Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the sport in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 08:29 PM
SFR99
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mishandled for sure but don’t be so naive to think they got this worked up out of nowhere. Both were on track with Black and saw the things they were berating people about.

Again, not handled correctly but to suggest it was a run-of-the-mill group would be silly considering the reaction it provoked.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:42 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Ran with them at Thompson. It was well organised and the run groups were well represented. They have a good drivers meeting stressing safety and doing the right things on the track. As with most private geoups the tech is self inspect.

There will probably be a wide range of cars in your group so there may be some experienced drivers in slower cars. 7 sessions should be lots of track time. Wish i could make it that weekend.
Thanks much, I reached out to the organizers and was told I'd be in the advanced group. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's me
Last I looked at the schedule it had changed to four 30min and one 20min run at day's end. Plenty for me.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
As a former NNJR member (21 years ago now! wow...), born and raised in NJ, and where my wife and I started out in our track driving "career"...I can certainly say that most people from outside the Northeast tend to feel a bit out of place at any NNJR, CVR, Reisentoter (sp), Metro NY, etc. event. Heck...people from outside the NE feel out of place just getting a slice of pizza up there! I never understood it at all until I moved away. Never noticed it. Its more that Northeast people are abrupt and to the point. They tell it like it is. No sugar coating. And many have relatively short tempers. I'm still like that (sometimes scares people down here...they used to say "uh oh, Bob's going Jersey on us"...) lol. Nadine says I've mellowed... I don't agree damnit!
Are you saying that what is good for PCA is good for the rest of the country? Almost sounds like Khalifornia with its recommendations; cars, bacon, etc.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:37 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,283 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Thanks much, I reached out to the organizers and was told I'd be in the advanced group. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's me
Last I looked at the schedule it had changed to four 30min and one 20min run at day's end. Plenty for me.

enjoy, thats a much better schedule for the wg.
The following users liked this post:
gbuff (10-13-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 11:24 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Would love to have you. VIR end of October maybe?

IIRC, your PCA National Instructor number lets you instruct with any PCA region, IIRC.
Hi B, this is incorrect.

The PCA National Instructor number is a valuable credential, but it’s always the decision of the region to determine whether they accept an instructor. The credential is not a guarantee of acceptance (although in many cases it works as you say). When I do an instructor training this is explicitly stated (as I did last weekend at Roebling for Florida Citrus Region).

The CDI (or region decision maker) has the right to accept or refuse any instructor including those with a PCA National Instr number.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:22 AM
hbdunn
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 376 Posts

I may go on Friday. Have done maybe 10 days with them. Never seen anything too crazy. I like the guys running it and you will see a wide variety of cars.

Last edited by hbdunn; 10-13-2022 at 01:32 AM.
gbuff (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 05:11 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

I'm looking at the Friday also if the weather is decent, early reports are mentioning the S word
Old 10-13-2022, 08:14 AM
ruth
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

To add to the feeling of “not welcoming”, is there a reason that NNJR ( and I am told,Riesentoter) will only allow those who have registered to see who is attending?
Old 10-13-2022, 10:17 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 570 Posts

^ruth, many clubs keep those “un-view-able” for privacy reasons. Insurance companies are known to scan them and there are many other reasons why people may not want their plans available to be seen by the public.
ProCoach (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:32 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Originally Posted by ruth
To add to the feeling of “not welcoming”, is there a reason that NNJR ( and I am told,Riesentoter) will only allow those who have registered to see who is attending?
Add to the feeling of not welcoming? Huh? What?

Privacy, insurance, liability, premiums, too many other reasons to list. etc.

Has nothing to do with welcoming or not welcoming. I know for a fact that NNJR and RTR are both very welcoming regions to out of region drivers and instructors as I run with both regularly and have never felt anything but welcomed and valued, both as an instructor and driver.

Has to do with protecting your registrants privacy.

If you’re not registered for an event, why do you need to know who’s attending? Were you looking up any names in particular? Why?

All about privacy and protecting your drivers info.

NNJR and RTR, as well as every other region that doesn’t make their roster public unless you are registered for that event, does it to keep confidential info private.

I’d be hesitant to register for an event that lets non registered people see drivers names, cars, run groups, status, etc.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:44 AM
ruth
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Understood, but it sometimes helps to know who is going to help make a decision.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:44 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Add to the feeling of not welcoming? Huh? What?

Privacy, insurance, liability, premiums, too many other reasons to list. etc.

Has nothing to do with welcoming or not welcoming. I know for a fact that NNJR and RTR are both very welcoming regions to out of region drivers and instructors as I run with both regularly and have never felt anything but welcomed and valued, both as an instructor and driver.

Has to do with protecting your registrants privacy.

If you’re not registered for an event, why do you need to know who’s attending? Were you looking up any names in particular? Why?

All about privacy and protecting your drivers info.

NNJR and RTR, as well as every other region that doesn’t make their roster public unless you are registered for that event, does it to keep confidential info private.

I’d be hesitant to register for an event that lets non registered people see drivers names, cars, run groups, status, etc.
Huh? You better not sign up for a club race event then.
Paddy (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 11:13 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Huh? You better not sign up for a club race event then.
Exactly. Besides, you can register but not pay. Can always cancel, but that gives you access to the list of attendees. Seems like a lot of extra steps, and might take away an open spot for a while if you really don't plan on going.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:53 AM
hbdunn
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 376 Posts

I'm looking at the Friday also if the weather is decent, early reports are mentioning the S word
55 and mostly cloudy right now.
There is a discount code for Friday. If you don't have it let me know.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,383 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Not a fan of people relentlessly ****ting on a region because of "something they didn't like".

Take it up with the region's leadership, amd if you don't get a resolution, drive with another region or club. We all have choices.

What you may not like may be what other people prefer.

There is no reason for anyone to be treated unfair or poorly, but this thread is devolving into stupidity.
erliuic (10-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Is the sport in trouble