Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagles Canyon w/NASA Oct11&12, Tracknotes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eagles Canyon w/NASA Oct11&12, Tracknotes?

Anyone here doing Eagles Canyon with NASA Oct11&12?

I have not been there. I did find some good video at youtube, but would love to see tracknotes, if any of you guys have them.

I'd read about some issues with the paving. Do you know if they've sorted out the surface problems?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Mark, apparently the pavement has been fixed very well. I can write up some notes & email them to you this week.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Mark, apparently the pavement has been fixed very well. I can write up some notes & email them to you this week.
Cool! Thanks very much Dave!
See you later,
Mark
Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,958 Likes on 556 Posts

mark what class are you going to be in? I should be out there in my MX5 cup car.

dave- ditto on notes please
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
mark what class are you going to be in? I should be out there in my MX5 cup car.

OK.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
redcar1
Instructor

I haven't raced with NASA in a while, but I think my 355Challenge will be in ST2. I really like NASA, their priority is to get drivers and cars on the track safely racing. There's not a lot of "rulebooking".

I think they had 3 closed wheel groups, one was SpecMiata and maybe SpecRX7 together, then there was a Mustang-Camaro group with American Iron, and the third group was where ST1-ST4, GTS, SUO, etc.. ran along with other closed wheel race cars, your MX5 cup might be in that run group, but in one of four or five classes inside that run group.

I did 2 lapping days at Laguna Seca in a Barber MX5 Cup car and loved driving the car! Are you going to do the Barber series or the PlayboyMX5?

I'll look you up at Eagles Canyon and we critique Dave's notes!

Did you hear that there may be a Friday test day? I would like to make that, since I've not been to the track, but it looks unlikely that I'll be there until Saturday morning.

Mark
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by redcar1
I

Mark
Hmmmm.

I may have to charge extra.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hmmmm.

I may have to charge extra.
Is there a "platinum series" of tracknotes with all of the encrypted secrets unlocked?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Is there a "platinum series" of tracknotes with all of the encrypted secrets unlocked?
Ha! Actually, "unobtanium series".
Old 09-22-2008, 11:59 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CJ , I'll be up there that weekend with a 996 you may have heard about from Gene. It's a black 996 that will be running in GTS3 , let's be sure to meet.

Hey Dave, Send me those notes also, I'll take them so I know where not to drive Are you gonna be there also ???

Viking
Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I haven't raced with NASA in a while, but I think my 355Challenge will be in ST2. I really like NASA, their priority is to get drivers and cars on the track safely racing. There's not a lot of "rulebooking".

I think they had 3 closed wheel groups, one was SpecMiata and maybe SpecRX7 together, then there was a Mustang-Camaro group with American Iron, and the third group was where ST1-ST4, GTS, SUO, etc.. ran along with other closed wheel race cars, your MX5 cup might be in that run group, but in one of four or five classes inside that run group.

I did 2 lapping days at Laguna Seca in a Barber MX5 Cup car and loved driving the car! Are you going to do the Barber series or the PlayboyMX5?

Did you hear that there may be a Friday test day? I would like to make that, since I've not been to the track, but it looks unlikely that I'll be there until Saturday morning.

Mark
Rob L. had his F-car at the last NASA TWS event, it would be cool to have more of those running in the group. He had some good competition with some of the GTS class cars last time which made for some fun.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Rob L. had his F-car at the last NASA TWS event, it would be cool to have more of those running in the group. He had some good competition with some of the GTS class cars last time which made for some fun.
I've been thinking about joining GTS if there were more GTS2 cars...
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 210 Posts

Dave - please copy me on the track notes.

Mark - Good to hear you are coming out! Both Rob and Colin should be there in their 355C cars also, so should be a nice group of you.

Greg - GTS-2 should grow as I hope to see some of the SPBOX cars make it over to the series. I'll be doing the event in GTS-3 in my 911 but I have offered my SPBOX to a friend for this event so hopefully he'll add to the class. He is building his own SPBOX for GTS-2. I think we have had 2 911s running in GTS-2 thus far. I also know of at least one other GTS car being built in the College Station area.

Viking - Did we meet at TWS when my tranny died on me? I know one of the guys from your shop came and took a look at it. Turned out to be both the shift fork and TO bearing, certainly a terminal trackside injury. Car is up and running again and faster than ever, turned a 2:26.2 with practice tires on the 3.1 in Cresson on Friday. Still can't catch Jay in the black 996 though, that car is quick! Its such a great chasis for this class and you guys did a fantastic job building it out.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Will do, guys.

Viking, negatory. Probably doing some coaching at Daytona that weekend.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
I've been thinking about joining GTS if there were more GTS2 cars...
I am currently building one which should make it to a race late this year/early next.

Quick Reply: Eagles Canyon w/NASA Oct11&12, Tracknotes?