Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enduro Harness: Sabelt vs Schroth vs Other?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 12:01 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Enduro Harness: Sabelt vs Schroth vs Other?

Hi all,
I just purchased a Schroth enduro harness and then afterwards realized that Sablet makes one also. Any experience with the Sabelt?
It looks like the main difference b.w/ Sch and Sab is that the latter has an option for pull up tightening on the lap belt, and that it comes in blue (plus red/black.)
Or other brands that I should consider?
Thanks.
A
Old 10-26-2020, 08:05 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

They are both nice, as they should be since they are some of the most expensive belts available. The Sabelt comes with both sets of hip straps (pull up and down). I find the pull down to be a lot more useful in a racing seat. On both of them the adjuster is right near the clip so it's easy to access and won't get bound up on your hip. They both have really high quality hardware. Out of the box I think the Schroth webbing is a little bit softer and easier to tighten and loosen. The Sabelt I used was brand new so I'm sure it will loosen up a bit over time. the Sabelt can be purchased in a configuration that allows you to retain the factory seat belts if this is for a street/track car. You'll be happy with either set.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:36 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

Love my Schroth Enduros. They are the first belts I've ever been able to get the laps really tight on in the Sparco seat.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:16 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

I bought the Schroth, as I needed a new harness immediately to make a newly recomissioned racecar pass tech. In general, it is fabulous. However, I very much prefer pull-up belts at the waist and of course a pull-down belts at the shoulders.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:39 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

The Sabelt shoulders have little loops on them to route your communicator and hydration lines to keep them secure and out of the way which is a neat little add-on. We tend to sell more Schroth as they seem to be more widely known but Sabelt has been around a long time and makes some great products as well.

Sabelt Enduro Harness

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 10-27-2020, 10:47 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 781 Likes on 507 Posts

I'm probably the odd person who doesn't love my Schroth harnesses. I checked the Sabelt harnesses, seats, suits, etc at PRI pretty closely and I am going to try their harnesses next time. Before talking to them, I didn't realize they were an Italian company. The quality all seemed very good and I like the webbing and hardware a little more than the Schroth.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We have Sabelt endurance in our team race car. They have a velcro patch on the shoulder straps that you can stick to the wings on your halo seat or put velcro on your roof to make driver changes easier. Both are very easy to adjust and tighten
Old 10-27-2020, 06:51 PM
Tim Webb
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First had Simpson many years ago (90's when I first started). Then moved to Willains, various formula cars. Tried Schroth but did not like the release mechanism in the small confines of my Swift. Now I have settled on the Sabelt in the new car.

I like the hardware on the Sabelt. Appears better made/machined. Also like the options that are included in the sale.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
The Sabelt shoulders have little loops on them to route your communicator and hydration lines to keep them secure and out of the way which is a neat little add-on. We tend to sell more Schroth as they seem to be more widely known but Sabelt has been around a long time and makes some great products as well.

Sabelt Enduro Harness

Hey Clark,
Does the Sabelt include a little loop for elastic bands on the shoulder belts like the Schroth?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:43 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Sabelt has better hardware and feels more precise when you click the belts into the receivers. Also seems to be easier sliding nylon shoulder belts thru the adjuster...Just my experience, I have Schroth in the 996 and had a Sabelt in the 944. I think I'll likely get another Sabelt harness when it's time to
replace the one in the 996.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd used both brands in various cars over the years and typically bought the Schroth brand. That said, in the SpecE46 I'm using RaceTech's Magnum lightweight belts and will probably buy them again next season when they expire. The hardware is fantastic and really enjoy the small velcro on shoulder straps that attaches to the Halo seat, no issues getting strapped in.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:39 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 40 Posts

I've had several sets of schroths and count me in the "meh" camp as well. Not sure why people seem to love them so much. I recently got a set of Safecraft harnesses and find them very good. You can actually adjust the lap belt when strapped in. I was on the fence between trying these and the sabelts which look nice as well.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:35 PM
911ted
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Scrutineer commented that a 3" strap reduction to 2" is a No No.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:56 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ted
The latest FIA standard is all 2" belts, no 3" to 2" on the shoulders. You can get all 3" on some models but most prefer 2" to lay smooth and flat over the head & neck restraint.
The following users liked this post:
996AE (12-21-2022)
Old 10-29-2020, 03:00 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 776 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ted
From the Apex Performance web site:

"...the new Silver Series harness from Sabelt uses 2″ belts throughout..."

Quick Reply: Enduro Harness: Sabelt vs Schroth vs Other?