Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 784 Likes on 508 Posts
Default Lime Rock has been Sold

It sounds good from the press release and I know Skip was working to find owners that would continue on his vision for the track.

After 37 years of ownership, Skip Barber today announced a new Lime Rock Park ownership structure to propel future growth and opportunity for the Park in the years ahead. “I am extremely excited and proud to announce the acquisition of Lime Rock Park by Lime Rock Group, LLC,” said Skip Barber. “The Group’s General Partners, Charles Mallory, Dicky Riegel and Bill Rueckert along with a group of private investors have assumed control of Lime Rock Park and are bringing outstanding new vision and vitality to Lime Rock’s operations and to our local and regional community. They are the ideal stewards of the Park’s long and successful legacy. This is truly wonderful news for everyone involved with Lime Rock as we commence our 65th year of operations,” he continued.

Lime Rock Group, LLC was formed specifically for the acquisition of Lime Rock Park. Skip Barber will remain a significant investor in the new entity and will be an integral part of its Management Committee, as the business continues to leverage Skip’s worldwide reputation in the motorsports industry. After 37 years of ownership, Skip Barber today announced a new Lime Rock Park ownership structure to propel future growth and opportunity for the Park in the years ahead. “I am extremely excited and proud to announce the acquisition of Lime Rock Park by Lime Rock Group, LLC,” said Skip Barber. “The Group’s General Partners, Charles Mallory, Dicky Riegel and Bill Rueckert along with a group of private investors have assumed control of Lime Rock Park and are bringing outstanding new vision and vitality to Lime Rock’s operations and to our local and regional community. They are the ideal stewards of the Park’s long and successful legacy. This is truly wonderful news for everyone involved with Lime Rock as we commence our 65th year of operations,” he continued.

Lime Rock Group, LLC was formed specifically for the acquisition of Lime Rock Park. Skip Barber will remain a significant owner in the new entity and will be an integral part of its Management Committee, as the business continues to leverage Skip’s worldwide reputation in the motorsports industry.

Dicky Riegel, former President & CEO of Airstream, Inc. and COO of Thor Industries, Inc., will serve as Lime Rock Park’s new CEO. “Lime Rock has been one of my favorite places and my home track for over 40 years; the same is true for my partners, Charles and Bill, both of whom consider Lime Rock a home away from home. All of us have deep roots in Connecticut and look forward to being active in the community and working collaboratively with the Town. To now be owners of this iconic and storied brand is a dream come true,” said Mr. Riegel.

As Lime Rock commences the 2021 season after a pandemic-restricted year in 2020, there is much to anticipate, including an expanding events calendar, new partners and sponsors, and additional new working capital to invest in future opportunities. Lime Rock Group’s investors include seasoned motorsports luminaries and automotive entities that will immediately drive new activity for the Park, including manufacturer and sponsor relationships. Most importantly, all of the Group’s investors are passionate motorsports enthusiasts intent on burnishing Lime Rock’s traditions and reputation while also evolving to meet modern demands
The following users liked this post:
9114609048 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 12:45 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Indeed. The private investors are drivers, too.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-07-2021, 01:29 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 177 Posts

Just saw the press release. Given the business background of the new investors/managers, hopefully they run in the same circles (no pun intended) as some of the wealthy area homeowners who have had an anti-LRP bias (noise, traffic). Some personal PR would be welcomed in ensuring the future of this landmark.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

This should be interesting. see if LRP avoids the cycle of boom, bust , near bankruptcy... "rinse-repeat.".. as PK would say....
but highly encouraging that all are CT peeps and drivers.... also the need to deciseiively deal with obstreperous town folk looms large. ..for both big and small events.
Frank Abe (04-08-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:40 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneman
This should be interesting. see if LRP avoids the cycle of boom, bust , near bankruptcy... "rinse-repeat.".. as PK would say....
but highly encouraging that all are CT peeps and drivers.... also the need to deciseiively deal with obstreperous town folk looms large. ..for both big and small events.
Good luck to the new owners. Love that track.

Also, what does "obstreperous" mean? Something about being a woman's doctor?

(You know how I am with big words).
Old 04-07-2021, 05:11 PM
twk63
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 48 Posts

I wonder what the purchase price was?
Old 04-07-2021, 05:26 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Charles Mallory is a "good egg."

From a Club mailing I received today:

"As some of our members know, the Delamar is owned by passionate car enthusiast Charles Mallory, whose automotive collection is both considerable and eclectic. No promises, but he might even show up with his legendary, hand-built Talbot!
In addition, Charles will discuss the details and his vision for the substantial investment that he and his partners have just made in Lime Rock Park."
Old 04-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 784 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Good luck to the new owners. Love that track.

Also, what does "obstreperous" mean? Something about being a woman's doctor?

(You know how I am with big words).
I looked it up and there was a picture of.....

Oh wait, that was urban dictionary. Merriam Webster says it is similar to pertinacious.
Veloce Raptor (04-08-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Lime Rock Park

Very good news about Lime Rock, one of my favorite tracks on the IMSA circuit in the '70s. Loved going there, plus staying at the Interlaken Inn. I remember the big, enthusiastic crowds, packed in shoulder to shoulder on the hill.

1976 Camel GT, Lime Rock. Keyser (Monza), Holbert (Monza), Gregg (BMW), Dyer (RSR)
The following 4 users liked this post by 9114609048:
BFT3.2 (04-08-2021), jdistefa (04-08-2021), LuigiVampa (04-08-2021), ProCoach (04-07-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 08:35 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I looked it up and there was a picture of.....

Oh wait, that was urban dictionary. Merriam Webster says it is similar to pertinacious.
Wait, what?
Old 04-08-2021, 10:40 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,388 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Call me old fashioned but I hope they continue to maintain Lime Rock and don't start making huge changes to it. I love the rustic nature of the place.

That being said, a skid pad that doesn't resemble Sebring's paving would be nice. I swear I lost a filling last time I did the skid pad at LRP.
paradocs98 (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 02:14 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I hear they are going to move it south to avoid the big taxes the Yankee politicians up north are so addicted to raising every year.
Probably Florida since that is where all the people with money in Connecticut and NY are moving to.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:17 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I hear they are going to move it south to avoid the big taxes the Yankee politicians up north are so addicted to raising every year.
Probably Florida since that is where all the people with money in Connecticut and NY are moving to.
I heard the same thing.

They are in talks with DeSantis to move it to Islamorada and rename the track "Key Lime Rock Park."

Any truth to that?

Last edited by dgrobs; 04-08-2021 at 04:58 PM.
analogmike (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 03:11 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I head the same thing.

They are in talks with DeSantis to move it to Islamorada and rename the track "Key Lime Rock Park."

Any truth to that?

Dude, you are rockin' today!
Old 04-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Come drive with us before they convert it to a private club.

NCR-PCA DE May 3rd & 4th We need instructors willing to get in the right seat. Only $160 You get (4) 24 minute sessions and only one student. We also have limited room for additional solo drivers

North Country PCA website for info and link to register

Register @ https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ucation-819440

Quick Reply: Lime Rock has been Sold