CVR Club Race @ LRP scheduled April 19-20, 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:19 AM
Lisaparker
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default CVR Club Race @ LRP scheduled April 19-20, 2024

Registration open March 4, 2024!
Three Sprint Races with a Vintage/Air cooled Run Group!
Looking forward to a fun-filled event with great racing!

The following 2 users liked this post by Lisaparker:
Driver8 (03-03-2024), Gary R. (03-06-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 11:28 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 920 Posts

And no snow!
The following users liked this post:
Jared Rodeheaver (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:47 PM
FilthyF14
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

VIR race chair here....... I'd be very interested in hearing how the car count goes for LRP. VIR is down 30+ plus cars compared to last year. I heard Sebring was down about 40. I think VIR, LRP and RA all within 30 days of each other is part of the problem. Though a calendar solution between three tracks is a huge challenge. VIR is booked every day from the end of FEB until DEC........
Old 03-04-2024, 08:36 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisaparker
Registration open March 4, 2024!
Three Sprint Races with a Vintage/Air cooled Run Group!
Looking forward to a fun-filled event with great racing!
Count me in!
Old 03-05-2024, 05:30 PM
erliuic
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Art and I are in! GTB1 is up to 9!
Old 03-06-2024, 05:00 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 154 Posts

Decent start for LRP! 42 racers registered already; last year, the race had 106 drivers.

CUP numbers will definitely improve quite a bit over the next few weeks ...
Old 03-06-2024, 06:23 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 145 Posts

signed up
Old 03-06-2024, 06:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I'm not naming any names, but I just want to make sure that everyone knows what it looks like when the race starts. Again, not naming any names of those who don't know when the race actually starts. Totally wouldn't do that!

Last edited by LuigiVampa; 03-06-2024 at 07:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Matt Romanowski (03-06-2024), Steve113 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 01:37 PM
Jared Rodeheaver
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll be there. First Race so hopefully I have some of that beginners luck!
Old 03-11-2024, 04:49 PM
erliuic
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jared Rodeheaver
I'll be there. First Race so hopefully I have some of that beginners luck!
Good luck!
Jared Rodeheaver (03-11-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 10:57 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

If you haven’t registered for the Lime Rock Park club race yet let me provide some additional information.

The LRP club race features THREE SPRINTS and all races count for points! If you are one of those brave souls who wrenches their own car, and doesn’t have a pit crew to help with an enduro pit stop, here is your chance to drive three races in one weekend.

In addition, due to Lime Rock’s “no racing on Sunday” restriction all races will take place on Saturday, so you don’t have to mess up your whole weekend, or better yet, you can use Sunday to explore beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut!

If you have never been to LRP before you should consider driving this historic track. The good news is that the track is very easy to learn, being only 1.5 miles long. While it is easy to learn you can spend the rest of your racing career trying to get it right! Don’t be intimidated by the “Bull Ring”. If you mess up a corner you have another chance to work on it about a minute later!

Another big plus this year is that we are going to have some nice trophies! If you have been on Rennlist longer than 5 minutes you may be aware of my fondness for trophies. My company is going to be a trophy sponsor so please remember to talk real estate taxation with me for a minute or so at the track so that I can justify the expense. While the desire to win a trophy probably stems from not being hugged enough as a child, I know most racers do like a nice memory of a hard-fought podium!

The trophies are still in production but here is a picture of what they will look like:

Friday - Two practice sessions and qualifying – 25 minutes for each session

Saturday – 15 minute warmup; following by THREE SPRINTS which are 35 minutes in length

If you are looking for practice time, there is a HPDE held by the Connecticut Valley Region, on April 18. Registration is on ClubRegistration.net. While Friday and Saturday of the Club Race are unmuffled, this DE event is muffled, so cars must meet the sound limit.

There are plenty of really nice restaurants as well as places to stay. Lime Rock’s website does a good job talking up the other cool things to do in the area - https://limerock.com/know-the-area/places-to-stay/

If I can help anyone thinking about attending this race for the first time feel free to reach out by PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Jared Rodeheaver (03-12-2024), Steve113 (03-18-2024), will968 (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 11:28 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 778 Likes on 506 Posts

Sounds like a winner. I might even come down to bring you swedish fish. And for important things, if someone builds a trophy corner into their property to house said trophy, is there nexus for a taxation event?
Old 03-12-2024, 12:36 PM
M13S
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Is this Unmuffled?
993944S2 (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 12:40 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Sounds like a winner. I might even come down to bring you swedish fish. And for important things, if someone builds a trophy corner into their property to house said trophy, is there nexus for a taxation event?
If the trophies are related to a business than that trophy corner could be a write-off!

You had me at swedish fish.

Originally Posted by M13S
Is this Unmuffled?
Friday and Saturday are both unmuffled - no restrictions!
M13S (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 03:31 PM
erliuic
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
If you haven’t registered for the Lime Rock Park club race yet let me provide some additional information.

The LRP club race features THREE SPRINTS and all races count for points! If you are one of those brave souls who wrenches their own car, and doesn’t have a pit crew to help with an enduro pit stop, here is your chance to drive three races in one weekend.

In addition, due to Lime Rock’s “no racing on Sunday” restriction all races will take place on Saturday, so you don’t have to mess up your whole weekend, or better yet, you can use Sunday to explore beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut!

If you have never been to LRP before you should consider driving this historic track. The good news is that the track is very easy to learn, being only 1.5 miles long. While it is easy to learn you can spend the rest of your racing career trying to get it right! Don’t be intimidated by the “Bull Ring”. If you mess up a corner you have another chance to work on it about a minute later!

Another big plus this year is that we are going to have some nice trophies! If you have been on Rennlist longer than 5 minutes you may be aware of my fondness for trophies. My company is going to be a trophy sponsor so please remember to talk real estate taxation with me for a minute or so at the track so that I can justify the expense. While the desire to win a trophy probably stems from not being hugged enough as a child, I know most racers do like a nice memory of a hard-fought podium!

The trophies are still in production but here is a picture of what they will look like:

Friday - Two practice sessions and qualifying – 25 minutes for each session

Saturday – 15 minute warmup; following by THREE SPRINTS which are 35 minutes in length

If you are looking for practice time, there is a HPDE held by the Connecticut Valley Region, on April 18. Registration is on ClubRegistration.net. While Friday and Saturday of the Club Race are unmuffled, this DE event is muffled, so cars must meet the sound limit.

There are plenty of really nice restaurants as well as places to stay. Lime Rock’s website does a good job talking up the other cool things to do in the area - https://limerock.com/know-the-area/places-to-stay/

If I can help anyone thinking about attending this race for the first time feel free to reach out by PM.
OK this is better than the picture frame from a couple years ago...

Quick Reply: CVR Club Race @ LRP scheduled April 19-20, 2024