Hallett Race way

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:42 PM
cfgioja
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hallett Race way

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum. I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma and own a 944 Porvette, and jsut wanted to know when any 944 were going to Hallett. i know they are getting ready to close for the season.

Just wanted to know if there were plans for this summer.

Collin
Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

PM me, we rent the track there sometimes for private track days. we may try to rent the track for some test and tune days this winter and If I have you in my PM ill give ya a shout when we rent it. Usually its around 300 or so a car for the day with almost unlimited track time. We usually shoot for a week day as its cheaper. It may be after Jan.

Jeff
Old 11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
cfgioja
Intermediate

I dont have administration acess to pm.

Right now my car is not set up for the track yet. Right now I just got my new car running and need to do some suspension work and rebuild the lower end. I like to the see the cars, and hear the noise.

Maybe you can post a thread titled Hallett or something when you go. I'd like to meet with other 944 owners.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

No problem. Get on their web site and look up HST or high speed touring and think about getting started there. They have instructors you can hire at a very reasonable cost and its worth it. They know that track very well and would be a good start for you.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Originally Posted by Gasser
No problem. Get on their web site and look up HST or high speed touring and think about getting started there. They have instructors you can hire at a very reasonable cost and its worth it. They know that track very well and would be a good start for you.
In addition to the monthly HST, keep an eye on the Cimarron Region PCA website - they usually hold 2 PCA Drivers Ed events at Hallett annually, in May and October. Usually several 944s show up for that.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
cfgioja
Intermediate

I know all about the HST i have been looking at it since March when I got this 944. I just haven't gotten it ready for teh track at all. Is PCA the professional driving courses that start you off in the open wheeled formula cars or is it the classes they hold to learn how to drive your own car to its limits?

I happened to run into the Porsche club last month when I was driving by.

i'll keep an eye on it though. I would like to meet 944 and possibly get new ideas or help on mine.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 AM
KS-CS
Racer

Originally Posted by cfgioja
. . . Is PCA the professional driving courses that start you off in the open wheeled formula cars or is it the classes they hold to learn how to drive your own car to its limits?

I happened to run into the Porsche club last month when I was driving by.

i'll keep an eye on it though. I would like to meet 944 and possibly get new ideas or help on mine.
PCA = Porsche Club of America - your local chapter is the Cimarron Region which I believe is based in Tulsa. I would suggest joining the club so you will be kept aware of their various activities, and you might be able to contact other local 944 owners for advice.

Different PCA regions sponsor DE (Drivers Ed) events where you learn to drive your car (approach its limits ) on the racetrack - usually with instructors when you are a novice.

You might also want to search or check out the 944 Forum on Rennlist for advice on tracking your car, etc.

Maybe I'll see you at a HST weekend next spring - I'm a regular there.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by KS-CS
Maybe I'll see you at a HST weekend next spring - I'm a regular there.
+1. i go to Hallett regularly. drove a 944S there for a year until I switched to BMWs. what questions do you have specifically about getting your 944 ready for the track?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Belong to the Wichita region. We have some 944 guys here that race if you need parts or advise. Drive up to a monthly meeting sometime. Check the website. I am sure your local region can also help you out.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
shawn84&92
Intermediate

About 11 of us rented Hallett on a Thursday last summer. we had the track to ourselves, and had a blast. we plan on doing it again this year. It will probably be closer to June, but we may try to do it two times. the cost to do it was about $225 each. BufordTJ on the 993 forum and I were the ones that put it together. We will post when we start planning for this year.
shawn
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shawn84&92
About 11 of us rented Hallett on a Thursday last summer. we had the track to ourselves, and had a blast. we plan on doing it again this year. It will probably be closer to June, but we may try to do it two times. the cost to do it was about $225 each. BufordTJ on the 993 forum and I were the ones that put it together. We will post when we start planning for this year.
shawn
We usually have a group that does it as well. Let us know as the more people the cheaper it is...

Quick Reply: Hallett Race way