Sponsored by:

Jongbloed wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 06:26 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Jongbloed wheels

Hello all - I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues getting Jongbloed wheels, specifically SPB wheels. I ordered a pair of black wheels over two months ago and still no wheels. Latest estimate is August - September, maybe. WTH Jongbloed.

First world problem, I know, but it’s a little frustrating. I also remember the assurances from Jongbloed back in 2019 when they were negotiating to get this sole supplier tied up with PCA. “Supply will not be an issue.”

I get it, they’re made in China to keep cost down. And then they’re shipped to Florida. And then finally to California. There are plenty of manufacturers in China or other countries capable of making wheels. Or even better, bring manufacturing back to Morgan Hill like the rest of your wheels. At this point I’d pay more if I could just get them. Be forewarned, next rant may be the price increase. :-)

How long does PCA stick with a supplier who can’t supply? I’ll ask John G.

Out here,
Tim
Old 06-30-2021, 08:05 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 568 Likes on 298 Posts

Interesting you bring this up….I sent a wheel to them back in December to be rebuilt. Calls and emails at least once a week, if not twice, have gone unanswered. Last I heard from Ryan was in January saying he was “a few weeks behind”…

Anybody know what’s going on with them?

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-01-2021, 12:20 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have a set ordered, as a team member of a large pipe manufacturing group. We have also experienced supply chain issue, but also understand we have to support the market otherwise our partners will go elsewhere. PCA has unfortunately sole sourced their SPB wheel supplier, shock supplier, etc. which does not allow the user any options.
The following users liked this post:
tgsmith4845 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 01:44 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 185 Posts

Gents, I think you must be referring with the availability of the Spec Boxster wheel (SPB). A flow formed, one piece wheel, to replace the ever diminishing supply of stock wheels. I just spoke with Ryan and there are indeed supply chain issues. Fulfilling orders for PCA is paramount and and it looks like stock will be replenished in August.

Ok, maybe I am partial, but I have used Jongbloed three piece 305 Aero in BMW Club Racing, United States Touring Car, and NASA WERC series. Lot's of P1 finishes and two championships. Hang in there! BKOVAC is spot on. PCA had a lot of choices before the pandemic, and chose Jongbloed to support the series. None of us could have seen our current shortages and labor issues.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:51 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah, sounds very much like a supply chain issue that's even worst for the spec wheel; I got a set of full-up custom one-off Jongbloed wheels for my P2 this year, and it did take a little back-and-forth, in particular one rim half was slow to arrive delaying completion of the one last wheel... and that's all US-produced stuff... if they're making them abroad and shipping, yeah, nothing is happening on schedule at this point. But the supply chain is slowly refilling and getting back up to speed...
Old 07-01-2021, 08:17 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I am also using Jongbloed wheels on my SP3 car. Ordered an extra set early this year, and Ryan promised to have them in time for the Watkins Glen race earlier this year. Supply issues etc, caused delays for sure. I called a few times as the race came closer. He ended up overnight shipping them to me straight to the track and I was able to use them that weekend.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:05 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mine are not SPB, they are the custom wheels from our 914 that he made the barrels for years ago. One got damaged from my wreck at Summit last year.

Trust me, I get it about supply chain issues as we have outstanding back orders with just about every one of our vendors….some dating back to January. But no response to dozens of emails and phone calls is unacceptable. I would be out of business in short order if I did that.

Last edited by NaroEscape; 07-01-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:21 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Another big bottleneck is the unloading and loading of freight in the Harbor, off my coast I can see all the ships outside Long Beach, CA. waiting to be off loaded in the Harbor due to the decreased activity by the longshoreman due to COVID.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:12 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Well I ordered a set in December. Still nothing.

Last edited by orthojoe; 07-01-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:58 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

^^^^^Great avatar^^^^^^^^
Old 07-01-2021, 01:07 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just talked to Ryan - as I assumed material and labor bottlenecks with suppliers is really screwing up his business and he's trying the best he can. I explained my frustration was not as much with the time, but with the lack of communication. . We're all good now.

He does great work and makes awesome wheels (its what we have on our new SPC car too). So yeah...my little one not-his custom wheel undoubtedly takes a back seat to large supplier orders - or even you SPB guys that buy full sets, but he said he'd get it knocked out as soon as he can fit it in.

This past year+ has been very tough on all of us....especially us little guys.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:27 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 185 Posts

Excellent news Bob! I hope your repair is turned around quickly. On another note, getting quality help is difficult as well. Ryan has been working long very long hours. I've been there. Done that too!
Old 07-02-2021, 11:23 AM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. All good points. I fully appreciate what some businesses are going through these days. As some have mentioned, communication goes a long way in keeping buyers aware and expectations managed.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:36 PM
Max-D
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been contacting Ryan once a month since February for SPB wheels.

He is not a man of many words, but my last communication said that the run was done and it's on its way. August seems possible.

Fragile supply chains and shipping delays - welcome to the 2020s
Old 08-25-2021, 07:56 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Still no ETA on the Jongbloed SPB wheels I ordered 4 months ago. Sheesh.

Quick Reply: Jongbloed wheels