Sponsored by:

TraqJunk 996/997 GT2 and GT3 Brake Tool in Production

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 07:37 PM
TraqJunk
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TraqJunk 996/997 GT2 and GT3 Brake Tool in Production

TraqJunk is pleased to announce new availability of our essential Brake Tool for 996 and 997 GT3 and GT2. price: $120. Full details at TraqJunk.com

If you have ever tried to replace the front brake pads on these cars you know how difficult it is. That's where the TraqJunk GT3 brake tool becomes the essential solution.
The problem is that you need three hands to do the job since you need 2 hands to compress the spring and 1 more to withdraw the pin. I owned a 2004 GT3 and got so frustrated that we designed the Brake Tool.

We sold hundreds of these starting in 2011 but when Porsche introduced the 991 demand dropped off since those cars used a different caliper type, so we stopped production.
Over the years we got occasional requests for the Brake Tool and we resumed production for the 2020 track season. We sold many dozens of them and ran out of inventory. We are now making a new batch of the Brake Tool and are taking orders.

Here are some testimonials:
Just used my new brake tool for the first time. My very first thought was, "Why didn't I buy this a year ago". This tool takes the pain out of dealing with the front caliper spring. Definitely glad I ordered one.I think it's cool how you ever figured it out. Sure makes working on those PITA springs a joy!
Space Coast GT
As Scott said, we did his brakes today to put his street pads back on. I'm here to tell you, there is no way Fred is a millionaire in making these products. Sounds like he was an enthusiast that used his own frustration that we all feel to make a job easier and passed along the idea to use for a minimal reap on his time. If we calculated the time he spent on R&D as well as his cost to make them and time invested, there is no gain here. Thanks for making a great product Fred!
LV DELL

We will be shipping in March.

Price: $120 for the GT3 Brake Tool. We also have a great Pad Spreader for $50. See the website TraqJunk.com for full details on the products, more customer raves and ordering.

Contact me at fhp911@gmail.com

The following users liked this post:
REALGT3 (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 12:11 AM
REALGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TraqJunk Brake Tool

i just bought one. Thanks Fred
Old 03-30-2021, 11:50 AM
TraqJunk
Former Vendor

Much inventory of our GT3 Brake Tool is on hand to greatly simplify replacing the front pads on these cars.

The Brake Tool is almost essential for owners who track these cars.

$120 for the Brake Tool..

See these raves!

TraqJunk
call us for more information: 732-841-6253
Old 04-05-2021, 11:13 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default I had one...

Sold the 2004 GT3 4 years ago, ....kept the brake tool, it's a "Cool Tool"...just sold it. Let's hope the sellers post up a pic, better yet a video of the tool in action.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:59 PM
TraqJunk
Former Vendor

A series of photos of the Brake Tool in action can be seen on the website. Sorry -- no video.

Immediate shipping. $120, includes shipping with Continental USA. (contact me via PM or email outside USA to arrange.)

Venmo or PayPal to fhp911@gmail.com. Include name and shipping address.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:31 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This tool makes for quick and easy pad changes. I am a happy customer
Old 04-15-2021, 01:54 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Always glad to hear from a happy customer.

Quick Reply: TraqJunk 996/997 GT2 and GT3 Brake Tool in Production