LSRPCA Club Race at TWS March 18-20 Registration is open

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Is it in Spec 996 trim ? ? ?
I guess not since that's too light for a 3.6L Spec 996 , but still a great time !
Old 03-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I guess not since that's too light for a 3.6L Spec 996 , but still a great time !
It's a 993.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Stock class prepped air cooled motor Just a good suspension and aero setup. 260 horsepower.

When you don't lift, it looks like you have a lot more power than you do.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:46 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

When you don't lift, it looks like you have a lot more power than you do.
Yep. Been there, done that, actually still do that !

Ok, who is Gasser ? Car ? I am guessing I should know this answer already but I don't.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

One of the Oklahoma boys... Red 993 Baby RSR. Pitted with Scott Johnson, Brooke Vanhorn.

Im Jeff.

Come up to Hallett and we can bench race a little. Stay for the BBQ
Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

One of the Oklahoma boys... Red 993 Baby RSR. Pitted with Scott Johnson, Brooke Vanhorn.

Im Jeff.

Come up to Hallett and we can bench race a little. Stay for the BBQ
Hi Jeff,
I saw you and your car, just not up too close.
Brooke is an old friend I have known for too many years to actually admit.
I do go to Hallett, it's actually one of my favorite tracks. I don't usually make the PCA races there although I do the NASA race there and occasional others.

Good to meet you,
Viking
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

So, for those of you that don't know - I have a son that will be 2 in a few months. The wife and I took a short trip (from Houston) to the club race at TWS. We chatted with a number of the Dallas folks that I used to DE with and also ran into VR. A number of racers were even gracious enough to let him sit in their race cars [note: we also learned that a bright red **** that says "FIRE" is very attractive to a toddler! Luckily, we caught him before he yanked it!].

During the races and DE sessions, he would stand at the infield fence and stare at the cars as they roared by.

Anyway, he doesn't have a giant vocabulary, but ever since the club race, he has been yelling "race car" over and over and over. All he wants to do is have me draw race cars (I'm not an artist, but apparently, his imagination is pretty good), hold a Matchbox race car of some sort, watch race cars on TV and make exhaust noises. We even "had" to watch the entire F1 practice session - and we watched qualifying and the race twice. During the day, he will knock on the garage door and yell race car so he can go sit in my GT3 and pull on the shifter and roll the steering wheel. This kid is seriously into race cars right now.

I'm not sure how long this will last, but for the time being - it's pretty dang cute/cool. Even my wife thinks it's neat - and has said I may have a co-driver on my hands in a few years.

-td
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Cool.... gotta start em early
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 768 Posts

Cool.... gotta start em early
+my five year old
Old 03-28-2011, 08:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Based on my experience, Matchbox is the entry drug.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by himself
So, for those of you that don't know - I have a son that will be 2 in a few months. The wife and I took a short trip (from Houston) to the club race at TWS. We chatted with a number of the Dallas folks that I used to DE with and also ran into VR.
Sorry I missed you. I haven't seen you in a long time. I'm in a spec miata now and was "camped" with a couple of other miatas between garage 2 and 3 at the club race. My grown son actually is tracking with me now and was at TWS running with us. He is building a spec miata. Being able to share your hobby with your sons is awesome (my other son drives now and then too). Here's a shot of Brian and I running together.

When are you going to do a DE at TWS?
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Sorry I missed you. I haven't seen you in a long time. I'm in a spec miata now and was "camped" with a couple of other miatas between garage 2 and 3 at the club race. My grown son actually is tracking with me now and was at TWS running with us. He is building a spec miata. Being able to share your hobby with your sons is awesome (my other son drives now and then too). Here's a shot of Brian and I running together.

When are you going to do a DE at TWS?
Doh! Sorry we missed you! I forgot that you had fallen to the dark side

I might hit TWS in the next few months. I've had some issue with tires recently, i.e., my wheels and tires are stored at MSR-C, and getting them to TWS is a pain. I just got another set of track wheels that I'm going to mount Nitto NT-01s on, so I should be able to drive the 70 miles to TSW on them. It won't be like running on Hoosiers, but it will be better than watching from the sidelines I can't wait to get my son on the track! That must be a real thrill!

-td
Old 03-29-2011, 03:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
Doh! Sorry we missed you! I forgot that you had fallen to the dark side

I might hit TWS in the next few months. I've had some issue with tires recently, i.e., my wheels and tires are stored at MSR-C, and getting them to TWS is a pain. I just got another set of track wheels that I'm going to mount Nitto NT-01s on, so I should be able to drive the 70 miles to TSW on them. It won't be like running on Hoosiers, but it will be better than watching from the sidelines I can't wait to get my son on the track! That must be a real thrill!

-td
Bob Mohan now offers a tire storage service at the track. You can leave a set of track rims there, and commute to and from on street tires.

Quick Reply: LSRPCA Club Race at TWS March 18-20 Registration is open