Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

2010 German Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat

As for Hockenheim, Massa was blocking Alonso for lap after lap. He was clearly slower and has even less of a chance of attaining WDC than Alonso.

where I come from we call that racing! If you want to get past overtake me if you can

That said, with the stakes to play for, whilost I dont like it you can understand why the team called it
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ferrari did not tell Massa to let her pass. So I would assume they did meet the sporting regs even if by the letter of the law if not the spirit. Clearly Massa was instructed to let Alonso pass and so it was done.

Massa earned the win by driving good laps and making a good pass at the start.

Too bad they did not have another pit stop. They could have created a pass without being so obvious. This year has really had boring races. 1 stop races and very little passing.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 771 Posts

As for Hockenheim, Massa was blocking Alonso for lap after lap. He was clearly slower and has even less of a chance of attaining WDC than Alonso.

After what happened to Alonso by passing Kubica at Silverstone and getting a drive-through penalty, he was not about to risk the stewards getting their nappies in a bunch again making him lose the race.

So the team made the call, as any team would.
Good lord, you whine like a menstruating schoolgirl.

Sort of like your idol, Big Head Fred.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

It goes along with being a cheerleader and not a racer. I would have been very happy with Massa winning the race. I think Bernie is between a rock and a hard place. Team orders equals 100K right now for anyone doing it, but I would expect a penalty to be passed down. They want Alonso in the championship race as that will promote the final races of the season, so they might as well penalize Massa since his team started the blanket party already.

Maybe they could give Alonso an inferior wing in the next race.......uh RB already used that one.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Such hatred for Alonso, wow.
You're right. It just so happens that wherever this is a "scandal", Alonso is unlucky to be "at the scene"....Stepneygate, Piquet Jr. and now this.
Clearly, he is always "at the wrong place at the wrong time".

I believe 100% that Ferrari needs to stop team orders as they have been doing it as long as I can remember
IIRC, the regs were changed because of Ferrari (Schumacher/Barrichello)?

... but I do not see you guys beating up Schumacher
Sir A.Wayne does that all the time. He is almost incapable of a single post without mentioning Schumacher...although he is getting a little bit better.

Alonso is still the best current driver in my book and apparently his peers think so as well, as he was voted best driver by the current drivers in the field.
Then if he was indeed so much faster, he should have been able to pass Massa, no different than passing any other driver.

Excellent to see Massa get his confidence back
Agreed.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RSA333
The reality is that Alonso was not that much faster than Massa. If the team wanted Alonso to pass, then he should have accomplished it by out-racing Massa.

Again, a blatant call of "Team Orders" by Ferrari. Is the only judgment against them going to a $100,000 fine? - that's nothing. Alonso should be stripped of his win (DNF). This is a gross and obvious violation, I hope further action is undertaken. But we all know that Ferrari has "preferred status" with the F1 governing body.
$100K is nothing.
Both Alonso and Massa should be stripped of their WDC points for this race, awarded a DNF.
Ferrari should be stripped of their WCC points for this race.
$100K should be donated to a charity, not the FIA.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/7/11070.html

Ferrari
Fernando Alonso (1st)
“This is a very important win, which comes on the back of weeks of hard work from the team, who pushed to make up the ground that separates us from our main rivals. Race after race, the improvements applied to the F10 have proved to be effective, thus making the car more competitive. I am very happy, because winning with Ferrari is a very special feeling. At the start I was pushed right up against the wall by Vettel, whose only thought was to close me down, while Felipe made the most of it to go past both of us. Then, I tried to stay close all the time to my team mate and when he had some difficulties, I got past: I am sure that Felipe was thinking above all of the good of the team and that it was pointless to take risks when we had Vettel catching us up.

Stefano Domenicali, Ferrari team principal
“First and foremost, I want to congratulate the team on this fantastic result, which is down to all the work undertaken with so much effort, ability and passion by everyone, both at the track and in Maranello, day after day. Already, over the past few races, we have seen that the performance level of our car has improved and finally today, we reaped the rewards. As for the Stewards’ decision, given after the race, in the interests of the sport, we have decided not to go through a procedure of appealing against it, confident that the World Council will know how to evaluate the overall facts correctly.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

When did Big Head Fred even get close enough to attempt a pass on Massa? Massa never blocked him.

Ferrari cheated and Massa was caught in the middle.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
$100K is nothing.
Both Alonso and Massa should be stripped of their WDC points for this race, awarded a DNF.
Ferrari should be stripped of their WCC points for this race.
$100K should be donated to a charity, not the FIA.
The stripping of the WDC & WCC points ain't gonna happen with Bernie's nose so far up Ferrari's backside thatthey appear to be one.

Is it kinda surprising that controversy follows Alonso whereever he goes?

MacLearn "Cheating" scandal
Renault "Crashgate"
Ferrari "Orders"

This little bitching whining little girl can drive but he needs to just perform.

It makes me wonder why the Stwards did not rder Massa to let him by.

Is it because they felt Alonso should be able to do it?

People hate Alonso because he always complains.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And how about that rocking podium celebration? Vettel goes straight off to drop the bottle to his crew, and as Alonso starts to spray Massa, Massa turns his back and walks away too, leaving Alonso to spray himself and take a swig. Nothing like partying with your friends.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I may be in the minority here, but I'm going to rest some blame on Massa for this. I don't like what Ferrari did, but it's part of the sport, even if it isn't nearly as blatant in its other forms. If you buy into this, then a loyal driver is going to do what his team tells him to do, which Massa did. However, I think pretty much everyone was able to spot that this was a case of team orders. A good driver won't throw the team under by bus by doing it almost as blatantly as is possible. I personally think Massa could have made it look more convincing. Just my $.02.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

+1!

I understand being blind Alonso fan, being Spanish and all but come on..
Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 191 Posts

Alonso screws up in turn 1 of lap 1 and lets Massa pass him. Then Ferrari order Massa to let Alonso through. Domenicali doesn't even have the ***** to get on the radio and tell Massa himself, he asks Smedley to do it. What a farce. The worst race of this season so far. I hope the FIA strips Ferrari of the win, they are just killing the sport. Disgusting.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

C'mon guys. Ferrari had team orders earlier in the year as well. On two seperate occasions, Alonso was not allowed to attack Massa and told to hold his position. I didn't see anyone b1tching then, but now because it benefits Alonso, all his haters are getting all twisted.
I don't like what happened either, but this is not the 1st time. After what happened with RB, it makes sense to not have both drivers push each other into an accident. Alonso was the faster driver, he is leading the championship and was thus given the win by the team. Earlier in the year, there was no clear favorite, so Massa was allowed to finish ahead of Alonso. Massa didn't help his case by doing so poorly for a while.
All in all, I do feel really bad for Massa..
Raj
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Alonso screws up in turn 1 of lap 1 and lets Massa pass him. Then Ferrari order Massa to let Alonso through. Domenicali doesn't even have the ***** to get on the radio and tell Massa himself, he asks Smedley to do it. What a farce. The worst race of this season so far. I hope the FIA strips Ferrari of the win, they are just killing the sport. Disgusting.
I guess we were watched a different race. Vettel almost ran Alonso off the track, into the wall. Alonso had to lift, just to avoid an accident. That is how Massa got ahead and not through his screw up. Atleast call it the way it happened.
What FIA did the prior two races is far worse.

Quick Reply: 2010 German Grand Prix