997 with PSAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 997 with PSAM

Has anyone tracked a 997S with PSAM and if so is the suspension stiff enough or do you think aftermarket would be necessary?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry for the typo that should have been PASM. Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 01:32 AM
henry_fr8
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi trj, i have a 997S and have done a couple of track days at sepang in malaysia. as this is the first porsche i have ever owned, i have found it to be excellent around the track in the sport suspension mode. i find the sport mode too harsh for everyday use on singapore roads. the nose bounces on normal roads but not on the track. sports moe definitely makes the 997S feel planted on the track. my only problem is the car is a tiptronic hence i have to downshift earlier so the engine braking does not upset the balance of the car prior to turn in. also the the camber is set for road, i am getting a lot of wear on the tyres' outter edges from hard cornering. otherwise the 997S is a great fun car to drive, road or track. if you really want to track a lot, get the sport suspension package for the 997S at no extra cost and then you'll be able to modify it. not sure if things will still work as porsche intended if you modify the PASM suspension with aftermarket equipment. otherwise, buy the 997 GT3, details of which has just been released.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Yes, car is excellent, very responsive. In Sport mode the throttle input is VERY crisp, and it stiffens the car up well. If you are fairly new to the track it will be a looong time before you need to modify anything.

Quick Reply: 997 with PSAM