Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 10:33 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I know I’m gonna regret this, but…

Was that wrong?
Only if you thought it was wrong that Lewis skipped what was evidently the most important GALA in the history of all galas. BUT THE GALA!!! Lewis skipped THE GALA!!!
Old 02-23-2022, 10:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Only if you thought it was wrong that Lewis skipped what was evidently the most important GALA in the history of all galas. BUT THE GALA!!! Lewis skipped THE GALA!!!
Do you realize that it is mandated in the FIA Sporting Regulations that the top 3 drivers in a series must attend or face penalties? Do you also realize that manufacturers must present their championship winning cars at the FIA awards presentation and Mercedes not only did not present their WCC F1 car but their cars in other FIA race series? Surely you must think that's a bit childish on the part of Toto and Lewis.

Further, now that Toto and Lewis have had Masi fired, I'm still waiting for the new FIA president to drop the hammer on Hamilton as he was in clear violation of the Sporting Regs, but both Toto and Lewis are on a media blitz to talk about race stewards being friends with drivers.... please...

I'm not even going to breach the political reference as that is just ridiculous thing to bring up in a thread like this.
The following 5 users liked this post by multi21:
dgrobs (02-24-2022), LuigiVampa (02-24-2022), Manifold (02-24-2022), ProCoach (02-23-2022), winders (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 11:34 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by multi21
I'm not even going to breach the political reference as that is just ridiculous thing to bring up in a thread like this.
Good idea.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:14 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Good idea.
Hence the sarcasm in my regretful post…
Old 02-24-2022, 10:06 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,891 Likes on 2,232 Posts

But but BUT THE GALA!!!! Lewis didn't attend THE GALA!!! The HORROR!!! I bet many of you thought it was fine when Trump didn't attend Biden's inauguration.
It's called a gala, but it's an official F1 event, and there are requirements for attendance. There's also symbolism of sportsmanship in attending, and I believe Lewis' runner-ups always attended each of the 7 times Lewis won. By Lewis not attending, it was a snub to Max, as though Max didn't deserve to be WDC - very poor sportsmanship on Lewis' part. He talks about 'ending racism', but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:24 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
Ooooof.
The following 2 users liked this post by DTMiller:
dgrobs (02-24-2022), thebishman (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 10:26 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

He talks about 'ending racism', but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
Yikes!
The following users liked this post:
dgrobs (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 10:57 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

, but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
Manny,

If you delete your original post, I will delete this one and maybe the others who quoted you will also delete.

Not the right place for this (as I quickly learned with my Bubba Wallace post a ways back).
Old 02-24-2022, 11:02 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
Really, take your medication. This is a sporting issue, nothing more, nothing less.
dgrobs (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 11:30 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

He talks about 'ending racism', but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.

The following 2 users liked this post by flatsics:
Astroman (02-24-2022), dgrobs (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 11:32 AM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 341 Likes on 211 Posts

It's called a gala, but it's an official F1 event, and there are requirements for attendance. There's also symbolism of sportsmanship in attending, and I believe Lewis' runner-ups always attended each of the 7 times Lewis won. By Lewis not attending, it was a snub to Max, as though Max didn't deserve to be WDC - very poor sportsmanship on Lewis' part. He talks about 'ending racism', but frankly he's making black people look bad with his behavior.
And there it is. Wow!
The following 2 users liked this post by thebishman:
Astroman (02-24-2022), dgrobs (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 11:43 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Luigi, can you post a picture of that train wreck again?

Thanks in advance pal.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,891 Likes on 2,232 Posts

Yes, I said it and I stand by my statement. Why are we so afraid to talk about the issue of race?

Lewis is black, or at least half black, and has intentionally made himself a representative for the good cause of ending racism. So, guess what, people are going to pay close attention to his behavior, as a representative of black people and that cause. If Lewis even hints that he's being treated unfairly by the F1 officials because he's black (he hasn't explicitly suggested any other reason), but he's not actually being discriminated against by the F1 officials because he's black, then his playing the victim does a disservice to the people who are actually discriminated against based on race - when the boy keeps crying wolf, people will stop listening to boy and not pay attention to when there's actually a wolf. Even if Lewis doesn't hint that he was discriminated against due to racism, he is still the only black driver on the F1 grid and a 7-time WDC, and therefore very much in the spotlight, so people will look at his behavior as a representative of black people, whether likes being in that role or not.

As a non-white person (who has sometimes been mistaken for being black), I'm embarrassed and disappointed by Lewis' behavior. I wish he would behave like a champion and role model, including when he loses.

Last edited by Manifold; 02-24-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:34 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, I said it and I stand by my statement. Why are we so afraid to talk about the issue of race?

Lewis is black, or at least half black, and has intentionally made himself a representative for the good cause of ending racism. So, guess what, people are going to pay close attention to his behavior, as a representative of black people and that cause. If Lewis even hints that he's being treated unfairly by the F1 officials because he's black (he hasn't explicitly suggested any other reason), but he's not actually being discriminated against by the F1 officials because he's black, then his playing the victim does a disservice to the people who are actually discriminated against based on race - when the boy keeps crying wolf, people will stop listening to boy and not pay attention to when there's actually a wolf. Even if Lewis doesn't hint that he was discriminated against due to racism, he is still the only black driver on the F1 grid and a 7-time WDC, and therefore very much in the spotlight, so people will look at his behavior as a representative of black people, whether likes being in that role or not.

As a non-white person (who has sometimes been mistaken for being black), I'm embarrassed and disappointed by Lewis' behavior. I wish he would behave like a champion and role model, including when he loses.
You just called a black man a "boy"...wow. You are really hitting it out of the park today.

Last edited by flatsics; 02-24-2022 at 12:36 PM.
thebishman (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 12:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,383 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Luigi, can you post a picture of that train wreck again?

Thanks in advance pal.
In fairness, Lewis has made the issue of racism his most important cause. It is only because of the restrictions of this forum that we cannot debate how his views on race and racism tends to define many of his grievances.

Quick Reply: Michael Masi sacked as F1 race director