Sponsored by:

Winter Trailer Storage

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:25 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Winter Trailer Storage

This is my first winter for storing my Featherlite Trailer and I wanted to get an idea what steps are recommened. It will basically not move from End of October (past) until April of next year.

Stored in a parking lot with some cover from the winter elements. Should I add air to the tires and cover the Plug that gets connected to the car.

What are the typical items.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

I usually cover the plug with 2 bags and elastic bands, inflate the tires to max, and shield the tires with plywood re. UV exposure.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rodney,
I'm a few miles from you. Can you pass me some info on your find (location, price, etc)? I was calling the marina in Norwalk about spots. Speedsport - Danbury had a location for $175/month.

thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget the battery which may control brakes,etc.If you can't keep on a tender,take it out and bring it inside.I also keep a roof vent cracked to equalize temps in/out of the trailer.
tom B.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try and get direct AM sun on the roof. pitch the trailer to let the snow melt run off. This will keep the snow/ice load down. Not pretty when the roof is deflected . Check it after a heavy wet snow and rake off the edges. If you get a wopper or store in the shade Cut some 2x4 and make plywood end caps to brace the roof. Or do what most people do and do nothing. (in the spring just cauke those peskey roof leaks)

Regards
Tom
Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

I am lucky where I don't have to worry about direct snow. Also, don't have to worry temp equalization because the area is open. The trailer is basically covered in a parking garage, but snow could blow in from the wind.

Good suggestions. I will shield the tires from UV exposure. No option to keep the battery on a tener, but I will look into disconnecting it any storing it in my garage at home. Time to visit the trailer this weeking for some housekeeping

Quick Reply: Winter Trailer Storage