Sponsored by:

VIR Test&Tune for Lemons CMP Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIR Test&Tune for Lemons CMP Race

VIR is considering doing a South Course Test and Tune for the Feb. 24HR of Lemons CMP race. It would be $150 per car for the day, open track. They need at least 15 cars to have the event, so if interested please call Kevin Massey Shaw at 434-822-7700 x104. The tentative date is 2/11/11 on a Friday.

Full safety gear and Lemons/Chump Cars would only be allowed. If you do not think the car would pass the Lemons tech then do not assume it would pass the VIR Tech Inspection
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the info. If I can get my butt in gear and get our car ready I'll be there.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
BigTurboFan
Track Day

We're definately in. Thank you for setting this up.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by BigTurboFan
We're definately in. Thank you for setting this up.
Call Kevin and confirm your car count. Thet are close to having enough cars to pulling this off.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 PM
wadd3456
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kerrigan Smith
Full safety gear and Lemons/Chump Cars would only be allowed. If you do not think the car would pass the Lemons tech then do not assume it would pass the VIR Tech Inspection

Just to make sure I am reading this right...

Does that mean the car needs to be at a 100% complete level for Lemons/Chump? Our car is complete enough to enter HPDE's but we haven't put in the cage, kill and fire extinguisher yet.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by wadd3456
Just to make sure I am reading this right...

Does that mean the car needs to be at a 100% complete level for Lemons/Chump? Our car is complete enough to enter HPDE's but we haven't put in the cage, kill and fire extinguisher yet.
If you have gutted the car and pulled the glass out I would highly recommend you have a roll cage anyway before going out on the track. To answer your question, no we would not allow a car like that to run just for the very reason that we would want to make sure that somebody has all of the proper safeties and safety gear in place and working. Trying to set this up as a "shakedown" for the cars so people might get more of the experience at the event.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Just to give everybody an update. The event is a GO and we would love to see everybody there. Should be a fun day of Crap Can testing!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Well another update due to about 6 cars canceling yesterday for this event we will have to postpone it until later in the season. I apologize to those that wanted to be there.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Capt. Carrera
Racer

Default Why not go to CMP?

All is not lost!

As always, CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park) has a track day the Friday before the LeMons race.

Why not practice on the track you'll be racing on? I bet they even have sessions set aside for Lemons racers. You know, sessions that run the LeMons (west track) configuration!

I love VIR. It's a great track. But think about it, why test on one track, then drive four or more hours to race on an entirely different track? Instead, come and stay in lovely Camden S.C. all three days. Call (803) 475-2448 and sign up for the Friday CMP event. They'll even tell you what are the most popular hotels to stay at.

And no, I'm not employed by CMP. It just happens CMP is 18 miles from my house...

Quick Reply: VIR Test&Tune for Lemons CMP Race