Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gingerman Club Race, who is going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:17 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gingerman Club Race, who is going?

Who from rennlist is going to the g-man club race? I will be there, I see some familiar names signed up! I hope it fills up a little more....come on J class cars, please come out to play.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Mo, I will be at gingerman for DE and I am toying with the idea of modding the GT3 for J. What mods do you think it needs to be competitive? Also can i run with my alcon floating rotors or would I need to revert to stock?

PS I manged 2:34 at RA in the end

Last edited by rabjohns; 06-27-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: got it wrong
Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mo-

You know Tristan, Dave M, Brian and I are already signed up. Oscar might be able to squeeze it in and Ben G may join the Club Racing ranks during that weekend in South Haven (another G Class 964).

Thursday night at the Idler? Let's see if we can outdo the KC's Steak House experience.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
944TURBOS
Racer

Originally Posted by rabjohns
Mo, I will be at gingerman for DE and I am toying with the idea of modding the GT3 for J. What mods do you think it needs to be competitive? Also can i run with my alcon floating rotors or would I need to revert to stock?

PS I manged 1:34 at RA in the end
Well congrats on the time. That is fast, you are on your way to kickin J class butt already. As far as modding goes, the cars really do not need much at all. The floating rotors will have to go because we can not run them in J stock. All i have for performance is the muffler bypass pipes and the ltw flywheel (which they allowed this year, so most of us did it in the off season). The ltw flywheel does make a big difference, more so than I thought. I have motons (not sure if you do or not), which made a difference as well, but if you are just starting off they might not be necessary. I did not get much quicker times, more like 1 or maybe 2 secs (at the most) from them, but what I got was a more predictable car and one that inspired more confidence (this will go a long way when making moves in racing).

You will also be required to run a full cage now. So that will be the big thing. It is the step that will make the car much much less of a street car and primarily a track toy. There are small other things you need, like a kill switch, window net, fire extinguisher, and a transponder (PCA club racing will send you this). I think you will have a blast and the more J class cars we can have the better! So I say DO IT!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
944TURBOS
Racer

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
Mo-

You know Tristan, Dave M, Brian and I are already signed up. Oscar might be able to squeeze it in and Ben G may join the Club Racing ranks during that weekend in South Haven (another G Class 964).

Thursday night at the Idler? Let's see if we can outdo the KC's Steak House experience.
Joe,
Ya I saw you guys signed up! Was waiting for oscar to sign up too. Hoping he makes it! I think Ben should def join (hope you read this Ben). Gingerman would be the perfect first race for him too.

As far as toping KC's Steak House hahaha! I was about to say thats going to be hard to do, but being that it is the Idler during summer vacation season, I am thinking we should have little to no problem topping KC's....I am looking forward to it. See you guys there.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by 944TURBOS
Joe,
Ya I saw you guys signed up! Was waiting for oscar to sign up too. Hoping he makes it! I think Ben should def join (hope you read this Ben). Gingerman would be the perfect first race for him too.

As far as toping KC's Steak House hahaha! I was about to say thats going to be hard to do, but being that it is the Idler during summer vacation season, I am thinking we should have little to no problem topping KC's....I am looking forward to it. See you guys there.
Still on the fence. I'd like for it to be my first race, and the car is ready... Just not sure the nut behind the wheel is.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Azikara
Instructor

Have to fix my wheel bearing still. Anyone have a wheel bearing puller in Chicago??
Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

come on...this is looking like its going to be a small showing! G class looks like you guys got some nice numbers...I need some more J class cars to run with or I am going to have to start thinking of moving into a new class!!! G would be my first choice
Old 06-14-2008, 01:15 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Default Thursday Night Schedule

Will be my first time at Gingerman. Hope you dont mind if I invite myself to the Idler Thursday night. What time do the festivities start?

Do any of you guys have a video of a lap at Gingerman?
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Chulo
Racer

come on...this is looking like its going to be a small showing! G class looks like you guys got some nice numbers...I need some more J class cars to run with or I am going to have to start thinking of moving into a new class!!! G would be my first choice
Mo - G is for pansies... You wouldn't have a good time there. Our cars aren't fast enough. J is where it's at... really.

Unless of course, you're gonna co-drive my car in the Enduro.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:36 PM
944TURBOS
Racer

Originally Posted by 230ERACER
Will be my first time at Gingerman. Hope you dont mind if I invite myself to the Idler Thursday night. What time do the festivities start?

Do any of you guys have a video of a lap at Gingerman?
come down to the idler, just be prepared to have a rough start friday morning...joe will likely initiate conversations with the female population and keep us out there till 2 or 3am....but hey friday is just test and tune right

Ben....don't tempt me haha...I have been considering working something out about either going to G seriously, or driving spec mx5.....no one likes to play in J class! I would go to spec mx5 but I would miss all of you guys too much!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Chulo
Racer

come down to the idler, just be prepared to have a rough start friday morning...joe will likely initiate conversations with the female population and keep us out there till 2 or 3am....but hey friday is just test and tune right

Ben....don't tempt me haha...I have been considering working something out about either going to G seriously, or driving spec mx5.....no one likes to play in J class! I would go to spec mx5 but I would miss all of you guys too much!
Just swap cars with your Dad... His car would be a great G car. I'd love to see you and Tristan go at it. You guys would make us all step up our game.

I think GT3s are just too pricey for most, and once you get them competitive, you might as well buy a cuppie. There you go, Mo... GTC3/4/A ???
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here you go, Wayne!
Gingerman Video

Yes, c'mon over to G class, Mo. The four of us who currently race are also using the same tires, so we're trying to even things out and make it more about driver ability (like the spec miatas).

Ben, I don't see your name on the list yet.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Joe, Mo,

I met Wayne-O at the Glen earlier this month. Awesome guy! I wish i could be there with all of you out at Gingerman! Good luck out there.

Fred
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Fred. I've been communicating offline with Wayne.

Quick Reply: Gingerman Club Race, who is going?