Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Circuit Mount Tremblant down for the count?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 01:51 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Our solution…

The following users liked this post:
jjaisli (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 02:10 PM
mlct
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

Interesting. Lime Rock is 88db for Porsche and Drivers Club events 86 for other events.

They measure directly across the track from just off the bottom of the stairs to the start finish tower. So just after start finish parallel to the line. They measure the first peak which then jumps to over 92-94 an instant later for cars that are measuring 88-89 on the first measurement. This is with a calibrated REED Instruments R8050 Dual Range Sound Level Meter set at Slow speed weighting A range. I bought the same meter and had them show me how they did it. I duplicated their results.

Nice of them to take the first peak. That may be why cars that pass at Lime Rock didn't pass. Lime Rock also doesn't always measure...yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by mlct:
jjaisli (06-11-2022), ProCoach (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 02:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,696 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaisli
Yeah, this is the problem. LRP is 89 dBA (I think) and LCMT is 92. But it doesn't matter. It all depends on where the microphones are positioned, where the car is on track, even the wind, on any given day. I remember a guy with a Shelby GT350R a few years ago. He ran multiple sessions on Friday, didn't make any changes to his car and suddenly, the following day he was black flagged. It's really a roll of the dice.
Relative humidity is a big factor.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

jjaisli (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 09:27 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

For those running cars from the 2000s with race headers the stock mufflers seem to work. (At least on the caymans, assume similar for the 911s). Performance mufflers on cat-less headers require serious efforts (see above). I barely survived with a supertrap with every possible plate removed and the engine choking. Turn downs w/ inserts failed.

due to supply chain issues my replacement Soul mufflers have only just now shipped. I put stock mufflers on and it’s creepy-quiet for a racecar. I’ll run those in handicap-mode at the Glen race and then plan to catch the NER July event! After that the car can get proper loud again. Harumph.
jjaisli (06-12-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 05:33 PM
Deansdream
Three Wheelin'

Received 462 Likes on 208 Posts

Was registered and, with great regret, had to cancel. Quelle domage. Of course, on the positive side, we won't be supporting Tredeau's dictatorship

Last edited by Deansdream; 06-13-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:50 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Just got an email from NER that this event has been cancelled. I cried.

Looks like their Calabogie DE might still be on the week after.

I am so upset about this, but I will find a way to get there this season. Can't do the BMW event due to conflicts.

Is there a (daily) schedule for LCMT for this season that anyone might have?

Any other suggestions on events at Tremblant this season?

Thanks.....

Old 06-15-2022, 12:27 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs

I am so upset about this, but I will find a way to get there this season. Can't do the BMW event due to conflicts.

Thanks.....

Come down for a Rennsport event…August is a 3 day weekend event

Last edited by Dwane; 06-15-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:38 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dwane
Come down for a Rennsport event…August is a 3 day weekend event
Oh man I would love to but that week is already booked with 5 days at The Glen (Niagara/NNJR) and we're also taking my oldest daughter to Syracuse to get her all moved in for her freshman year that week. Thankfully, The Cuse and The Glen are close, so Ill be commuting back and forth.

I NEED to get to LCMT though. Maybe one of those 2 day Rennsport events if there is another event either directly before or after it. Need to research.

Damn it!!!
HelpMeHelpU (06-17-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 11:08 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks.....

Was there any rationale for why they cancelled the event ? Low registration ? I thought this was the event that coincides with the Jazz Fest, so would have thought numbers would be been fine to cover cost...

Of all the places Ive driven (including Sebring, Watkins Glen, VIR, Road America and Mosport), Tremblant is my favorite and I find to be the most complex, technical track of that grouping. That - and the Rennsport Region and the folks there are just an amazing group. Great people and a great track.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:20 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELange0322
Was there any rationale for why they cancelled the event ? Low registration ?
That would be my guess. I thought I saw only 61 registered drivers at last look on MSR/CR.

Normally, they max it out at 150 drivers, so that mark was obviously missed.

This used to be a joint event between NER (who did the heavy lifting) and NNJR, and if you didn't register 10 minutes after reg opened, you were on the waitlist.

The event this year was only NER I think, as I am NNJR, and this was not on our HPDE schedule unless I missed it.

Totally 100% SUCKS!!!!!

ProCoach (06-17-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 12:56 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ELange0322
Was there any rationale for why they cancelled the event ? Low registration ?
Yes, that seems to be the reason. BMW CCA were close to cancelling as well due to low registration numbers. The border has basically been closed recreationally for the last two years and I guess it's tough to drum up the numbers.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:09 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Yeah - I remember was NER only for a time and one year they didnt sync with the Jazz Fest and got killed with registration numbers, so they synced up with NNJR for the following year. Of course that year re-aligned with the Jazz Fest and they had like 200 cars there. It was a mess.

I am going next week (and to all the Rennsport events), and seriously considering the Boston BMW event as well.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:14 AM
arethusa71
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

That would be my guess. I thought I saw only 61 registered drivers at last look on MSR/CR.

Normally, they max it out at 150 drivers, so that mark was obviously missed.

This used to be a joint event between NER (who did the heavy lifting) and NNJR, and if you didn't register 10 minutes after reg opened, you were on the waitlist.

The event this year was only NER I think, as I am NNJR, and this was not on our HPDE schedule unless I missed it.

Totally 100% SUCKS!!!!!
The numbers were the reason for the cancellation. 61 included folks that did not confirm, and we knew many of them were not going to confirm. The confirmed number was 53. Unfortunately, we couldn't get more to join. Its a real shame. A lot of work goes into planning these events, but if no one wants to come.....

Totally 100% sucks!!!!! (Agreed)
Locker537 (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 06:25 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arethusa71
The numbers were the reason for the cancellation. 61 included folks that did not confirm, and we knew many of them were not going to confirm. The confirmed number was 53. Unfortunately, we couldn't get more to join. Its a real shame. A lot of work goes into planning these events, but if no one wants to come.....

Totally 100% sucks!!!!! (Agreed)
Arrggghhhhh…..
arethusa71 (06-17-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 09:43 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

I got the official e-mail from Keith Blatz this week stating that The Sommet des Legendes as well as the Classique d’Ete are cancelled for now as LCMT’s legal team is pondering going to the Superior Court , but apparently all the driving school events are still on schedule for now.
Some of the cars running during the Classique events where there is no sound restrictions are obnoxiously loud and i still can’t figure out why they haven’t put a “reasonable “ sound restriction like many of the large tracks in the US …
I’m sure that would help soothe some of the whining by the rich ******** that built million dollar homes around a race track that has been there forever.

As for the sound restriction rule , it would be the same for everybody so, everybody might be down on power on an equal level , and i’m sure the guys running the loud cars in the GT class could afford to have mufflers installed on their cars !

Just sayin …

Cheers
Phil
ProCoach (06-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Le Circuit Mount Tremblant down for the count?