...
Old 06-15-2020, 11:36 PM
bgoetz
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 216 Posts

There was a thread going in the Gt4 section I responded to so will just copy my reply from there as the driver. And as Pro Coach Pointed out, China beach did not completely stop me and I hit the tire wall on the passenger side.

Hey I was just a couple cars back and came through right after, glad you were ok.

IMO, your accident was 100% an example of how things can go really wrong despite everything being done right. The fact that you walked away is testament to the safety gear.

Really sorry this happened, but glad no one got hurt.

Last edited by bgoetz; 06-16-2020 at 07:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (06-19-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:57 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 300 Posts

HOLY SMOKES!! Am so glad you are alright...........and yes, these are mandatory - I’m not going to debate the whole tech inspection thing on here or give a lecture on safety equipment. All I can say is the fact that I was able to walk away from that one and be back at work the next day says a lot about the safety aspects of a cage, six point belts, Halo Seat, and Hans.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:54 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

that was quite the wild ride! You do not see that everyday! Glad to see you are ok. Hope the car can be repaired.

just wow!
Old 06-16-2020, 09:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

Absolutely agree regarding safety improvements! We all celebrate that you walked away!!
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (06-19-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 09:44 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad you are ok. Hope the car can be repaired.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:12 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

I am the driver of the Cayman Clubsport. This was one of those unfortunate cases of something going very wrong in a bad place. As someone else said, there was coolant dropped and I think my left tires hit it and my right didn’t, I have many laps and have never had a car let go like that. I’m not going to post my in car video, but the data and video show the car immediately lost it when touching the brakes at 146mph and spun backwards into the grass which didn’t help things. Thankfully I did not hit any other drivers....
wow - glad you are ok and were able to walk away from this.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 780 Likes on 507 Posts

Glad you're ok! When I saw that video, I wondered how it ended.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:17 AM
991DUC
Rennlist Member

Since the caddy’s in car has gone viral I might as well post my in car which shows how it started and ended. Here it is.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:40 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 724 Posts

Since the caddy’s in car has gone viral I might as well post my in car which shows how it started and ended. Here it is.

Viral indeed:

https://apple.news/AaSQ22RWcTvCxGWohYH9evw

After the car spun you were just a passenger, not much to do. Good thing no one got hurt.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:02 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts

Glad to see that the gravel slowed you down as much as it did. My first thought when viewing the video was "wow, that's going to be a violent hit." It didn't look as horrible from the in car as I thought it might, thankfully.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:13 PM
991DUC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stownsen914
Glad to see that the gravel slowed you down as much as it did. My first thought when viewing the video was "wow, that's going to be a violent hit." It didn't look as horrible from the in car as I thought it might, thankfully.
yes the hit from the airborne landing was the most violent part. Hitting the wall didn’t hurt as much...

Quick Reply: Mid O video GT4 OOC