Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 773 Likes on 505 Posts
Default Brake Pressure Sensors (2,000 psi) for AiM available

Brake pressure sensors have been a problem all year. I've put together these quality 2,000 psi pressure sensors. They feature the same Binder 719 connector, 1/8 NPT port, less than 1% full scale accuracy, and fully compatible with with brake fluid, motor oil, trans fluid, hydraulic fluid, and a host of others.

https://trailbrake.com/tb2000/

If you need oil pressure, I have quality sensors available for them as well https://trailbrake.com/trailbrake-15...essure-sensor/
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Romanowski:
924RACR (07-15-2022), zbomb (07-18-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 04:11 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,279 Likes on 1,711 Posts

I assume still no way to get an solo dl2 to read one of these?
Old 07-14-2022, 04:37 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
You may be able to, but it depends on your setup. I don't recommend it though as you spend the same money with more work as if you bought an MXm.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:26 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,879 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Nope.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-14-2022, 09:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Nope.
You can do it with an analog to CAN converter. I don't recommend it for most people, but I have a host of customers who it works for their situation.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:51 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
You can do it with an analog to CAN converter. I don't recommend it for most people, but I have a host of customers who it works for their situation.
Yes, AutoSport Labs AnalogX, AEM's 6 and 22 channel converters, there are things that can be made to work... As you say, it would cost more than a unit that accepts analog inputs, like the MXm. Then building an .xc1

I don't think I've ever seen it in the field, hence my answer.

Last edited by ProCoach; 07-14-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:14 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, AutoSport Labs AnalogX, AEM's 6 and 22 channel converters, there are things that can be made to work... As you say, it would cost more than a unit that accepts analog inputs, like the MXm. Then building an .xc1

I don't think I've ever seen it in the field, hence my answer.
I did it with one of the first AnalogX units shipped probably 5 years ago. It's not hard. With better solutions available like the CANchecked MCE18 that give 9 analog and 9 digital channels, there are much better solutions. I have bunch of customers doing it successfully because their application calls for it.

But, I don't want you to derail my thread. It took me a lot of work and weeks of planning to get these sensors together and available. Now all the people who have been waiting for brake pressure have a solution. A nice package went out to one of the Mazda teams today.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:02 AM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I've got a 997.1 cup with a can bridge going to an aim smarty cam GP. Currently using G forces to show braking since the car didn't come with brake pressure sensors when i bought it. Would this sensor work for my setup or do I need a different sensor?
Old 07-15-2022, 08:42 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by J. Kid
I've got a 997.1 cup with a can bridge going to an aim smarty cam GP. Currently using G forces to show braking since the car didn't come with brake pressure sensors when i bought it. Would this sensor work for my setup or do I need a different sensor?
Maybe. If you have a ECU bridge, then you need the data going into the ECU that the camera system is connected to.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:59 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by J. Kid
Yes, if you have a MoTeC or other logger in the car now.

You could add these sensors (would do two on a Cup car) to the MoTeC AN (analog) inputs to read and log.

To send that info to the SmartyCam, add the camera template (VCS_CompoundFull_Transmit) to the same CAN network as connected to the MS3 ECU for engine info in the MoTeC dash configuration.

Then, change the ECU Bridge config to look for the MoTeC VCS template and you would get throttle, brake, gear, steering (if it has a sensor for that) and other channels.

Simple, and quite common. PM me if you’d like directions.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:13 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Brake pressure sensors have been a problem all year. I've put together these quality 2,000 psi pressure sensors. They feature the same Binder 719 connector, 1/8 NPT port, less than 1% full scale accuracy, and fully compatible with with brake fluid, motor oil, trans fluid, hydraulic fluid, and a host of others.

https://trailbrake.com/tb2000/
Just placed an order. My AIM sensor failed last weekend, spraying SRF all over my SPB's front trunk.

Was in the process of piecing together a workaround with the AIM 160 bar sensor and a M10-to-1/8NPT adapter I found on Amazon. However, this looks like a much better solution.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillC3
Just placed an order. My AIM sensor failed last weekend, spraying SRF all over my SPB's front trunk.

Was in the process of piecing together a workaround with the AIM 160 bar sensor and a M10-to-1/8NPT adapter I found on Amazon. However, this looks like a much better solution.
Thanks! It will go right in, so real easy replacement with no adapters needed.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:37 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Yes, if you have a MoTeC or other logger in the car now.

You could add these sensors (would do two on a Cup car) to the MoTeC AN (analog) inputs to read and log.

To send that info to the SmartyCam, add the camera template (VCS_CompoundFull_Transmit) to the same CAN network as connected to the MS3 ECU for engine info in the MoTeC dash configuration.

Then, change the ECU Bridge config to look for the MoTeC VCS template and you would get throttle, brake, gear, steering (if it has a sensor for that) and other channels.

Simple, and quite common. PM me if you’d like directions.
yes I have the standard Motec ADL2. I see the obvious location to plug in the sensor to the master cylinder output. Currently I have a plug in one of the 3 outputs. What is less clear to me is where to connect the wires.

I have this bundle of wires next to my master cylinders. I'll put in an order for 2 of these sensors. Braking at or near the limit in this car has been the most difficult transition coming from an Abs equipped street GT3. I'm hoping these sensors and the data they provide will help me as I progressively explore the limits. Thanks for the help!

This is the bunch of wires. Based on proximity to master cylinder I'm hoping these are what I need to connect to the Motec. Also in the pic is the red cap for plugging in the sensor.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:20 PM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

A follow-up on Matt's sensor:

I received the sensor very quickly -- it shipped the same day I placed the order. The sensor screwed right into place, and plugged right in. It works exactly as described.

However, there are two minor caveats: First, the sensor is nearly 2" longer than the AIM sensor, so you need to make sure you have space for it. Second, this sensor takes 5V power, unlike the AIM sensor which takes 12V power -- this is not a problem if you are connecting it to an AIM system, since the AIM wiring supplies both voltages. However, I am running a VBox HD2 with a micro input module and had only connected the 12V wire (red) to the sensor. I called Matt and left a message, he called me back rather quickly (on a Saturday!) and confirmed the sensor needs 5V; once I hooked up the 5V wire (blue), everything worked as expected.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (07-25-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 01:17 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Will be hooking this sensor up to my cup loom to feed into motec. Plan is to cut off the 4 pin Aim connector and separate the wires. Matt could you confirm:
1. Which color wires on these sensors are for a) power. b) ground. c) Signal.
2. There is a 0-2000psi calibration tables in motec. Can I assume the output is linear for these sensors
3. I'm assuming 0 volts=0psi. What is the voltage output of the sensor for 2000psi?

Quick Reply: Brake Pressure Sensors (2,000 psi) for AiM available