Brino Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
where's the poll for Brazil?

Hammy is already phoning Trulli
Here ya go......

Who will win?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Alonso
Massa
Hamilton
Vettel
Webber
Old 10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

OCTOBER 31, 2010
McLaren men vow to attack in Brazil

Interlagos is the site of momentous moments for both Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button and both are hoping to continue that tradition and keep the championship battle alive in Brazil next weekend.

"I always seem to have a unique experience at Brazil!" Hamilton said. "In my first year in F1 I battled past a load of cars but could only finish seventh, losing out on the world championship. The following year I had another tricky race, but managed to take fifth position on the final lap to win the world title. Last year, we got qualifying wrong, I started 17th and used KERS to boost my way up to third in one of the best races of my career. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like a nice, straightforward race this year!

"We go to Brazil knowing that we may not have the fastest car, but we'll have a decent package that should work well. We have a strong engine and good straight line speed, so I think we'll still be quick - crucially, that combination should give us the opportunity to pass into the first corner, which is probably the best overtaking spot on the track.

"I know the world championship is figuring in everybody's thoughts but I'm not thinking about it too much: I need to get a good result in Brazil to take the fight to Abu Dhabi, so that's my priority."

Jenson Button, effectively out of the drivers' championship but still able to play a strong role as McLaren challenges for the team prize, said: "Brazilian is a special race for me because it's where I won the world championship last year. This will be the first time I've been back since then, so I'm really looking forward to it.

"Interlagos is an incredible racetrack - a place where you can race hard, where all your mistakes are punished and where you're really rewarded for attacking. I think our package will be well suited to this circuit.

"When I was here last year I learnt an important lesson: I qualified 14th while my team-mate put his car on pole - but when I thought it was almost all over, I threw caution to the wind and drove one of the most attacking, best drives of my F1 career. And that's something that I'll be taking with me into this weekend, when I know I'll not only need a strong result, but also to rely on others failing to score to keep me in the hunt for the championship.

"Given the points situation, I know that I face an uphill struggle to hold on to the world title, but I'll be giving it everything I've got to stay in contention. I fought hard to become the 2009 world champion, and I won't give up my title without a fight."

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh added: "If F1 has taught us one thing over the past couple of years, it's to never give up hope until the odds are no longer possible, and that the most unexpected outcome can become a very real and viable possibility sooner than you can readily imagine. With that in mind, we go to Brazil and Abu Dhabi still determined to wrest both world championships.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

OCTOBER 28, 2010
Did Ferrari apply illegal team orders again in Korea?

A report by the British Autosport magazine's respected journalist Mark Hughes has revealed that Ferrari once again applied team orders during the Korean Grand Prix to further the championship cause of Fernando Alonso.

In his report of the race Hughes points out that when Alonso lost time at his pit-stop due to problems with a wheel nut, Ferrari "was quick-thinking enough to use Massa to back up the queue out on track - preventing more cars than just Hamilton taking advantage. This cost Massa a place..."

The implications are clear enough. Without Ferrari's intervention Alonso would have found himself further back in the pack when he emerged from the pits. And it would have been Massa, not Alonso, behind Lewis Hamilton when the Safety Car pulled in. Hence it would have also been Felipe and not Fernando able to take advantage of Hamilton braking too deep into Turn 1 when the race resumed. Ferrari would then have been in a difficult position. They could not have instructed Massa to cede to Alonso if Hamilton was between them.

Nobody can predict what would have happened if Alonso, whose tyres were in better shape later on, had been forced to attack Hamilton. He may still have won the race but it is also easy to envisage Massa winning with Hamilton second and Alonso third. Had that been the case, Alonso would now lead the championship by just a single point from Mark Webber instead of 11 points.

The infamous article 39.1 of F1's sporting regulations says, "Team orders which interfere with the result of a race are prohibited." It is this rule that Ferrari was found guilty of infringing with a team order to Massa at Hockenheim and fined $100,000.

When that verdict was laid down shortly before Monza it was made clear that article 39.1 would be reviewed by the Formula 1 Sporting Working Group but that has yet to happen.

At the moment the rule is still in force. After the Ferrari verdict, rival team bosses were asked whether they therefore assumed that the cost of ignoring the team orders regulation is $100,000. McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh responded: "I think that would be a risky interpretation. If you are in clear breach then I would imagine you could have much more than $100,000 thrown at you." He was referring to potential disqualification.

On the face of it, Ferrari's alleged actions in Korea are more serious than those at Hockenheim, where only its own cars were directly involved. If what Hughes reports actually took place, Ferrari could be said to have also interfered with the results of other cars as well.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:43 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL.. where did you get that BS from Ray ..Massa's web site

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
LOL.. where did you get that BS from Ray ..Massa's web site
"A report by the British Autosport magazine's respected journalist Mark Hughes ..."
Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
"A report by the British Autosport magazine's respected journalist Mark Hughes ..."
Right the level headed British press...................................

Breaking News from the British press - Top News:

1) Alonso Pays Hammy Off to run wide in Korean GP further assisting his Title Bid!!

