Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Circuit Mount Tremblant down for the count?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 01:42 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,696 Posts
Default Le Circuit Mount Tremblant down for the count?

Got this from one of the event chairs for the terrific summer historic racing event held traditionally in July.

Sommet des Legendes event at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant:

We were informed this morning that the race track has exhausted all their legal options regarding the sound limit to continue racing at the track.

Therefore it’s with a very heavy heart our event, Sommet des Legends has been cancelled.

Unfortunately, the track does not know what the future may hold for racing at this historic venue. I am so very sorry this has happened.

The track had been very optimistic they would prevail on the on-going legal proceedings, unfortunately, they misjudged the climate in Mont Tremblant.

Thank you for your past support of this event and maybe we will be allowed to enjoy this great venue in the future.

All my best,
Cris Vandagriff

Damn…
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-10-2022, 01:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,437 Likes on 769 Posts

How do you say "f@cking yuppies and Karens" in French? GRRRRRRRR
The following 2 users liked this post by Veloce Raptor:
Deansdream (06-13-2022), Maxant13 (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 02:19 PM
Estoril
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Merde
Old 06-10-2022, 02:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 783 Likes on 508 Posts

This hurts. What a wonderful, historic track.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:22 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

I was really hoping to get to this track before this happened... Bummed...
Old 06-10-2022, 03:03 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
I was really hoping to get to this track before this happened... Bummed...
They are still hosting HPDE events at circuit Mont-Tremblant. But they just have a very strict dB limit (similar to Lime Rock). There are multiple microphones around the track and you'll get black flagged if you exceed it.

It will be my first time there with the "new" car this July. I'm hoping a turn down extension stuffed with steel wool will be enough. Fingers crossed.

>>the Sound Pressure Level limit is 92dBA, measured at 15m and perpendicular to the track.

Last edited by jjaisli; 06-10-2022 at 03:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jjaisli:
ProCoach (06-10-2022), sonorous (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 03:34 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
This hurts. What a wonderful, historic track.
We're still heading up with NER and the blues fest. I've done that early July DE with you before. Not this season for you guys?
Old 06-10-2022, 03:35 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Sonorous, plenty of room for the July 1-3th event. Better get on the bus before the bus goes away....
Old 06-10-2022, 03:47 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

I'd like to make a quick plug for the Boston BMW-CCA Bimmers Across the Border event at CMT July 29-31.

They've been hosting this event for years, great group of guys, but it's been cancelled the last two years due to COVID. I know they're really struggling with event attendance numbers this year so chances are we're going to end up with nice and comfortable (small) run groups. If anybody is interested. It's for intermediate and advanced drivers only.

Event Information (click)
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 03:56 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jjaisli
I'd like to make a quick plug for the Boston BMW-CCA Bimmers Across the Border event at CMT July 29-31.

They've been hosting this event for years, great group of guys, but it's been cancelled the last two years due to COVID. I know they're really struggling with event attendance numbers this year so chances are we're going to end up with nice and comfortable (small) run groups. If anybody is interested. It's for intermediate and advanced drivers only.

Event Information (click)
Damn, I'm at The Glen for a week straight with some Niagara and Metro buddies during that event or I'd do the Bimmer event as well.

I can't begin to tell you how much we've missed going up there the last 2 seasons.

And, just like BWM, the PCA event isn't recording record driver numbers either this season.

I know they (PCA) max it out at 150 drivers, 5 run groups of 30 and its instructed as well (or however the run group totals work out).
Up until this season, if you didn't register within a couple hours of reg opening, you were on the waitlist.
That was the one event I was refreshing Club Reg starting at 7:58pm so we never got shut out.

Now, it seems there are plenty of openings, which I am finding hard to believe.

For those who have never been to LCMT, you have no idea what you're missing. To me it's right up there with Watkins, VIR, Pitt, and COTA.

And the early July event coincides with the Blues Festival in the village, which is amazing in and of itself.

The only event that the entire family comes with me to, and I'm the only one driving on track, although Son # 2 and Daughter # 1 say they only go for the poutine....

Seriously, if you've never been, get signed up for one or both of these events. You will not regret it. One of the best tracks I've ever driven....

