GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rennlist needs a RMS
Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

When will Skynet be deleting this thread?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:10 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Rennlist needs a RMS
LMAO!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

When the [expletive deleted by Mark] did the "Avatar" thread get deleted? Someone didn't like it when it was said the advertising money won't compare to the loss of membership monies?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Nice Mark. How many more Rennlisters are you going to run off?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

You're wrong Mike. It wasn't Mark. It was me.

If you got it a problem with the way this place is run, state it. Like a civilized adult. If you resort to insulting one of us, you are gone.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I think I've been very clear about not liking the way this place is being run. So have a large number of other folks that are regular and positive contributors to the community. But in case you've not understood:

The mods have taken it upon themselves to enforce some sort of "morality" that they feel is the appropriate one. Clearly, from the responses you're getting from Rennlist members about your actions, a large number of people are not in agreement with your actions. The mods are taking criticism from the paying members personally, and banning folks when they object to how you're running the site. Simple as that. The fact that you are threatening to ban me because I'm speaking up, is precisely why folks are starting to walk out of here.

Yes, I know Sean dropped the F bomb. Sean is, and has been a very good member of rennlist for quite some time. I know him personally, and he's an honorable and kind individual. He's frustrated like the rest of us, and vented. An appropriate action would have been to edit his post, and admonish him.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:52 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And that he dropped that "bomb" seemingly in relation to my comment on that other thread has me concerned as well. The overall question I asked of another moderator I know personally was "so all this stuff happened on a part of Rennlist I had never visited before tonight (e.g. a place you have to go looking for........you'll never go over there if you have a Porsche question); how does this affect where I go, looking to participate in Rennlist for what Rennlist is first-and-foremost?"
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mglobe
I think I've been very clear about not liking the way this place is being run. So have a large number of other folks that are regular and positive contributors to the community. But in case you've not understood:

The mods have taken it upon themselves to enforce some sort of "morality" that they feel is the appropriate one. Clearly, from the responses you're getting from Rennlist members about your actions, a large number of people are not in agreement with your actions. The mods are taking criticism from the paying members personally, and banning folks when they object to how you're running the site. Simple as that. The fact that you are threatening to ban me because I'm speaking up, is precisely why folks are starting to walk out of here.

Yes, I know Sean dropped the F bomb. Sean is, and has been a very good member of rennlist for quite some time. I know him personally, and he's an honorable and kind individual. He's frustrated like the rest of us, and vented. An appropriate action would have been to edit his post, and admonish him.
Dont try to twist it Mike.

Read my post above again. No one has been banned from offering criticism or objecting to how we run the site. Simple as that. I'm not threatening to ban you for speaking up. You know me better than that.

If you don't like something, tell us why. I don't object to anyone having a different opinion here.

But people who throw insults at the mods on this board will be the ones banned. Not the ones who are speaking up in a civilized manner.

Do me a favor. Go back and read the clarified guidelines for Rennlist. They are basically what you agreed to when you joined. I think they are very reasonable.

The big issue the last couple days is what constitutes an appropriate avatar.
Believe me, the opinions we've been receiving by members who have PAID for their membership vary all greatly. Who's right? We're trying to work this out.

Finally the need is not for me to admonish Sean and edit his insulting post. The need was for Sean to act like a grownup and state his objections. Not hurl insults.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the current environment, I feel that any criticism whatsoever of this site or it's moderators could easliy be viewed as a personal attack, so I'm hesitant to give my opinion on anything at all for fear of getting the booby hatch, which in reality, is quickly becoming less and less important to me. It's very sad, actually, to me anyway. This was not a personal attack on anyone.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Given the current environment, I feel that any criticism whatsoever of this site or it's moderators could easliy be viewed as a personal attack, so I'm hesitant to give my opinion on anything at all for fear of getting the booby hatch, which in reality, is quickly becoming less and less important to me. It's very sad, actually, to me anyway. This was not a personal attack on anyone.
C'mon Steve, you know what I'm talking about. We both know you can state it as being a Rennlist problem, or the current environment as you stated here, not an attack on an individual mod.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:42 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spanish inquisition of avatars is absolutely absurd. There, I said it.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Mike

What do you think is appropriate for an avatar? And how does that differ from the guidelines Bob posted?

Seriously...
Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll say it. I'm not going back to wherever it's posted, but I remember something about "G rated". Think about that. G rated. Then, if I recall correctly, there was clarification in that it would neither offend your grandmother, nor 4-year old. Mike, I look at your avatar and (though at 46 and not being a parent, nor really ever having contact with any children) I would say that seeing an open-wheeler inverted, likely at Indy and near 200mph, would be frightening to a kid whose daddy "goes and races his Porsche". If you have open wheel experience at that speed, feel free to correct me. I'm a wimpy sports racer type who only had dreams of Indy..........

Quick Reply: IB better start bailing fast