Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Race @ VIR 24-26MAR23

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 07:44 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

It was great seeing your 911Cup car on the track. It’s a real head turner. Great driving too! see you at Lime Rock

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I had a lot of fun in what I consider my first real race in 911Cup. VIR is such a big boy track and we kept trying to dial in the suspension to get more speed in the climbing esses.

I'm still working out issues in the car but a wonky fuel pump had me down on power in Sprint 1 and 2. The fan belt popping off was also a problem and put an end to my enduro about an hour in. A few other little issues but I have confidence that Speedsport Tuning are going to work out the last few issues. These cars are always a work in progress!

I was happy to get my first 911Cup podium with a P2 during the wet Sprint 1. Looking forward to the Lime Rock Park club race. Man, these cars are fun to drive!

My best lap of the weekend - I was glad to get down into the 2:11s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECAR...noreLuigiVampa

Sprint 1 rain race - P2 in class and P3 overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sgr...noreLuigiVampa
The following users liked this post:
LuigiVampa (03-29-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 10:18 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

Here are a couple short vids from the Yellow Enduro. The fist is the purple lap for that race only because I was chasing Mr. Matt, with the draft, fresher tires, and a clear track after we got away on the first yellow-flag restart. Matt is a master.

The second is the start of the Enduro and "getting by Ryan". Ryan embodies driving a very wide car without blocking.

Last edited by Difool; 03-29-2023 at 10:22 PM.
ProCoach (04-03-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 10:19 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I had a lot of fun in what I consider my first real race in 911Cup. VIR is such a big boy track and we kept trying to dial in the suspension to get more speed in the climbing esses.

I'm still working out issues in the car but a wonky fuel pump had me down on power in Sprint 1 and 2. The fan belt popping off was also a problem and put an end to my enduro about an hour in. A few other little issues but I have confidence that Speedsport Tuning are going to work out the last few issues. These cars are always a work in progress!

I was happy to get my first 911Cup podium with a P2 during the wet Sprint 1. Looking forward to the Lime Rock Park club race. Man, these cars are fun to drive!

My best lap of the weekend - I was glad to get down into the 2:11s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECAR...noreLuigiVampa

Sprint 1 rain race - P2 in class and P3 overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sgr...noreLuigiVampa
im def not a professional coach but was curious if you ever tried moving closer to the steering wheel? Your arms look almost locked out and putting pressure on your wrists. Just an observation i noticed but could be the angle. Love the way the car sounds, my dream is to get in one of these cars one day!

Last edited by ajcjr; 03-29-2023 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 11:35 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
im def not a professional coach but was curious if you ever tried moving closer to the steering wheel? Your arms look almost locked out and putting pressure on your wrists. Just an observation i noticed but could be the angle. Love the way the car sounds, my dream is to get in one of these cars one day!
You are not incorrect. My seat is where it needs to be for the pedals but probably puts me just slightly further away from the steering wheel than I would like to be. Not much - but having the wheel a little closer might be nice in the turns.

These cars are magic.
ajcjr (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 11:33 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 154 Posts

These cars are magic.
Yes they are!! Glad you're having so much fun; you're a great addition to the class. Its pretty cool to see so much renewed interest in these analog cars. We've got something special happening ...
Old 03-30-2023, 12:27 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
Yes they are!! Glad you're having so much fun; you're a great addition to the class. Its pretty cool to see so much renewed interest in these analog cars. We've got something special happening ...
I appreciate the kind words and glad to be one of the group.

As a further endorsement for the 911Cup class, and in addition to being able to drive this awesome car, the other big plus are the other drivers. As I entered this class the other drivers have been nothing but supportive with their knowledge. It really is a great group of people and there is a lot of camaraderie.

This is actual video of how 911Cup recruits new drivers:

Old 03-30-2023, 12:32 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

You are not incorrect. My seat is where it needs to be for the pedals but probably puts me just slightly further away from the steering wheel than I would like to be. Not much - but having the wheel a little closer might be nice in the turns.
#steeringwheelhubspacer

I appreciate the kind words and glad to be one of the group... the other big plus are the other drivers. As I entered this class the other drivers have been nothing but supportive with their knowledge. It really is a great group of people and there is a lot of camaraderie.
That's a lot of warmth and emoting. I'm worried about you. Did you bang your head over the weekend?

Last edited by jdistefa; 03-30-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:38 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Difool
Here are a couple short vids from the Yellow Enduro. The fist is the purple lap for that race only because I was chasing Mr. Matt, with the draft, fresher tires, and a clear track after we got away on the first yellow-flag restart.
Hella good drive EH. One tenth off the class track record. I expect you to break into the 2:03s next year

Matt is a cheater.
FIFY
Old 03-30-2023, 12:43 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
That's a lot of warmth and emoting. I'm worried about you. Did you bang your head over the weekend?
I'm eating chocolate, watching soap operas, and feeling a little vulnerable, so I might be getting my period.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:52 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

I'm eating chocolate, watching soap operas, and feeling a little vulnerable, so I might be getting my period.
I'm heading right over for snuggles.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:08 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

hahaha I’m kidding I’m kidding. We’ll have him back by tonight.

This is actual video of how 911Cup recruits new drivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyc...nnyFrickinRico
Old 03-30-2023, 02:50 PM
rmag
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Here are a couple short vids from the Yellow Enduro. The fist is the purple lap for that race only because I was chasing Mr. Matt, with the draft, fresher tires, and a clear track after we got away on the first yellow-flag restart. Matt is a master.

The second is the start of the Enduro and "getting by Ryan". Ryan embodies driving a very wide car without blocking.
Great speed thru south bend! I realized after the first 2 laps you were on way fresher tires. Didn't bother making my car "wider" at that point.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:58 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

These cars are magic.
do they run them at the lime rock race, going to get up there to check out some pca racing.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:02 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
do they run them at the lime rock race, going to get up there to check out some pca racing.
Absolutely - we should have 15 cars in the paddock
ajcjr (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 08:44 AM
PhillyGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Here is my Sprint 2, first race weekend. Oil on the track, yellow flags at south bend- all freaked me out. Sloppy over all but had a blast.

(And I know, the video is too long, I don't know how to edit the damn thing)

Thank you, Luigi, for your advice and help throughout the weekend!

#Speedsport4eva
The following 2 users liked this post by PhillyGT3:
LuigiVampa (03-31-2023), ProCoach (04-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Club Race @ VIR 24-26MAR23