Last edited by dgrobs; 06-10-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,892 Likes on 1,696 Posts

It's a GREAT track, for sure. Sommets de Legendes has been an incredible historic racing event for the last twenty years. Worth every bit of travel.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:22 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
How do you say "f@cking yuppies and Karens" in French? GRRRRRRRR
Putain de yuppies et Karens (I think)....
Old 06-10-2022, 04:26 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
For those who have never been to LCMT, you have no idea what you're missing. To me it's right up there with Watkins, VIR, Pitt, and COTA.

And the early July event coincides with the Blues Festival in the village, which is amazing in and of itself.

The only event that the entire family comes with me to, and I'm the only one driving on track, although Son # 2 and Daughter # 1 say they only go for the poutine....

Seriously, if you've never been, get signed up for one or both of these events. You will not regret it. One of the best tracks I've ever driven....
I have to 2nd this. I fell in love with Circuit Mont-Tremblant years ago in a racing sim. That corner 1-2-3 complex was always a calamity and I remember thinking, it can't be this treacherous in real life. And then you drive it. LOL

For those who have never been there, imagine a long gradually sloping down hill front straight, similar to the Glen, but then it makes a right turn and goes up hill--lots of compression to help turn in (think T2 at the Glenn but tighter, narrower). But then suddenly you crest the top and you're at the apex for T2, just as your suspension is unloading and you start getting a bit loose as you track out to the curbring--which offers less grip than you'd hope for. And then you're back down hill again, more compression, through another blind corner, clipping the inside Apex at T3, accelerating furiously just as another hard right hander is coming up and you're hard on the brakes. What a thrill. And let's not even talk about going too deep into Namerow.

But I think part of what makes LCMT so special is that you wouldn't even know it's there. Mont-Tremblant is a resort town (Think vail in the summer) with plenty of places to stay, great food, family friendly activities. All just a few minutes outside the track entrance.

FWIW, if you like LCMT, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formally Mosport) is another great track north of the border with thrilling elevation changes.
The following 3 users liked this post by jjaisli:
dgrobs (06-10-2022), Matt Romanowski (06-10-2022), ProCoach (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 04:39 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jjaisli
I have to 2nd this. I fell in love with Circuit Mont-Tremblant years ago in a racing sim. That corner 1-2-3 complex was always a calamity and I remember thinking, it can't be this treacherous in real life. And then you drive it. LOL

For those who have never been there, imagine a long gradually sloping down hill front straight, similar to the Glen, but then it makes a right turn and goes up hill--lots of compression to help turn in (think T2 at the Glenn but tighter, narrower). But then suddenly you crest the top and you're at the apex for T2, just as your suspension is unloading and you start getting a bit loose as you track out to the curbring--which offers less grip than you'd hope for. And then you're back down hill again, more compression, through another blind corner, clipping the inside Apex at T3, accelerating furiously just as another hard right hander is coming up and you're hard on the brakes. What a thrill. And let's not even talk about going too deep into Namerow.

But I think part of what makes LCMT so special is that you wouldn't even know it's there. Mont-Tremblant is a resort town (Think vail in the summer) with plenty of places to stay, great food, family friendly activities. All just a few minutes outside the track entrance.

FWIW, if you like LCMT, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formally Mosport) is another great track north of the border with thrilling elevation changes.
Mosport, unfortunately, remains on my bucket list. Next season for sure. I'm going to do a full week there with maybe 5 or 6 days on track.

As for Namerow, that's the only place I've ever been "off" at Tremblant...3 times.
For some reason, I sometimes think I can go deeper in, and I do, until I don't, if that makes sense.
Always under hard braking there, so the offs weren't too deep off, but there is some runoff there, and that's a really good place for runoff to be.

Man, I am salivating just thinking about it. Been way too long. 3 weeks and counting........

Last edited by dgrobs; 06-10-2022 at 04:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jjaisli (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 04:41 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Sonorous, plenty of room for the July 1-3th event. Better get on the bus before the bus goes away....
Tempted, thanks... The problem for me this year is I have a racecar but no bus...

Quick Reply: Le Circuit Mount Tremblant down for the count?