Sponsored by:

David Murry Coaching at Roebling Roads PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Murry Coaching at Roebling Roads PCA Club Race

David Murry will be coaching at the Roebling Roads PCA Club Race in December as part of PCA's new club racing coaching program. David (and Doc Bundy at Daytona) has been at selected races this year on PCA's nickel, providing coaching assistance to PCA club racers. David will also be at selected PCA club races in 2010, including the 48 Hours of Sebring.

By the way, I don't see NASA or PBOC or frankly anyone else providing that to their racers.

As part of the coaching program, David will do the chalk talk on Thursday night, do "David Murry Minutes" as part of each drivers meeting, and generally be available all weekend to talk about car set up, driving issues, or anything else you want to discuss.

In addition, he is providing individual coaching on a daily basis to individual racers for a nominal cost of $250 per day (money going to PCA to help fund his charges). However, if you are going to be a rookie racer at Roebling (or Sebring), you get individual coaching for free as part of your rookie race experience.

If you are signed up for the Roebling race or are in the SE area of the USA, you've received an email from PCA club racing with more information on David's coaching at RR. Information about the coaching program at Sebring will be coming out shortly.

Sign up now for both the Roebling Club race as well as individual coaching by David Murry. You won't be disappointed.

Best regards,
Bruce
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM
DanR
Drifting

seams like a great idea!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:05 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I wish I could attend......

Dave is an awesome coach.......
Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,434 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
David Murry will be coaching at the Roebling Roads PCA Club Race in December as part of PCA's new club racing coaching program. David (and Doc Bundy at Daytona) has been at selected races this year on PCA's nickel, providing coaching assistance to PCA club racers. David will also be at selected PCA club races in 2010, including the 48 Hours of Sebring.

By the way, I don't see NASA or PBOC or frankly anyone else providing that to their racers.

As part of the coaching program, David will do the chalk talk on Thursday night, do "David Murry Minutes" as part of each drivers meeting, and generally be available all weekend to talk about car set up, driving issues, or anything else you want to discuss.

In addition, he is providing individual coaching on a daily basis to individual racers for a nominal cost of $250 per day (money going to PCA to help fund his charges). However, if you are going to be a rookie racer at Roebling (or Sebring), you get individual coaching for free as part of your rookie race experience.

If you are signed up for the Roebling race or are in the SE area of the USA, you've received an email from PCA club racing with more information on David's coaching at RR. Information about the coaching program at Sebring will be coming out shortly.

Sign up now for both the Roebling Club race as well as individual coaching by David Murry. You won't be disappointed.

Best regards,
Bruce

Very, very, very smart, Bruce, especially the one on one with rookies. I have also told Bryan this.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In addition, he is providing individual coaching on a daily basis to individual racers for a nominal cost of $250 per day (money going to PCA to help fund his charges).
$250.00 per day???
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Qwickrick, I'm not quite sure what you mean by your question. $250 per day is a heck of a deal for one on one coaching, even if the coach doesn't get in the car nor does the coach devote his entire day to working with you.

The other way to look at it is what do you spend for registration fees for a day's DE or on tires?

I guaranty David will make you a better driver during that day. Note I didn't say "faster" but certainly "better"

Bruce
Old 11-19-2009, 10:32 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

I think he is shocked by how cheap the price is.

anyways, that's a good deal but you should ammend the original post. PBOC has been bringing in skip barber instructors to lead the student classroom and novice autoX sessions... just fyi.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

"Racers" LDadrenaline, I wrote "racers"

Lots of PCA regions bring in pros to lead student classrooms but frankly, I believe PCA club racing is out in front on bringing a professional racer of the caliber of David Murry to work with racers at its races. Got it?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
PBOC has been bringing in skip barber instructors to lead the student classroom and novice autoX sessions... just fyi.
IMO, this is nothing to brag about.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So the question that noone seems to be asking.

What do you get for 250/day.

When I read individual coaching for the day that implies to me that he'll be my coach for the day, before during and after sessions which would preclude him from being 'available' to the rest of the event entrants.?

I have a feeling that for 250/day you aren't getting anywhere near that.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
IMO, this is nothing to brag about.
Yeah, all Skip Barber coaches suck You need to stop making blanket statments like this VR.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Yeah, all Skip Barber coaches suck You need to stop making blanket statments like this VR.
No, actually, I don't, Mr. Defensive. I have seen them teach PBOC classrooms.

And who said anything about Skip Barber coaches?

Why is everyone bitching about paying $250 to spend some time becoming a better racer with David Murry, courtesty of PCA?????

Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc spent 45 minutes with a fellow racer and I at Daytona. Was a fantastic time and really helped make the weekend. Nothing like one on one time with someone with so much experience and a few great stories sprinkled in.

Hey Bruce, can you have Doc attend the Club Race at Topeka? We promised Doc that we'd take him for barbeque.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:19 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Funny how people are willing to spend a fortune for their race cars, but are reluctant to spend any money to learn how to drive them properly......

I guess they are all better drivers then myself......

I spent some time with Dave Murry this August at T-bolt one on one......best money I ever spent.......
Old 11-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

The program is you fill out a form before the weekend, detailing your driving experience, what you want to work on, etc. David will work with about 5 racers each day.
He meets before the first run group with the 5 of you and then does de briefs after each session, also with the 5 as a group. We found at the Brainerd club race that even though the skill level varied from a relatively new racer to Jerry Greene.....nevertheless all of the participants benefited by hearing what both David had to say as well as what the other participants had to say.
It's fairly amazing what David can tell watching at different corners. He won't get in the car (we don't want that liability in PCA) but will give you individualized feedback.
If you've got data acquistion it's even better.
No, you don't get one on one, exclusive with David but for that you'd have to pay a heck of a lot more than $250 per day per racer.
He's also available during the day simply around the paddock and also before and after the day to talk about car set up. A friend of mine at Brainerd who was an experienced racer with a lot of time at BIR, made two small changes to his car set up based on a short discussion with David. A huge change in lap times resulted but more importantly, the car was much more predictable, which meant better to race.

If you are thinking about doing your first race in the near future, you might want to think about making it Sebring this winter.

Bruce

Quick Reply: David Murry Coaching at Roebling Roads PCA Club Race