Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enduro Harness: Sabelt vs Schroth vs Other?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 12:02 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 548 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheelman_99

Racequip has the most affordable enduro option, though they don't loudly market it as such. It is very similar to the Schroth but about half the price. I get mine from Bob Zecca at Driving Impressions.
Agreed. We can’t keep them in stock. They are so much like the Schroth Enduro that it’s like they copied them almost exactly, for $315 instead of $679

Dont get me wrong, we use Schroth Enduro in our car and with both Nadine and I sitting in completely different places the ease of adjustability is great, but I’d you’re not hung up on brand name recognition it’s hard to beat the Racequip FIA Endurance belts. I think all we have left in stock are 3 black and a few reds on their way.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Last edited by NaroEscape; 12-23-2022 at 12:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 02:32 PM
Wheelman_99
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
I will deal with my Schroth for a few more years, but I tried rigging the lap belts for both pull up and pull down and NEITHER allowed me to tighten
the belt while seated. It's just too difficult to get to the strap and pull with enough force. I ended up leaving them tight (don't loosen
when getting out of the car) and pulling my gut in to plug in the lap belts. Will try the Sabelt next time, thanks!

Sounds like Flexi? yeah.... same. I ended up adding extensions to the lap tails, but they are still subpar compared to the Schroth, Lifeline and racequip enduro
Old 12-20-2022, 02:42 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Speaking of Lifeline - we are currently working toward being a full service Lifeline dealer. I'll have inventory soon and get training on servicing Lifeline bottles in the next month or so...including the Copse harnesses which again are an exact replica of the Schroth enduro.
The difference between the Schroth Enduro, Lifeline Copse and Racequip FIA Endurance versus all other belts (I honestly don't know about the Sabelt so forgive me on this) is the little rocker/cam lock mechanism on the lap belt. It allows the belt itself to roll on a fixed roller, with a rocker locking mechanism to hold it in place once adjusted. it used to be only Schroth Enduro had it, but now others do. it makes adjusting INFINITELY easier than all the belts that have the roller be on a small slide in and out to tighten and release.
I'll post pictures when I get a chance - doing major rearranging of our warehouse right now to make room for new Lifeline, OMP, Alpinestars and Stilo inventory..
Old 12-20-2022, 03:16 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I decided to take a quick break for pictures.
The black belt is the Racequip FIA Endurance. See how it has a separate cam/rocker with teeth? That allows for a real roller to allow the belt to roll smoothly, then the cam does the locking/release. Schroth and Lifeline Copse are like this (I think GForce has one too)

The Red belt is what’s typical (most belts including the Schroth Flexi are like this). That is not an active roller - it is a bar with teeth that slides back and forth the housing to loosen/tighten and the belt material must slide over the teeth with every tighten and release. This is why it’s more difficult to adjust.

Wheelman_99 (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 04:48 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheelman_99
Sounds like Flexi? yeah.... same. I ended up adding extensions to the lap tails, but they are still subpar compared to the Schroth, Lifeline and racequip enduro
I thought I bought the Schroth Enduro as I had before, but I checked and it is the Flexi. I think I chose it as it could be made pull-up or pull-down on the lap belts. But neither way allow adjustment when sitting in a snug seat without a pro-wrestler's arms.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:28 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 776 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
The black belt is the Racequip FIA Endurance. See how it has a separate cam/rocker with teeth? That allows for a real roller to allow the belt to roll smoothly, then the cam does the locking/release. Schroth and Lifeline Copse are like this (I think GForce has one too)

This is exactly what I don't like about he Schroth Enduro belts...no matter how tight you pull them, they loosen some as you release tension on the pull strap. You can mitigate that some by pushing down the release bar but you should not have to do so.

I have heard the Sabelt don't have this problem AND still pull easily.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:00 AM
Wheelman_99
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great post. I hadn't looked that close TBH. The other main difference is the location of the lap belt adjusters being directly next to the buckle allowing easy access. The driver can be self sufficient.

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
I decided to take a quick break for pictures.

The Red belt is what’s typical (most belts including the Schroth Flexi are like this). That is not an active roller - it is a bar with teeth that slides back and forth the housing to loosen/tighten and the belt material must slide over the teeth with every tighten and release. This is why it’s more difficult to adjust.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:27 PM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
This is exactly what I don't like about he Schroth Enduro belts...no matter how tight you pull them, they loosen some as you release tension on the pull strap. You can mitigate that some by pushing down the release bar but you should not have to do so.

I have heard the Sabelt don't have this problem AND still pull easily.
IMO, it looks like this loosening comes from the roll of the toothed cam piece as it bears down fully on the strap to engage the "lock". Makes me wonder if wear might occur in this area after repeated tightening.

I took a photo of my new Sabelt harness (with the box label so you can see the model code - don't worry, it is good through 2027), which is not installed yet and thus not tested out in person. But I tried things out as best I could with the shoulder strap to evaluate if there is any loosening after cinch up, and I don't think there is. At least I can't feel any with my foot on the upper end strap and me pulling on the buckle end. The design is clearly different. I also noticed that Sabelt is able to make the cinching occur without any rough surfaces (they had to pass the FIA tests, right?) so this might lessen wear of the strap.

Hope this is useful. Sorry I can't offer any in-car comments. And I should say that this is my first harness, so I am quite the newbie about them.

winders (12-21-2022)
Old 01-03-2023, 07:10 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 776 Likes on 393 Posts

Any vendors on here have their "good through 2028" Sabelt Enduro Silver harnesses as of yet? When you do, I am ready to order a set.....
Old 01-03-2023, 11:38 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

We have FIA 2028 enduro silvers in stock in red or black (we can dropship blue).

MSRP on the Enduro silver model is $579.

Here's the link
https://www.apexperformance.net/prod...rness-cca-622/

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook

Last edited by ApexPerformance; 01-03-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Enduro Harness: Sabelt vs Schroth vs Other?