Sponsored by:

OVRPCA at Mid-O

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 11:24 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 264 Posts
Default OVRPCA at Mid-O

I’ve been trying to back away a bit from the gratuitous posts regarding recent driving events I've been to as most of us have a really good time at these things, which is a big reason why we do them in the first place

But I can’t hold back from talking about this past weekend.

This turned out to be three days of absolute joy for me, at least…..Friday was Work Day with open track all day long—no half-hour checkers, no nothing, just get out there and drive. So, as always, I couldn’t control myself and generally stayed out there until my bladder yelled at me to come in. Good thing that happened quite a bit with all the water ingested on a hot day as I would have toasted ALL of my tires on Day 1 instead of merely some of them….just hours of quality track time with many really good drivers and/or instructors.

After that I considered the weekend to be the cherry on top—still plenty of driving to be sure but also more time to walk the paddock and check out some incredible cars (the livery on your GT4 CS looks amazing in real life, Scott, but not as good as it GOES!), seek out friends (there were many) and generally just enjoy the vibe which I did immensely. Big thanks to Gary Nichols for keeping our A Group DM short and to the point (basically "you've all been around the block--have fun and behave")—very refreshing to say the least.

I could go on and on here but I’ll close by calling out the people who were responsible for putting this on: Jeff Woodard, Chair…..Gary Nichols and Dale Timmister, CDIs….Dennis Okin, Registrar…..as well as the spouses, SOs, and everyone else helping out. All were available, affable and great to be around.

Also, thanks go to Gary N’s wife Rose for baking the incredible cookies which I normally try to avoid but on this occasion wasn’t going to happen…. to the GT3 driver for all of the kudos/kind words throughout the weekend as I tried to wipe my saliva off of his car….and finally to the gentleman who spent all weekend walking the track taking multiple photos of all the cars and, in some cases (like mine) delivering them personally to my garage. Not a pro, just an enthusiast. Just…..come on. Amazing.

If you were there and should happen to read this I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and in posting this I’m really enjoying reliving it!

Last edited by gbuff; 06-14-2021 at 11:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mjdcolo (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 11:28 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi Gary!
After reading this, I am reminded of the great time I had last year at Mid-O with OVR, car problems notwithstanding. Hope to see you soon.

Stay Safe,

R\
Scott
Old 06-14-2021, 11:35 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by SWK6Cup
Hi Gary!
After reading this, I am reminded of the great time I had last year at Mid-O with OVR, car problems notwithstanding. Hope to see you soon.

Stay Safe,

R\
Scott
Likewise, Scott, hope to see you and experience that beast of a car flying by!
Old 06-14-2021, 12:46 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I instructed this past weekend as my car developed a small, but poorly placed oil leak which dropped right on to the headers. My student was awesome, great to see so many friends (made new ones) and as far as I could tell riding around, everyone was behaving themselves. OVR really knows how to run a DE event. It was so refreshing to attend an event like this one after the year we had in 2020.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

And….OVR usually gives out great party gifts. We regularly use our ovr cocktail glasses. 🥃🥃

Quick Reply: OVRPCA at Mid-O