2) Alonso and Ferrari hire Voodoo Doctor to hypnotize Webber during Korean restart and on Que Webber crashes out of Korean GP opening the door for Alonso to win the Korean GP.

3) This just in!!!! - from yes you guessed it the British press!!!
Alonso uses Renault ties to make sure Vettel's engine goes "Kablamo!!!" opening the door for an Alonso's victory in Korea!!

When does the bull$hit stop! I have been largerly a bystander in the Alonso like him or hate him battle but the crap has to stop. Has it ever occured to you that he puts in such amazing and inspired drives which is why he is always in the right place at the right time thus keeping him in the spotlight. Everyone including the disgraced a$$hole of Motorsport - Max Mosley, keep talking about the 7 points he was handed from Massa but no one has a single thing to say about the other 224 points scored so far this year! Massa was asked to move over because he did not have the other 224 points required to be a contender! Alonso has opened a can of major whoop a$$ and whether he wins or loses the WDC he was the reason we all stayed up through the night to watch Korea to the end. At least respect that.

FORZA ALONSO - FORZA Ferrari!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

Still rooting for Webber, now the underdog.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Exactly, bitching as always when their team (McLarsen) loses out. It's us against the world attitude.
Wonder what he had to say about Lewis passing the safety car in Valencia and it costing Alonso and Massa a podium finish.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:09 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by agdamis
Right the level headed British press...................................

Breaking News from the British press - Top News:

1) Alonso Pays Hammy Off to run wide in Korean GP further assisting his Title Bid!!

2) Alonso and Ferrari hire Voodoo Doctor to hypnotize Webber during Korean restart and on Que Webber crashes out of Korean GP opening the door for Alonso to win the Korean GP.

3) This just in!!!! - from yes you guessed it the British press!!!
Alonso uses Renault ties to make sure Vettel's engine goes "Kablamo!!!" opening the door for an Alonso's victory in Korea!!

When does the bull$hit stop! I have been largerly a bystander in the Alonso like him or hate him battle but the crap has to stop. Has it ever occured to you that he puts in such amazing and inspired drives which is why he is always in the right place at the right time thus keeping him in the spotlight. Everyone including the disgraced a$$hole of Motorsport - Max Mosley, keep talking about the 7 points he was handed from Massa but no one has a single thing to say about the other 224 points scored so far this year! Massa was asked to move over because he did not have the other 224 points required to be a contender! Alonso has opened a can of major whoop a$$ and whether he wins or loses the WDC he was the reason we all stayed up through the night to watch Korea to the end. At least respect that.

FORZA ALONSO - FORZA Ferrari!
Well said, couldn't have said it better. This is a cry from a Brit journalist because their "all british team dream team" is not doing so well. Actually, they were in the driver's seat to win the wdc, but their hero's collapsed (except when Vettel ran into Button).
Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Still rooting for Webber, now the underdog.
+1
Old 11-01-2010, 11:05 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

What is interesting to me is that how all the journalist were hailing McLaren to be the best at development during the season and how their development pace was the best in the business. It is quite clear that they were unable to reign in the RBR's (after all teh crying about flexible floors, new tests needed etc etc). How come no one is saying this anymore.
Let's talk big when our team is up and start looking at blaming other's when our team can't perform as hailed, Nice!
Also, didn't Vettel do the same in Hungary? Yeah, he was dumb enough to not do it within the allowed rules. If Massa's did actually slow down the remaining field, there would have been protests.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
What is interesting to me is that how all the journalist were hailing McLaren to be the best at development during the season and how their development pace was the best in the business. It is quite clear that they were unable to reign in the RBR's (after all teh crying about flexible floors, new tests needed etc etc). How come no one is saying this anymore..
I think it is generally accepted that over the course of a season, McLaren is the leader in developing and fielding improvements to their car.
That having been said, the hiring of Pat Frye, coupled with the status (some would argue priviledged status) of Ferrari with FOM and FIA, may change that equation in the short term.

Regarding RBR, no one has been able to equal what Newey developed straight out of the box, but then again, no one is in the same class as Newey (even with an engine that is discussed to be 40-60bhp down on Ferrari/Mercedes)

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
If Massa's did actually slow down the remaining field, there would have been protests.
Agreed.
It would be a simple matter for the FIA to review the lap telemetry for Massa around the window of the alleged incident, but aparently no team has (publically) asked for such a review.
Then again, Massa's grid box starting position review came after it was brought to team's attention by fans, so there is still a possiblilty.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Alonso has opened a can of major whoop a$$ and whether he wins or loses the WDC he was the reason we all stayed up through the night to watch Korea to the end. At least respect that.

Well said.............I also was up for as long as I could 2:30am before the body shutdown.

I was cheering for and still am for Webber but after his crash I didn't stop watching because the race and the championship then became even more interesting and then Vettel blew up as FA rapidly was closing WOW.

2 races to go and all to play for..........who could ask for anything more.

Come on Webber.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alonso
Massa
Hamilton

Webber had a great opportunity in Korea and failed to capitalize. It's like watching momentum shift during a sporting event, and the shift is in Alonso's favor.

Quick Reply: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix