How to decide on a HANS device

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 08:26 AM
amurph182
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Stand21 also makes a nice one, for a decent price. Similar to the HANS III
I have a Stand21 hnr and it fits me perfectly. But that’s after I went to a shop and tried on all the different brands, sizes and versions that they had. OP, these things aren’t one size fits all, each brand and style fits a little different, and it needs to fit you properly to be most effective. If you don’t have a shop where you can try a bunch of them on, then you should find an online store with a good return policy and have them ship a few to you. Also, make sure your harnesses are installed correctly so that they go over the hans at the correct angle.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:04 AM
Carrera51
Race Car

Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

Since you have the sport buckets and harnesses, does your GT3 also have a roll bar installed?

As far as a head and neck restraint goes if you don't have a local place where you can try some on (each fits a little differently) then at your next event, I would see if you can borrow one from your fellow participants and sit it on your shoulders with your helmet on and sit in your GT3. I have seen in some cases with the factory buckets, that when you add in a HANS, Stand21 or one of the other devices, that it will push you head forward. You may have to adjust the rake of you seat.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:06 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

Last year I moved on from my Schroth SHR Flex that I had added padding to but was still killing my boney collar bones to the Necksgen RevLite 2 and I wish I had done it years earlier. The Necksgen has zero hard material (composite, carbon fiber etc) coming in contact with your collar bones and couldn't be more comfortable.

Quick Reply: How to decide on a HANS device