Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWS Lap Times, Stock NA 2WD, street tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
DoubleD
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Hey Dave,
When are you going to have that BMW you wrecked at MSRH back out on the track ?

It didn't really look hurt that bad, I think I could have made the next days races with it.
Which proves you're not half the expert you think you are and confirms common opinion of you.

Yeah, I hate it but it really is like that with winning and cheating.
When people start telling other people they're going to take weight out of the car, it raises questions. If that's a problem for you, take it up with your driver.

What's it like living vicariously through Jay Matus' victories?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
MCain
Intermediate

Just to totally derail the thread for you Viking, I just got back from shooting some demo laps of the various configurations for the TWS website. The 3.1 using Nascar 3 & 4 onto the front straight is kinda spooky. So much g from the banking I could take my hand off the throttle hand control and it would stay down on its own.

This was my fourth day on track in a row. I don't want to drive any more. My collar bones have Hans bruises. I'm gonna go take a nap and think about how tough life is for me.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Wow. Another thread in the crapper.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wow. Another thread in the crapper.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
Greg, for once, shut up. I called no one anything. Please try to actually add value here, for once. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleD
Which proves you're not half the expert you think you are and confirms common opinion of you.

When people start telling other people they're going to take weight out of the car, it raises questions. If that's a problem for you, take it up with your driver.

What's it like living vicariously through Jay Matus' victories?
I don't consdier myself an expert,I'm just another guy at the track. Of course I wonder what exactly would define an expert in this case. FYI - It wasn't only my opinion of your car. Ever have any luck getting the other guy to pay for it like you said you were going to do ?

I don't live vicariously through Jays wins. - I took a street car to a shell, built it exactly as I wanted it,rollcage and everything to my design, with Jay paying me to do it. Now I enjoy seeing the car I built, being driven very well, beat many cars and set new track records.
Jay and I have discussed that we switch and I drive the car and he wrench, but I'm not really sure about him as a wrench.

Seriously, I find a larger challenge in making other drivers go faster. With data and video, coaching has become a very fun way to see just how good I really am. It's one thing to be able to do it yourself where you have total control of everything, but to be able to watch someone else, figure out what they need to go faster and then be able to transfer that knowledge to them is much more rewarding, atleast to me.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, I do get out onto track occasionally and I can still get around ok for an old washed up mechanic. So when will you have a car back out on track ? I have personally a few different track/race cars still and also have half a dozen friends that offer up their cars all the time for me to drive. Let me know when you are ready and we can try some wheel to wheel together.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
DoubleD
Track Day

I don't consdier myself an expert,I'm just another guy at the track.
Really? Because making a snap evaluation after a ~50mph impact like that sure sounds like something an expert should be doing, not just another guy at the track.

Considering that the trailing arm, trailing arm pocket, hub, lower control arm, upper control arm, axle stub, brake rotor, differential, and subframe were all destroyed "when [I] wrecked [my] BMW", it's clear your opinion is pure crap.

Ever have any luck getting the other guy to pay for it like you said you were going to do ?
I said I would try, which I did. I'm sure you already know the answer.

I don't live vicariously through Jays wins.
reeeeaaaaaallly? A lot of "I" and "we" in there. Last time I checked, Jay wasn't Rally Racing this weekend so there wasn't a navigator.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, I do get out onto track occasionally and I can still get around ok for an old washed up mechanic. So when will you have a car back out on track ? I have personally a few different track/race cars still and also have half a dozen friends that offer up their cars all the time for me to drive. Let me know when you are ready and we can try some wheel to wheel together.
People offered to let you drive their cars? Does Brumos know you're available? Maybe Discovery channel should do a special on how you've replaced sliced bread as the greatest thing ever!

I'll be back on track when time and budget allows. I'm going to a new chassis and drivetrain and things are certainly progressing. When I do get back, it'll be interesting to see if you continue to insult me when given the opportunity to do so in person. I'm now curious to know if your character isn't significantly different in person than it is on the internet.

Now seriously, I posted 13 times here in 5 years before today, so I'm sure my annual rennlist stipend is exhausted. See you around.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Did RyanZ06 just come back with a new user name?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Did RyanZ06 just come back with a new user name?
Wow. What a bitter guy, eh? It's funny to see him claim that Viking insulted him when the exact opposiite appears to be true x500 words.

And note Greg's total silence on this.....but he sure piped up in a hurry at Viking.

Wow.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
And note Greg's total silence on this.....but he sure piped up in a hurry at Viking.
What the hell are you talking about Dave? Your reply didn't deserve a response... so I didn't. Viking originally made what appeared to be a cheap jab at DD, and I called him out on it.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Your reply didn't deserve a response... so I didn't.
^^^ FYI: this is a reply ^^^

Your one-sided outrage/"calling him out" is touching.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 08-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
jsh
Instructor

Now seriously, I posted 13 times here in 5 years before today, so I'm sure my annual rennlist stipend is exhausted. See you around.

DD: How about going away for another 5 years???
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsh

DD: How about going away for another 5 years???
LOFL!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMFG DD watching the RL posse is after you!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Sad....

G.

Quick Reply: TWS Lap Times, Stock NA 2WD, street tires?