Sponsored by:

PBOC Winterfest 2022

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 04:19 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Default PBOC Winterfest 2022

Anyone know whether PBOC under the new ownership is planning for a 2022 Sebring Winterfest?

Thank you.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:25 PM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 300 Posts

Yep, it is definitely happening. I’m sure John will be posting up more details soon but it should be the best winterfest yet in 2022
Old 10-18-2021, 11:20 AM
PBOC National
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Folks-

Sorry for the delay and thanks, Mike for the quick reply. We've put final touches on registration and hope to get registration open on clubregistration.net here tonight or tomorrow.

Due to the many changes (to include VIP lounge and entertainment), we've been communicating and trying to coordinate logistics and planning hardly done before with the track. Sebring is excited at everything we're trying to do, but coordination has had its challenges.

At the sake of not having to redo out schedules, we've delayed going live, but wanted to thank you all for your support and patience!!!
Old 10-22-2021, 02:13 PM
PBOC National
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Registration is open. Thank you all for your patience.

Racers: https://clubregistration.net/events/...event_id=11863
HPDE: https://clubregistration.net/events/...event_id=11862
Old 10-24-2021, 05:58 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

I’m registered. Looking forward to it!
Old 11-01-2021, 09:03 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As a long time forum member, I wanted to bring this back up and encourage Porsche owners to feel free to provide feedback and let me know what PBOC can do to enhance the driving experience.

For those that don't already know, PBOC was born as a result of former executives of local PCA regions feeling PCA National being out of touch.

We're all fighting technology, culture and changes in combustible engines and racing in general. We are listening and want to enhance the driving experience for every one, so please feel free to provide suggestions.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:46 PM
MC129
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
As a long time forum member, I wanted to bring this back up and encourage Porsche owners to feel free to provide feedback and let me know what PBOC can do to enhance the driving experience.

For those that don't already know, PBOC was born as a result of former executives of local PCA regions feeling PCA National being out of touch.

We're all fighting technology, culture and changes in combustible engines and racing in general. We are listening and want to enhance the driving experience for every one, so please feel free to provide suggestions.

Please clarify the criteria for running in the "Super Solo" group.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:51 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MC129
Please clarify the criteria for running in the "Super Solo" group.
SuperSolo is for advanced, experienced drivers capable of driving in a very fast group of other experienced drivers. Like other driving groups, it's a vetting process and it all begins with a driver's interest and query.

We host a personal interview to qualify the candidate's capacity and once approved, they're provided provisional status to drive in the group over the course of the event's weekend. The candidate must demonstrate driving proficiency, critiqued and feedback provided by veteran SuperSolo drivers on track and the provisional driver must stay incident free (with "incident" not necessarily meaning contact or an accident). Candidates are required to shadow three races at various flag stations and obtain sign offs to observe what flag stations do during races and must work a shift as a grid marshal during the 6 hour enduro race.

SuperSolo boasts the lowest incidents of any run group and I have yet to drive in any group, race or HPDE with a group of drivers more conscientious, their heads on a swivel, epitomizing situational awareness than in SuperSolo.

Come give it a try.
The following 2 users liked this post by est8esq:
dgrobs (01-16-2022), Mike Roblin (11-02-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 07:49 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I'm registering for this for the first time.

I am registering as an instructor Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

I've never done PBOC before so I have a couple questions that weren't in Club Reg or this thread.

Sorry for my ignorance. I do see some very familiar names (thankfully) on the DE roster so far.

Is there a link to what the schedule is like?

Is there a website for this?

Is this a 3 day or 4 day event for the DE folks?

Are any of the days open lapping days?

Thanks in advance for any info you folks could provide.

I just registered.

Thanks,

DG

Edit: I found some info on CR, but still have the above questions, kinda. Thanks from this PBOC newbie....

Last edited by dgrobs; 11-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:14 PM
MC129
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a 4 day DE. Schedule is posted in the event files at the bottom of the details page on ClubReg.
The following users liked this post:
est8esq (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 09:21 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MC129
It's a 4 day DE. Schedule is posted in the event files at the bottom of the details page on ClubReg.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2021, 09:55 PM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 300 Posts

The HPDE side of things is that Thursday and Friday are for Solo and Super Solo drivers with Saturday and Sunday being a full blown DE including students and instructors.

Then there are the Racing groups throughout the 4 days if that’s your thing

You’re going to have a great time Bruce, welcome to Florida in January! Feel free to come by and see me during the event
Old 11-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Winterfest is always a fantastic event
Old 11-03-2021, 10:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Roblin
The HPDE side of things is that Thursday and Friday are for Solo and Super Solo drivers with Saturday and Sunday being a full blown DE including students and instructors.

Then there are the Racing groups throughout the 4 days if that’s your thing

You’re going to have a great time Bruce, welcome to Florida in January! Feel free to come by and see me during the event
Sweet. I will. Wife will be in tow as well.

I registered for all 4 days and instructing over the weekend. I think my car will already be down there.

I’ve been to Sebring a few times just never PBOC. Can’t wait.

I actually lost a filling last time there. It was already loose but I think it came out in 17.

See you there.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:18 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Sweet. I will. Wife will be in tow as well.

I registered for all 4 days and instructing over the weekend. I think my car will already be down there.

I’ve been to Sebring a few times just never PBOC. Can’t wait.

I actually lost a filling last time there. It was already loose but I think it came out in 17.

See you there.
17 will do that to you. Stop by our rig and say hey if you get a chance. It’s a 45 foot Prevost and my car is a yellow Cayman. Shouldn’t be hard to spot.

Quick Reply: PBOC Winterfest 2022