Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need New Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:36 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am a cheap guy. Yet back a few years ago I got Schroth harness because of the whole SFI rated 2 year limit and FIA 5 year limit. At the time I needed a new harness and Scroth was one of the few with an FIA rating. Figuring the cost over 5 years instead of 2 make it a good value. So I bought it and loved it. I found it much nicer than anthing else. So when that one expired I got another Schroth in spite of other FIA certed harnesses for less.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got 2 new in box schroth 6 points (non hans) $500 + shipping takes them.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
I've got 2 new in box schroth 6 points (non hans) $500 + shipping takes them.
Dates are important to folks who race. Also, what style 6 point? 2" or 3" lap belts? Color?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
I've had Hooker belts and they don't compare in ease, fit, comfort to Schroth. The padding along the mid section makes them near impossible to cinch properly. 2" lap belts are a HUGE improvement over the old 3 inch design. The Hooker's may be stronger, but I'm not aware of any cases of Schroth's breaking because they weren't "strong enough." Can anyone point me to some examples?

My guess is that the Hooker's aren't FIA (the website only mentions SFI) which means you'll be re-webbing or replacing every 2 years.
Thats what I was worried about. I like the crank tight but thats some real big $ for 2+2.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dates are important to folks who race. Also, what style 6 point? 2" or 3" lap belts? Color?

Profi II, 2" lap belts, 3" shoulder belts, red. Not valid after 2015.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm currently using new Schroth Profi II in the Radical, I have a Teamtech RamPac in the 996TT, excellent harness as well.
http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/r...ss/rampac.html
Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hooker's may be stronger, but I'm not aware of any cases of Schroth's breaking because they weren't "strong enough." Can anyone point me to some examples?
It's more a matter of running the numbers. If one applies to harnesses the same criteria used for head and neck restraints, harnesses would need to be ~2X their current strength. In fact, if a small safety factor (2.0) is used, the belts would snap before BSF occurred.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end... Never cut corners on Saftey! This is not a cheap hobby and you can not replace your life.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
Our best seller is the Profi-II 6 - it comes with a 2" lapbelt so you can cinch the laps tighter around the hips. The belt can be ordered with the standard 3" shoulder belts or the 2" shoulder belts that Schroth recommends with a HANS device.

Here's the link to our Schroth harnesses page:

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...t.asp?scat=211

The Clubman only comes with 3" laps and 3" shoulders and the hardware/adjusters are heavier. You also need to order the mounting hardware if it's a new install (eyebolts/backup plates/bolts etc.).

Any ??, feel free to contact us.

PS: Apex Performance is a Rennlist sponsor - support your sponsors!
I got these from Apex last year and they are perfect, and the price was right.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding G-Force vs Schroth, I've also had both in my drivers side. The G-Force belts probably do just as good a job protecting you, but the Schroths are so much more liveable. I found the G-Force belts to be difficult to adjust and less comfortable because the webbing was so much stiffer. Then I bit the bullet and spent the $360 on a set of Schroths (vs $155 for G-Force) for the drivers side and I would never go back. It is so much easier to adjust the belts. I still have G-Force belts on the drivers side and don't want to spend the coin for the occasional passenger's comfort when the G-Force belts will keep them just as safe.

Quick Reply: Need New Harnesses