Sponsored by:

Milka Duno interviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Milka Duno interviews

Is it just me, or does anyone else keep expecting her to throw her arms in the air, shimmy, and say "Coochi-Coochi"...
Old 05-27-2007, 05:36 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You nailed it exactly. Even my wife laughed when I read your post to her.

Steve
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She doesn't??????????????
Old 05-28-2007, 01:42 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Before you mock her, think about what it takes to qualify for Indy. I have a lot of track and race miles, and would decline that opportunity. Even the 33rd qualifier is a better driver tahn 99% of us. AS
Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 AM
esscape26
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this type of remark could be described as one of the "ist" adjectives, but I know those old protest terms are not taken seriously anymore, so instead I will say the remarks are unnecessary.

PM
Old 05-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Before you mock her, think about what it takes to qualify for Indy. I have a lot of track and race miles, and would decline that opportunity. Even the 33rd qualifier is a better driver tahn 99% of us. AS
Hi Alexander

I do respect that. I'm not sure I could turn left at 200 mph, (but I can dive into Turn 1 at Daytona at 145.)

She was doing the Skippy series when I started out. She had hired Vic Elford full-time to be her personal coach for the year.

My comment had nothing to do with her skills, just the way she presents herself on camera.

Originally Posted by esscape26
I think this type of remark could be described as one of the "ist" adjectives, but I know those old protest terms are not taken seriously anymore, so instead I will say the remarks are unnecessary.

PM

You mean "humorist" or "charichaturist"?

I'm confident you respect my right to have an opinion, make an observation or tell a joke.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see the PC Police are out in full force!

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds-forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick-up a turd by the clean end".

Have a nice holiday!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:31 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ditto on that!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

And she drives too. I bet her tire 'Rack' shakes nicely when under speed. Coochi! Coochi!

Originally Posted by: Bull
pick-up a turd by the clean end".
I tried it with my children. It doesn't work.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds-forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick-up a turd by the clean end".
Nominated for quote of the year....
Old 05-28-2007, 01:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I meet Milka , This year @ homestead during the DP race , I'm very concerned about anyone racing in an open wheel oval series , it still appeals to me as the height of stupidity , motor racing is inherently dangerous , oval racing is inherently dangerous with stupidity attached ,,,, she should only do INDY and then get out ,
what a gorgeous woman.... Milka's presence and money would be more appreciated in Sportcars ...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:39 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Nominated for quote of the year....
I'll second the nomination !!!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Milka's job in sports car racing is to NOT GO A LAP DOWN before here team mate gets in the car! Hey she's nice to look at, but give me a break there are way more qualified people to get that drive she just has MONEY and a driver suit that fits different than mine. Now before you flame me I'm not against female driver I've raced with plenty and been beat by plenty.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
It takes a pile of Hugo Chvez's oil money to get there. She shouldn't be allowed to drive based on that IMO. You can argue that not one of us is more talented but there are dozens, maybe 100's of up and coming driver's who are.

And I honestly can say that I know many, many of the guys here on the list and in PCA racing that are more talented, they may not have had the opportunity or funds to get to that level though.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:21 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
It takes a pile of Hugo Chvez's oil money to get there. She shouldn't be allowed to drive based on that IMO. You can argue that not one of us is more talented but there are dozens, maybe 100's of up and coming driver's who are.

And I honestly can say that I know many, many of the guys here on the list and in PCA racing that are more talented, they may not have had the opportunity or funds to get to that level though.
While it can often be difficult to compare ourselves to pros, there are many opportunities with Milka. In DP (and some other places) you can find guys that many of us have raced against (mostly SCCA) who routinely beat her. That can give a pretty good indication of how our racing talent lines up against hers. I believe that if you took the top 20-30 racers on this board, she would fare no better than mid-pack.

Quick Reply: Milka Duno interviews