Sponsored by:

Autobahn trackday with VRaptor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Good point, I've just never bothered to ignore anyone before. Unlike GR, AW doesn't even provide entertainment with his inanity, so I certainly won't be missing anything..
Word from a fellow racer who recently emailed GR is that he has been hiding out in Taiwan since 2007 for "business reasons". His mom has been ill, but apparently she is recovering very well. He has taken up yoga and basketball. Perhaps he realized that other sports besides motorsports beckoned.

I am not making any of this up.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Patrick, I just saw this thread. Glad you got a lot out of it. I also give Dave two thumbs up on his coaching based on my experience with him in the right hand seat. Great communication style and he really makes it fun. I have gained a lot from it. And trust me, I need all the help I can get because I'm not a natural...
+1 Greg.

Originally Posted by Trucho-951
Hey Patrick,

I’m glad you had a great driving experience on your Autobahn trackday.

I just got back from 10 days in Germany, so I also enjoyed driving the Autobahn. He..he..he.. Marlon
Hey Marlon

Good for you. Hope you had a bunch of fun. Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you while over here but I guess you would have been away also. Thanks again for all your help on my suspension setup. It seems to have worked out well on my car at home. Took another 2 seconds off my best time at Oran Park!
Nice to hear from you Marlon.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, 2 seconds!!! Holy cow! Hey Patrick, I just checked out your latest Youtube video, the Oran Park, Sep. 01, Part 2, Awesome driving man!. Yup, that reminds me, I need to keep checking the 333pg333 channel for the latest videos, they keep getting better and better.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Bump.....because this was such an awesome thread!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm so very glad that Dave has improved as a teacher. All of the months of dealing with such a troubled student finally paid off. Can't tell you how worried I was about his future, I poured many hours of my personal time with him trying to get him to see the error of his ways, how he could put forth a bit of effort and actually make his life, and coaching style something others would appreciate.

I'm so very proud of you Dave. You've done me proud.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Old 10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Some organizations that run DE's will allow students to bring a private coach. Some won't.
Not only is Chin a great group to run with (how does 5 hours track time/day sound?), but they allow you to hire a private coach. I've done it one time, and plan to do so again in the future. The guy I hired, Ron Zitza, gave me some excellent reference points on turn ins at Sebring. I've since been able to pass some of that info on to my students when I instruct in PCA DE's.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....
Old 10-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Not only is Chin a great group to run with (how does 5 hours track time/day sound?), but they allow you to hire a private coach. I've done it one time, and plan to do so again in the future. The guy I hired, Ron Zitza, gave me some excellent reference points on turn ins at Sebring. I've since been able to pass some of that info on to my students when I instruct in PCA DE's.

Ron knows his stuff, and is a great guy to boot. I am also pretty well connected with Chin, and yes they provide a great product which is very conducing to coaching.

Quick Reply: Autobahn trackday with VRaptor.