E.J.?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Ken
He was the original owner of your 993 you bought from Kim. It had a blue interior at one point.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Ken
He was the original owner of your 993 you bought from Kim. It had a blue interior at one point.
Yes, a car for a true Cal Golden Bear fan............ Those excellent sport seats that early 993's had are sitting up in my loft. They're earmarked for the '94 cab whenever I get around to doing the engine changeout.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Yes, a car for a true Cal Golden Bear fan............ Those excellent sport seats that early 993's had are sitting up in my loft. They're earmarked for the '94 cab whenever I get around to doing the engine changeout.
But that is not the schoolbus. E.J., as I recall, was put into a wall in THE REAL schoolbus by Tony Stewart.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
But that is not the schoolbus. E.J., as I recall, was put into a wall in THE REAL schoolbus by Tony Stewart.
Yeah...part of my internship was driving those school buses to and from Lowes Motor Speedway from the field they were parked in on Wednesday nights. School buses + gravel roads + air brakes = school bus drifting.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Same here! He also was instrumental in the 993 engine harness recall campaign.
+1!

I wonder how many 993 owners have had their harness recalled because of that...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Hey Boys, I'm gone but still check in now and again. Good to see so many of you keeping the fires burning.

Funny to hear someone call it the 'early' 993 board. LOL! I guess the 993 board is pretty old by now.

Bryan, I hope you are doing well. And before you have to ask publically: "Yes, I'd be happy to co-drove with you at the 24hr race in Daytona this year. Its about damn time you paid me back for that internship." What are you racing now and how about your dad - still have that lightweight M3? For those that don't know one of my best early track days was spent dicing with Bryan's dad (Fast for an old guy - LOL) in my 993 with him in his new M5. Man that was a hell of a day. Some of you from the 'early' 993 board may remember the video from my in car.

RSR - Chris, how the hell are you? I think back fondly on our times together. Yes, you scared me plenty - but no more then knowing after the fact that you had a 996 cup car or some other crazy thing. Did Jim ever get the blue bomber running? I wish you the best!

Brian - did you get run out of town to make room for the new dragstrip? That damn thing must make some serious noise in your backyard. Did you ever dump that red classic car for a real track car? LOL!

Finn, Chris and Sam - nice to hear from you guys. The core group of early 993 guys was really tight.

Race911 - while I don't know you I hope you take good care of my car. I heard Kim sold it when he went spec piniata racing but didn't know where it went. Just be glad it doesn't still have the school bus suspension on it. Man, I could pedal that thing pretty damn fast while scraping the door handles in the turns.

Please ignore the Professor as cats can be a serious problem in turn 1 at summit point in the 12 hour night race while droving a SRF.

As for the school buses it was actually Jimmy Spencer who put me in the wall - while he was smoking a cigar. If memory serves me right it was stewart who tried to put me in the wall but instead I just took out the yellow caution light under the flag stand. While the fans went crazy humpy was not too pleased to have to buy a new one.

If anyone cares I have hung up my helmet for a few years now but have every intention of getting back into the sport in a few years. I wish you all the best and I will check in on this forum more as I am still a HWFM member (right big slow-*** turtle) and I have quite a few friends still hanging out here.

Finally, if you're building a big house and want a Crestron system for it me and my team can do things that will blow your mind. I can be reached at: ej dot feulner at mac dot com. If you have the old gelb993 address it is long retired.

Take care all and dammit where is JimBob to make this a real reunion?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:54 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

EJ my man....

I was a passenger in the battle with the M5..... that was an eye opening ride for someone new to the game!!!!. EJ you made us rednecks proud with a big TTO slide around the Nascar. All we needed was an 01 on the door and a rebel flag on the hood. I get teary eyed just thinking of it

Bought a 996 Cup Car from Mike Levitas in 2005, ran in quite a few races from Summit 2005 until Road Atlanta 2007, then sold the car as I was getting too busy with work. Did pretty well with it though, all in PCA racing.

I will get back into this as soon as business schedule and family schedule permits.

PS - the Blue Bomber did get up and running - 3 years later - and was promptly sold to someone from up north, who managed to blow it up again in 2 days at Daytona.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Laura
Pro

Hey DJ, how about sending me your e-mail.
Laura
You know how to contact me...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Laura
Pro

Sorry..
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally Posted by Laura
Hey DJ, how about sending me your e-mail.
Laura
You know how to contact me...

See?

I told you I was the good looking one.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
Race911 - while I don't know you I hope you take good care of my car. I heard Kim sold it when he went spec piniata racing but didn't know where it went. Just be glad it doesn't still have the school bus suspension on it. Man, I could pedal that thing pretty damn fast while scraping the door handles in the turns.

I can be reached at: ej dot feulner at mac dot com. If you have the old gelb993 address it is long retired.

Take care all and dammit where is JimBob to make this a real reunion?
Good God,..you're ALIVE,...

Martha-bar-the-door, miracles DO happen,..

Your old car is alive and well in the capable hands of Race911 (in CA) who really appreciates what its become and takes very good care of it.

Stay well, pal.

Quick Reply: E.J.?