Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but it might as well have been. Had a little failure in the steering rack believe it or not. I turned right and the car turned left.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
No but it might as well have been. Had a little failure in the steering rack believe it or not. I turned right and the car turned left.
Damn 911s! Of course it did....if the engine were in the front, it would have turned right. Everyone knows that!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:45 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MTosi

It took me a minute to figure out who that was, its still hard to recognize your car under all the krylon black . I say you put your money where your mouth is and don't just give me a ride, you let me drive your car, then you can report back to all these fine people on what sort of driver I am after I beat you ...
Thats friggin fiberglass you dork. You want to drive my car? You better bring some sponshorship $$$ boy. And lots of em. And some really friendly college girls. Catch my drift and I might let you catch one of mine.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
jester911
Drifting

Well it turned left and swapped ends. So I went off down the hill backwards. Damned rear engined beast.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
Well it turned left and swapped ends. So I went off down the hill backwards. Damned rear engined beast.
Well, at that point it would have gone right if you turned right!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
jester911
Drifting

I am so confused.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by RJay
Thats friggin fiberglass you dork. You want to drive my car? You better bring some sponshorship $$$ boy. And lots of em. And some really friendly college girls. Catch my drift and I might let you catch one of mine.
I'm under contract from Auto Technica and they don't let me drive for other sponsors, they won't sponsor the car unless they have prepped it and unfortunatly since I beat the owner he refuses to get me a good ride and I can't help you on the friendly college girl's either, my school is like 75/25 male/female, I have to leave campus and go after the locals, far hotter and plentiful, I just never inquire about age All I can offer team Ron is my charming personality, lighting fast driving, and maybe some suggestions on paint shops.....
Old 06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Is that school in Missouri per chance?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Is that school in Missouri per chance?
Nah, New Hampshire, I commute to school so it doesn't bother me that much, but you wouldn't catch me dead living on campus with that type of percentage
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm under contract from Auto Technica and they don't let me drive for other sponsors, they won't sponsor the car unless they have prepped it and unfortunatly since I beat the owner he refuses to get me a good ride and I can't help you on the friendly college girl's either, my school is like 75/25 male/female, I have to leave campus and go after the locals, far hotter and plentiful, I just never inquire about age All I can offer team Ron is my charming personality, lighting fast driving, and maybe some suggestions on paint shops.....
Then I'm afraid your just going to have to get that Yugo and impress Flavio. Either that or find a way to bring back some truly superior locals. Whats that they say up there, 'try to Live for Free and you'll Die trying.'
Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,950 Likes on 1,745 Posts

this thread has convinced me to not get new Fiat 500. I was going to call it Luigi... sad really...

Now look what you've done. The amount of HWFMR posters on this thread is incredibly high. Your chuming the waters for those guys. They live for this ****!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to leave campus and go after the locals, far hotter
Remember, as noted earlier, this is a bar. Therefore:

Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by flight747
this thread has convinced me to not get new Fiat 500. I was going to call it Luigi... sad really...
Hey, while growing up in Italy we had the "original" Fiat 500. That was the car of the time..... definetly a rear engine classic......
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Azikara
Instructor

Here's some essential reading for you then...something I wrote a while back

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...highlight=duck
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Azikara
Here's some essential reading for you then...something I wrote a while back

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...highlight=duck

Funny, what is it about Pelican that gets us early 911 drivers to wax so eloquently there.

Heres what I wrote about my car in '05. over there. It still sums it up, except that in the end I couldn't resist a little more tire.
Originally Posted by RJay
...my attraction to the early car was very different and really quite simple. I wanted a light, visceral, scary, nasty, feels like an accomplishment to drive track only car which blended the best in modern technology in construction and componentry, but without anything to interfere with the sensory experience. No power steering, no ABS, no PSM, no sound deadening, etc. I've so far resisted the urge for more rubber just to be able to savor the thrill of more attainable slip angles. For me, I could care less about any correctness or estectic issues outside of the pure driving experience. I want the car to feel and perform a certain way. Some might consider my interpretation to be illegitimate or mundane. But I'd urge you to consider that what we are witnessing here verges on a social movement. That so many are recasting these cars in so many interesting and different ways, is itself the ultimate tribute to the 911's character. It is a proof point that these cars were and continue to be an extraordinary and incredibly flexible design, simple in conception and execution, yet incredibly rich in potential and flexibility. I think thats worthy of celebration...
And I fully agree with the primary assertion of your ancient post, the physics of rear engined car are undeniable. Thanks...

Quick Reply: Having now driven a 911, I have to ask why would you ever want to race one????